Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532329 times)

Flashback2012

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15135 on: April 22, 2020, 09:06:14 pm »
I really want to go to Holiday World. It’s up near Santa Claus, Indiana. It looks ridiculous and fun.

We went there a few years ago and I was itching to go back there this year (since the plan for Disney and/or Universal got nixed this year). The park has a couple of decent coasters and rides of all kinds but what makes it special is the themed layout. When we go to Kings Island or Cedar Point, it's all about the coasters/rides but there isn't much immersion; just turn your brain off and ride stuff. At Holiday World, it's nice to see the detail they put into each area. It isn't quite Disney but it's closer to it than the others ones mentioned.

Long story short, I highly recommend you put it on your bucket list if you're into amusement parks.  :P

« Reply #15136 on: April 22, 2020, 09:18:25 pm »
I really want to go to Holiday World. It’s up near Santa Claus, Indiana. It looks ridiculous and fun.

We went there a few years ago and I was itching to go back there this year (since the plan for Disney and/or Universal got nixed this year). The park has a couple of decent coasters and rides of all kinds but what makes it special is the themed layout. When we go to Kings Island or Cedar Point, it's all about the coasters/rides but there isn't much immersion; just turn your brain off and ride stuff. At Holiday World, it's nice to see the detail they put into each area. It isn't quite Disney but it's closer to it than the others ones mentioned.

Long story short, I highly recommend you put it on your bucket list if you're into amusement parks.  :P

Seconded. I have some family that lives near there and we go to Holiday World every year. The rides are pretty fun, last time I was there we had to adjust our plans for rides because it seemed like they were always closing and opening coasters throughout the day. But yeah, the different themed areas are really cool. I don't know if they still do it, but they used to have free soft drinks and sunscreen around the park. The drinks especially were nice to cool down with.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15137 on: April 22, 2020, 09:53:44 pm »
Well it is Earth Day after all, and by that token, I really need to say that I need to go ride some roller coasters.

Seriously, this virus and subsequent lockdown is aiming to kill the year in amusement and tourism industries. There were so many amusement parks I wanted to hit this summer. Cedar Point, Kennywood, Hershey Park, Busch Gardens Williamsburg....

:(

Yep, that was on my hit list too!! Voyage - one of the highest ranked wooden coasters of all time. The second longest ever built, only short of The Beast at KI. People say it's an amazing ride. I gotta get up there.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15138 on: April 22, 2020, 10:03:50 pm »

Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Dollywood are two parks you could pin somewhere between standard amusement park and Disneyland if you like atmosphere and immersion. On the other hand, my favorite all time ride, Flight of Fear is at KI and has got it's own really elaborate alien / space ship theme that is totally awesome!

kashell

« Reply #15139 on: April 23, 2020, 08:24:48 am »
I missed the intellectual discussion from oldgamerz, but I'm glad that it got folks talking about amusement parks. I miss Cedar Point dearly.

telly

« Reply #15140 on: April 23, 2020, 09:22:21 am »
I love Cedar Point

Millenium Force turns 20 years old this year and that's my favorite ride.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #15141 on: April 23, 2020, 01:32:15 pm »
I love Cedar Point

I last rode it in 2004... It's been forever. I really want to go back primarily for Millie, Magnum XL, and Maverick.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 01:42:24 pm by Warmsignal »

telly

« Reply #15142 on: April 23, 2020, 01:59:51 pm »
I love Cedar Point

I last rode it in 2004... It's been forever. I really want to go back primarily for Millie, Magnum XL, and Maverick.

Maverick's great but the line's always like 2 hours  :o. I'm not a fan of the Magnum XL to be honest. Gives me headaches every time I ride it since it's an older steel coaster.

Would recommend going again to do some of the new rides. If you haven't done Valravn or Gatekeeper, those are great.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #15143 on: April 24, 2020, 12:21:54 pm »
I know now is not the time to be complaining about the shipping of non-essential items but damn, Amazon is merciless. The main reason try to I avoid them, is the terrible shipping overall. From pricing, to time frame, to packaging. It's all, very, very bad. It could vary depending on where you are located, and what warehouses are nearest to you. But for me, it's bad all the way around.

When I had Prime I was disappointed in the very average service it offered. When you don't have Prime, you are dealing with carrier pigeons basically. They give themselves over two weeks to get you your package with the free option. They take almost a week to process for a place that supposedly employs so many, and they use cheap bubble mailers or wraps of cardboard in lieu actual boxes for shipping with no regard to how your specific item should be packaged. Amazon is the archetypal minimum effort, maximum profit type of corporation.

Now that my order has hit a snag somewhere at a regional facility, they've given themselves another whole week before they have to rectify my $20 purchase. I think I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it. Online shopping sucks. You know what's better than this? Walking into a store, making a transaction, and walking out with my purchase.

« Reply #15144 on: April 25, 2020, 12:25:37 pm »
I’ve never had that kind of issue with Amazon.  Even choosing the longest shipping times it takes at most a few days.  Mind you this is only the case if you choose Amazon as your seller.  Anything else is as inconsistent as eBay.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15145 on: April 25, 2020, 02:46:36 pm »
I’ve never had that kind of issue with Amazon.  Even choosing the longest shipping times it takes at most a few days.  Mind you this is only the case if you choose Amazon as your seller.  Anything else is as inconsistent as eBay.

Yeah, it's actually the sold and shipped by Amazon items that I have the issue with. I don't buy from the third parties at all. Walmart's 3-day delivery is essentially as good as Prime, and actually better without paying anything extra. Prime for me was typically 4 days, sometimes 5 and Saturday didn't count.

eBay of course is inconsistent but on average I get my orders within the same week, and sometimes sellers are actually quick without any additional fees or insensitive to be quick. Processing is generally any time the seller feels like, and shipping method is also their choice.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15146 on: April 27, 2020, 02:24:54 am »
Yeah even with prime right now I'm waiting until the 14 for some stupid guitar picks i ordered last week. I understand that things are taking a bit longer right now, but nearly a month is ridiculous.

« Reply #15147 on: April 27, 2020, 05:29:47 am »
I missed the intellectual discussion from oldgamerz, but I'm glad that it got folks talking about amusement parks. I miss Cedar Point dearly.

I went to Cedar Point in Ohio around in summer of 1998 with my family once in my life and it was cool, but sadly I can not ride rides anymore without getting sick, when I was younger than 16 years of age. I could stomach any ride even in a spinning ring ride at this one fair.

today I even get sick in the car in the hot summers. I'm afraid I'll puke on another rider, in which is why I will stay off all rides from now on probably for life. It's that serious. But part of that reason is because I taken massive pills for life since the age of 9, for my lifelong illness.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 05:44:00 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

« Reply #15148 on: April 27, 2020, 01:19:53 pm »
Eh, it's been that long? I'd give it another shot.

« Reply #15149 on: April 27, 2020, 01:50:40 pm »
Eh, it's been that long? I'd give it another shot.

If I was more healthy I probably would. I do have a yearly carnival is in June 2 blocks from where I live, not quite Cedar Point style but I don't even go there either anymore. but I've been there every single year growing up at the carnival since this yearly carnival is so close to where I live.

not only is my stomach an issue, I wear eyeglasses and am so near sided I'm almost blind, it's no fun on any roller coaster if you lose your only pair of eyeglasses, and going on a roller coaster without sight is pointless.

I have a lot of health problems both mental and physical but if I could see I would probably love to go on a roller coaster again. Eyedoctor said I needed laser eye surgery one time, but I don't want to get laser eye surgery since I've worn these glasses a long time now, and I am afraid the laser eye surgery would make thing worse for me
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"