Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517053 times)

Flashback2012

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15150 on: April 27, 2020, 01:51:32 pm »
So we were discussing how Cookstar was going to be the Stadium Events of the Switch and how it was sold out everywhere. Que to me on Saturday when I stopped by Target. I had a gift card from the holidays that I could use but mainly stopped in to use the restroom. I wandered back into electronics and what do I find? Two copies of Cookstar...for $29.99 each.

That would have been fantastic for me since I had that gift card for $10 BUT I had already ordered two copies from PlayAsia...for $49.99 each. OOF.  :o

azure

« Reply #15151 on: April 27, 2020, 02:17:49 pm »
Been reading up on the whole Cookstar fiasco during some downtime on the job. What a wild ride, whether those crypto miner allegations are true or not. Has production completely ceased on the game now at this point?

telly

« Reply #15152 on: April 27, 2020, 02:38:09 pm »
Been reading up on the whole Cookstar fiasco during some downtime on the job. What a wild ride, whether those crypto miner allegations are true or not. Has production completely ceased on the game now at this point?

Yeah no kidding, I was reading up on it too. It's crazy  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #15153 on: April 27, 2020, 03:34:28 pm »
I don't think Cookstar will be that rare in the end. I think Planet Entertainment have underscored their right to sell the game, and something tells me they are still printing copies. It seems to come in and out of stock around varies places. GS now has a product page for it, where they didn't before. I think they'll keep printing copies, and the game will do well largely because the copies seem to be flying off of shelves.

Eh, it's been that long? I'd give it another shot.

If I was more healthy I probably would. I do have a yearly carnival is in June 2 blocks from where I live, not quite Cedar Point style but I don't even go there either anymore. but I've been there every single year growing up at the carnival since this yearly carnival is so close to where I live.

not only is my stomach an issue, I wear eyeglasses and am so near sided I'm almost blind, it's no fun on any roller coaster if you lose your only pair of eyeglasses, and going on a roller coaster without sight is pointless.

I have a lot of health problems both mental and physical but if I could see I would probably love to go on a roller coaster again. Eyedoctor said I needed laser eye surgery one time, but I don't want to get laser eye surgery since I've worn these glasses a long time now, and I am afraid the laser eye surgery would make thing worse for me

I've seen lots of people riding with eye glasses before. On some of the more extreme rides, they recommend removing them. You could possibly secure them with some kind of necklace, no?

« Reply #15154 on: April 27, 2020, 10:26:50 pm »

If I was more healthy I probably would. I do have a yearly carnival is in June 2 blocks from where I live, not quite Cedar Point style but I don't even go there either anymore. but I've been there every single year growing up at the carnival since this yearly carnival is so close to where I live.

not only is my stomach an issue, I wear eyeglasses and am so near sided I'm almost blind, it's no fun on any roller coaster if you lose your only pair of eyeglasses, and going on a roller coaster without sight is pointless.

I have a lot of health problems both mental and physical but if I could see I would probably love to go on a roller coaster again. Eyedoctor said I needed laser eye surgery one time, but I don't want to get laser eye surgery since I've worn these glasses a long time now, and I am afraid the laser eye surgery would make thing worse for me

I've seen lots of people riding with eye glasses before. On some of the more extreme rides, they recommend removing them. You could possibly secure them with some kind of necklace, no?

If you think about it putting the eyeglasses a necklace would help but, what happens when you go upside down and all around? I am not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me, but, I remember catching my eyeglasses in thin air on this one roller coaster, and removing them takes all the fun away from the ride,

I  don't plan on ever riding with eyeglasses ever again, those who do, must be able to afford to lose them. and probably don't need them as much as I do.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

« Reply #15155 on: April 29, 2020, 08:56:03 pm »

If you think about it putting the eyeglasses a necklace would help but, what happens when you go upside down and all around? I am not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me, but, I remember catching my eyeglasses in thin air on this one roller coaster, and removing them takes all the fun away from the ride,

I  don't plan on ever riding with eyeglasses ever again, those who do, must be able to afford to lose them. and probably don't need them as much as I do.

In a lot of cases the positive g-forces in many of the inversions and turns will more than keep you in place. The only exceptions would be rides that are meant to give "hang time". On those, you absolutely should leave everything at the station, because even the contents of your pocket could be lost. These are only a select few rides usually of the same manufactures, primarily RMC "hybrid" model coasters like Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point, and some Mack launch coasters like Copperhead Strike at Carrowinds.

I wouldn't say that disorientation necessarily ruins a ride. My favorite one, Flight of Fear, is constructed entirely inside of one dark building with almost no lights at all during the whole ride. Just a few neon strobes and some ominous music playing as the ride spirals you around in the dark.

telly

« Reply #15156 on: April 30, 2020, 09:14:38 am »
I get motion sickness too, so I can't go too crazy with amusement rides.  I've tried taking Dramamine or Bonine beforehand and they help a little, but it's usually not enough. I'll have to take breaks in between rides.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #15157 on: April 30, 2020, 10:35:20 am »
The end of April is upon us. A full month of quarantine down.

azure

« Reply #15158 on: May 02, 2020, 03:26:55 pm »
Indeed, getting used to the whole WFH deal at this point.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15159 on: May 09, 2020, 05:36:48 pm »
Well I haven’t posted in foreve. Hey everyone!
Little update, I’m engaged now(don’t worry Kash, I still love you). I’m in a vet tech program and well. Life is busy
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

telly

« Reply #15160 on: May 09, 2020, 09:22:08 pm »
Little update, I’m engaged now(don’t worry Kash, I still love you). I’m in a vet tech program and well. Life is busy

Good to see you back on the forums man! :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15161 on: May 09, 2020, 10:28:19 pm »

Good to see you back on the forums man! :)

It’s good to be back.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #15162 on: May 10, 2020, 11:15:51 am »
Welcome back!

« Reply #15163 on: May 11, 2020, 11:08:34 pm »
The gf started playing Farming Simulator 19 at around 8:30 this morning, after I downloaded it as one of this month’s PS+ titles.  It’s now after 10pm and I’m getting ready for bed.  She’s barely even taken a break to eat.

« Reply #15164 on: May 12, 2020, 12:05:33 am »
The gf started playing Farming Simulator 19 at around 8:30 this morning, after I downloaded it as one of this month’s PS+ titles.  It’s now after 10pm and I’m getting ready for bed.  She’s barely even taken a break to eat.

She could be preparing herself to learn to farm and grow her own crops just in case.