Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1527569 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15225 on: June 11, 2020, 07:52:09 pm »
Demon's Souls remake. Heck yes.

tripredacus

« Reply #15226 on: June 12, 2020, 09:18:55 am »
I was looking through some of my computer hardware and realized that my CPU and mother board are both over 7 years old - and I kind of cheaped out at the time.  It may be closing in on time for a new build.   :o

My Mobo is pretty old at this point. I built my current machine before I started working at my current job and I've been there 10 1/2 years now.  :P

I've been talking about doing a new build for years now but haven't gotten around to getting the heavy hitter pieces yet, namely the mobo, top end graphics card & RAM. I picked up a Corsair 760T tower a few years back when I was semi-serious about doing a build and of course the whole bitcoin/blockchain thing happened and prices across the board skyrocketed.  :-\

As of right now I have that case, a SSD, and a 1TB drive. I've heard of ibuypower but was wondering if there's any other sites that let you spec out builds and what (I'm certain there are plenty).

I always cheap out. There is little benefit to making a top of the line computer. I did it once and it lasts just about as long as a low end system. And the performance differences are negligible these days, unlike when I built a high end system. If you are building for playing games, there are some fixed prices that you can't really avoid. That being CPU and video card. With those two items you're looking at at least $500 right there.

My gaming PC's current board is from 2015 and I bought it this year.
My daily-driver PC's current board is from 2007 and I got it in 2010.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15227 on: June 12, 2020, 11:35:43 am »
I always cheap out. There is little benefit to making a top of the line computer. I did it once and it lasts just about as long as a low end system. And the performance differences are negligible these days, unlike when I built a high end system. If you are building for playing games, there are some fixed prices that you can't really avoid. That being CPU and video card. With those two items you're looking at at least $500 right there.

My gaming PC's current board is from 2015 and I bought it this year.
My daily-driver PC's current board is from 2007 and I got it in 2010.

Yeah this computer has had a few upgrades to it, mostly the graphics card getting updated a few times and upping the RAM but everything else is the same as when I first put it together. I'm not opposed to building a new machine to the tune of $12-1500 but I've seen people pay near $1K JUST for the GPU.  :o

That's not me. I barely play anything PC outside of WoW anyway and I think a decent mid-level card would be good enough for what I do. The current build is mostly Gigabyte/Corsair but I've fallen out love with Gigabyte and am looking for a decent alternative (Asus seems to be the front-runner). I still enjoy Corsair products though but if anyone has any brand recommendations, I'm open to feedback.  ;)

tripredacus

« Reply #15228 on: June 12, 2020, 12:13:04 pm »
Yeah well nVidia is the current king of video cards, and people paying $1000 are buying the brand new card from them. I see a lot of the same mentality with people who just buy brand new cell phones all the time. There has always been a group of people who always bought new video cards, but it seems more amplified because of youtubers and streamers talking about it.

Asus is fine for boards. My absolute favorite was Intel. Microstar is nice also. But these are just my own choices, they aren't recommendations. In general, the big ODMs are all about the same. People get their own loyalty based on past history, whether they had issue with the ODM or the manufacturer. For example for past experiences, I won't buy nVidia graphics cards, or video cards from Microstar, even though they are generally fine for everyone else. There is some brand loyalty happening but you just pick whatever works for you I guess.

« Reply #15229 on: June 22, 2020, 10:03:59 pm »
IT FINALLY HAPPENED BOYS! I bought Tube Slider for GameCube! The dreams have finally come true.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15230 on: June 22, 2020, 10:16:34 pm »
IT FINALLY HAPPENED BOYS! I bought Tube Slider for GameCube! The dreams have finally come true.

What’s Tube Slider? 
I’ve honestly never heard of it. Is it hard to find?

« Reply #15231 on: June 23, 2020, 12:27:19 am »
It's a fairly uncommon game. This was the first one I ever ran across in the wild. I'm just irrationally excited about it.  :P

kashell

« Reply #15232 on: June 23, 2020, 07:37:21 am »
I never heard of it, either. But, I'm glad you're happy. I like it when video games make people happy.

« Reply #15233 on: June 23, 2020, 08:12:18 am »

What’s Tube Slider? 

Well, whatever you do, don't just google "Tube Slider".  That sounds like it could only end in pain.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15234 on: June 23, 2020, 10:24:22 am »
What’s Tube Slider? 

Think futuristic racing game in the vein of Wipeout or Grip.

Well, whatever you do, don't just google "Tube Slider".  That sounds like it could only end in pain.

I found it on the cheap at a flea market booth years ago and the game was in immaculate condition. The game's title does have enough of an innuendo to make you snicker like a schoolkid.

« Reply #15235 on: June 24, 2020, 11:40:06 am »
Well I did some deep cleaning last night with my collection on this site, I removed a lot of entries to my collection that I don't have and I removed all or most of the games I didn't actually own, and also added some games too.

Boy I can't believe how many racing games I have. And a lot of those games I put into my collection, barely anyone on this site owns. I find racing games to be my thing and golf, both are easier to understand how to play them, as with all sports game except for american football, I need to get to know how to play any Madden game
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #15236 on: July 03, 2020, 11:09:15 pm »

Back when my Gamecube collection was double the size it is now I had that one too. Never got around to playing it before I sold it. Looked decent though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15237 on: July 16, 2020, 12:29:39 pm »
Hi guys, lurking around the forums again to see what's going on. Been a long time since I've been on here. How's everyone doing?

Still collecting games, but for a while there was focusing more on my comic and movie collections.

Been doing absolutley nothing at my work due to COVID stuff. No students to teach, but we're still here anyways. Cleaned the place, painted it, cleaned the company cars, now there's nothing to do and I'm bored out of my mind.

Wife and kid doing great. Other than the COVID stuff we're all dealing with, life is pretty normal still.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15238 on: July 16, 2020, 12:34:57 pm »
Hi guys, lurking around the forums again to see what's going on. Been a long time since I've been on here. How's everyone doing?

Still collecting games, but for a while there was focusing more on my comic and movie collections.

Been doing absolutley nothing at my work due to COVID stuff. No students to teach, but we're still here anyways. Cleaned the place, painted it, cleaned the company cars, now there's nothing to do and I'm bored out of my mind.

Wife and kid doing great. Other than the COVID stuff we're all dealing with, life is pretty normal still.

Good to see you back around! 
I dipped my toe into your comic world. I got a little too into the 2012-now He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. That stuff is fun! 
Any hot tips on where I can buy comics online outside of eBay?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15239 on: July 16, 2020, 12:40:18 pm »

Good to see you back around! 
I dipped my toe into your comic world. I got a little too into the 2012-now He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. That stuff is fun! 
Any hot tips on where I can buy comics online outside of eBay?

Missed a lot of that, but I'm definitely interested in it. I did get the recent He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse mini-series. That was a lot of fun. He-Mans from alternate realities team-up to take down an evil He-Man that is gathering all the Power Swords and powers of the Castle of Grayskull in each reality. You see the comic He-Man, cartoon He-Man (both original and remake), the space cartoon He-Man, the movie He-Man, and more.

MyComicShop.com is the best place to get back issues for a decent price. And I get all my current issues from MidTownComics.com (both my local comic shops shutdown, unfortunately).