Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517590 times)

tripredacus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15450 on: November 16, 2020, 10:21:06 am »
Imagine selling an item for .99¢ and charging $50 on shipping

I used to buy DVD sets from China that were .99 BIN + shipping.

pzeke

« Reply #15451 on: November 16, 2020, 11:02:58 am »
Well, of course, China.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

pzeke

« Reply #15452 on: November 18, 2020, 01:11:46 pm »
Just a heads up to those in here that sell on eBay: avoid their managed payment program for as long as you can; I've read nothing but terrible, nightmarish things about this new feature they're trying to push given they're phasing out from PayPal soon. Just recently I got an email where I'm offered a $25 coupon for updating my "account details", which at first I thought they meant my address and such since they tend to occasionally send these type of emails; however, it turned out to be them in their furtive way hoping I'd enroll in the program because, "Oh, a $25 coupon!"—I've talked with a few other sellers that received emails offering coupons of up to $100. Unfortunately, eBay will be forcing this new program on all sellers in the future, so like I said, avoid it like the plague for as long as you can.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #15453 on: November 19, 2020, 12:36:04 am »
Just a heads up to those in here that sell on eBay: avoid their managed payment program for as long as you can; I've read nothing but terrible, nightmarish things about this new feature they're trying to push given they're phasing out from PayPal soon. Just recently I got an email where I'm offered a $25 coupon for updating my "account details", which at first I thought they meant my address and such since they tend to occasionally send these type of emails; however, it turned out to be them in their furtive way hoping I'd enroll in the program because, "Oh, a $25 coupon!"—I've talked with a few other sellers that received emails offering coupons of up to $100. Unfortunately, eBay will be forcing this new program on all sellers in the future, so like I said, avoid it like the plague for as long as you can.

I think I almost did this however out of laziness, I didn't because it wanted me to fill out some information I wasn't bothered with filling out

pzeke

« Reply #15454 on: November 20, 2020, 09:48:15 am »
And don't bother with any of it until the bridge has to be crossed.

pzeke

« Reply #15455 on: November 20, 2020, 10:20:53 am »
I reckon 1adamm12 made the mistake of posting multiple times, spamming in the process; but was it really necessary to delete the one thread he got the most replies to the question he asked? That was a tad too much.

Anyway, if you're reading 1adamm12, here's my original reply to your question:

Quote from: pzeke
Firstly, don't post the same topic multiple times on different boards, you're just spamming at that point and it's unnecessary, not to mention it doesn't look good for a newcomer. Otherwise, welcome to the forums

As for your question, there are certainly options outside of eBay, but unfortunately eBay tends to be the norm for most people, although I'm not saying you couldn't thrive somewhere else. A few of the sellers I know don't keep their eggs in one basket, so to speak, so they also sell on Mercari and Amazon; and others also use mobile apps like OfferUp.

I would suggest to start with eBay, pace yourself by listing common to somewhat uncommon items and then list your "heavy hitters" once you've accumulated enough sales. One of the best advice I was given was to never start selling big-ticket items if you're a new seller, and to space them in-between your other items to not sabotage your other listings. If eBay doesn't sound appealing, then join some Facebook groups, get acquainted and start selling whenever possible. As mentioned, there are also mobile apps to sell locally like LetGo and OfferUp.

Below are some reference links if you want to learn about other alternatives outside of eBay:
eBay Alternatives (Salehoo)
eBab Alternatives (nChannel)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 05:10:16 pm by pzeke »

kashell

« Reply #15456 on: November 20, 2020, 02:15:31 pm »
Today might be the most Friday a Friday every Friday'd. The motivation at work is at an all time low. Knowing that a short work week isn't too far behind isn't helping matters, either.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15457 on: November 23, 2020, 07:59:51 pm »
The Choro Q series of games is the biggest mess of mixed up titles I think I've ever seen. The series ran from the mid-90s through the late 2000s, and instead of just calling the series Choro Q across all regions, they perpetually juggled a slew of different names around between the NTSC and PAL regions with each installment. So when one entry in the series would be called Gadget Racers here, in Europe it would be called Penny Racers, then the next game would be titled Road Trip here, but be called Road Trip Adventure there, then the game that was to be released as Road Trip Adventure Avenue here was released as Gadget Racers there. Of course, the series ended on another Penny Racers title, which is what it started as in North America, but was never known as in Japan. Oh, and at least one of the titles actually made it out as simply "Choro Q" stateside. It's the biggest cluster**** ever.

