Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517065 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15270 on: August 05, 2020, 08:53:58 am »
So apparently when my neighborhood was built the contractos used substandard PEX for the plumbing in several houses.  I've currently got about my 8th leak in 6 years.  After the third or so we just started fixing them ourselves.

But this latest one is some where between the meter and the house, so we are having to outside to turn the water on and off, and we can't pinpoint it ourselves.  The plumbers coming out to give an estimate today.  I'm afraid I'm gonna get raked over the coals.  Crossing my fingers for a "reasonable" price.

And raked over the coals it is.   >:(

kashell

« Reply #15271 on: August 05, 2020, 09:16:10 am »
So apparently when my neighborhood was built the contractos used substandard PEX for the plumbing in several houses.  I've currently got about my 8th leak in 6 years.  After the third or so we just started fixing them ourselves.

But this latest one is some where between the meter and the house, so we are having to outside to turn the water on and off, and we can't pinpoint it ourselves.  The plumbers coming out to give an estimate today.  I'm afraid I'm gonna get raked over the coals.  Crossing my fingers for a "reasonable" price.

And raked over the coals it is.   >:(
You're not the first person in that county I know to deal with that nonsense. That's lame you're going through it now.

« Reply #15272 on: August 05, 2020, 09:26:45 am »
Oh, I've been going through it for five years or so.  This is just the first big issue that we've had in a few years - and it is not fixable on our own because of all of the digging, etc that would be required.

« Reply #15273 on: August 05, 2020, 09:42:20 am »
I had to have a plumber come out and do near $1k worth of work (almost none of which the home warranty covered) because of the cheap work done when the house was built.  I know the pain.  My condolences.

« Reply #15274 on: August 05, 2020, 09:43:46 am »
I had to have a plumber come out and do near $1k worth of work (almost none of which the home warranty covered) because of the cheap work done when the house was built.  I know the pain.  My condolences.

pzeke

« Reply #15275 on: August 05, 2020, 03:49:08 pm »
Hey, bud, I'm allowed to have opinions.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15276 on: August 05, 2020, 06:01:50 pm »
The PS4 can't play audio CDs?! :o

Just learned this.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15277 on: August 05, 2020, 10:58:28 pm »

Just learned this.

That’s really weird. I would have lost money on that.

kashell

« Reply #15278 on: August 06, 2020, 08:08:23 am »

Just learned this.

That’s really weird. I would have lost money on that.
Same. Knowledge is power!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15279 on: August 10, 2020, 05:15:55 pm »
Why can't I find Batman: Return to Arkham on GameStop's website? Am I stupid? And if not, why aren't they selling it?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15280 on: August 10, 2020, 06:34:23 pm »
Why can't I find Batman: Return to Arkham on GameStop's website? Am I stupid? And if not, why aren't they selling it?

Just checked, yeah that is weird, also Best Buy seems to only have the PS4 version

soera

« Reply #15281 on: August 11, 2020, 12:27:06 am »

Just learned this.

I agree. Definitely weird. I cant understand the logic behind it either. I found this out a while back and just never thought about it again cause it literally made no sense.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15282 on: August 13, 2020, 12:48:32 pm »
MY WIFE DOESN'T HAVE CANCER!

Can't say that on Facebook because I don't know how private my wife wants it, but I wanted to share it somewhere.

My wife has a cyst on her ovaries. A big one. The doctor was preparing her for cancer because he thought it was. But the labs came back negative for cancer. However we aren't quite out of the woods, yet. Even though it's not cancerous, it's still very large. And as a result, one of her ovaries are hanging down and it's in danger or wrapping around the fallopian tube; which could kill her. So she has a surgery to get it removed next week. But as long as everything goes according to plan, she should be okay.

« Reply #15283 on: August 13, 2020, 01:13:13 pm »

Can't say that on Facebook because I don't know how private my wife wants it, but I wanted to share it somewhere.

My wife has a cyst on her ovaries. A big one. The doctor was preparing her for cancer because he thought it was. But the labs came back negative for cancer. However we aren't quite out of the woods, yet. Even though it's not cancerous, it's still very large. And as a result, one of her ovaries are hanging down and it's in danger or wrapping around the fallopian tube; which could kill her. So she has a surgery to get it removed next week. But as long as everything goes according to plan, she should be okay.
My niece has the same thing.  For the longest time she was on a certain birth control because it would keep it from growing.  I think she was supposed to have surgery at some point, haven't talked to them in a while though.

Good luck.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15284 on: August 13, 2020, 01:37:37 pm »

My niece has the same thing.  For the longest time she was on a certain birth control because it would keep it from growing.  I think she was supposed to have surgery at some point, haven't talked to them in a while though.

Good luck.

Thanks.

My wife was on birth control, as well. But we were told that was to help control the irregular bleeding (as in menstrual cycle) that was a side-effect of the cysts. They had been monitoring it for a few years now. It was at the last check-up that all the sudden it grown a ton and they thought it was cancerous.