Cool series of games, but I believe the marketing was nothing short of sabotage in the west.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15458 on: November 24, 2020, 05:38:43 am »
The Choro Q series of games is the biggest mess of mixed up titles I think I've ever seen. The series ran from the mid-90s through the late 2000s, and instead of just calling the series Choro Q across all regions, they perpetually juggled a slew of different names around between the NTSC and PAL regions with each installment. So when one entry in the series would be called Gadget Racers here, in Europe it would be called Penny Racers, then the next game would be titled Road Trip here, but be called Road Trip Adventure there, then the game that was to be released as Road Trip Adventure Avenue here was released as Gadget Racers there. Of course, the series ended on another Penny Racers title, which is what it started as in North America, but was never known as in Japan. Oh, and at least one of the titles actually made it out as simply "Choro Q" stateside. It's the biggest cluster**** ever.

Cool series of games, but I believe the marketing was nothing short of sabotage in the west.
Hahahah I tried to make sense out of it in the European PS2 section
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

Warmsignal

« Reply #15459 on: November 24, 2020, 11:58:43 am »

Do you know what they called Road Trip: Arcade Edition over in Europe? Gadget Racers. Yeah, the very same name as the PS2 Gadget Racers, except the Gadget Racers on GameCube is actually a totally different game. So Europe got two different games, the same name, and I think the same cover art (according to VGC maybe someone got confused). Only way to differentiate is that they're each exclusive to either console.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15460 on: November 27, 2020, 11:54:03 am »

Do you know what they called Road Trip: Arcade Edition over in Europe? Gadget Racers. Yeah, the very same name as the PS2 Gadget Racers, except the Gadget Racers on GameCube is actually a totally different game. So Europe got two different games, the same name, and I think the same cover art (according to VGC maybe someone got confused). Only way to differentiate is that they're each exclusive to either console.
Oh wow, I was not aware of that. I hope to be able to complete this ChoroQ set for the ps2 soon!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

kashell

« Reply #15461 on: November 28, 2020, 12:33:22 pm »
A remaster of my favorite game of all time has been announced for next summer!

https://youtu.be/snoSD4RpRqU

Flashback2012

« Reply #15462 on: November 28, 2020, 01:01:12 pm »

As a fan of the series since the first game on PS1 (not counting the one on MSX from the 80's), I can relate that tracking down the various named versions in the US has been nothing short of a chore.  :P  It would go from Penny Racers to Gadget Racers to Road Trip and then back to Choro Q depending on who managed to get the rights to the game. I'm pretty sure I was able to track down all of the US releases...

While I can't recall how I acquired the first one, I do remember sinking ungodly amounts of time into playing it. I even went and got a book to help me decipher katakana and the game basically helped me learn how to read that alphabet. Aside from that, I still remember the blistering pain from using the original PS1 controller to play. It was mild torture having to use the D-pad buttons to steer and constantly hold down X to accelerate.  :o

Warmsignal

« Reply #15463 on: December 01, 2020, 01:40:56 am »
What's the deal with BF video game deals this year? It's like every ad was for many of the same titles we've seen across these sales over the past 4 years. How many times can they put Rabbids Kingdom on sale? They're still printing more copies that game? What a world.

I only picked up Trials of Mana and Slide Stars. Was very shocked to see Trials on sale. That game disappeared from retail shelves about as soon as it came out.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15464 on: December 01, 2020, 01:54:17 pm »
My aunt and uncle gave me their 320 GB Star Wars edition Xbox 360 Slim...amazing!

Big upgrade from my launch model 20 GB 360.