Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1531134 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15540 on: January 26, 2021, 10:19:19 pm »
So, I've spent like 2 hours tonight trying to find my bluetooth headphone dongle for my Switch.  I last used it a couple of months ago, and kept it in my Switch travel case.  The only thing that makes any sense is that one of the cats got inside the case.  There's only so many places it could be.  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

« Reply #15541 on: January 27, 2021, 12:49:50 am »
So, I've spent like 2 hours tonight trying to find my bluetooth headphone dongle for my Switch.  I last used it a couple of months ago, and kept it in my Switch travel case.  The only thing that makes any sense is that one of the cats got inside the case.  There's only so many places it could be.  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

How are those dongles? Been kind of wanting to get one for my Switch but never pulled the trigger.

« Reply #15542 on: January 27, 2021, 06:20:21 am »

How are those dongles? Been kind of wanting to get one for my Switch but never pulled the trigger.

This one was about $40 and worked great.  That's why I'm so irritated I can't find it! lol

I went ahead and ordered a cheap replacement from China.  It should be here in a month.  We'll see how it stacks up.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 09:13:38 am by Cartagia »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15543 on: January 27, 2021, 10:57:40 am »

This one was about $40 and worked great.  That's why I'm so irritated I can't find it! lol

I went ahead and ordered a cheap replacement from China.  It should be here in a month.  We'll see how it stacks up.

Maybe the next version of the switch will have that built in.
I’m trying to hold out for a Switch+ or something to be released.
I’ve got bad drift and my fan is loud as hell. I need a new console pretty soon.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15544 on: January 27, 2021, 01:49:28 pm »
Venting post:

Big Trekkie, here. Was in a group about Star Trek Discovery. I made a post saying I thought Season 3 was weaker than the previous 2 seasons, and if anyone else agreed. It was deleted by admin and I was told it added nothing positive to the group. Then someone else (suspiciously) makes a post about how if you don't like it then why bitch, moan, and cry about it and trolls need to shutup and move on. And such a confrontational post is allowed. I reply to said post saying a negative opinion is just as valid as a positive one. It's what online discussion is for. I then got muted. Needless to say I left.

How close-minded and sensitive do you have to be that only positive opinions are allowed and anything otherwise is trolling? Its not like i was insulting or attacking anyone.

« Reply #15545 on: January 27, 2021, 03:47:16 pm »
Disco opinions seem to always generate arguments, so I could understand if that was reasoning behind the deletion, but that follow-up indicates that it wasn't it at all.  The best group I've found for discussion has (surprisingly) been Star Trek Shitposting on FB.  There's a lot of goofing on the shows, but the mods are very against purposefully biogted / inflammatory content.  But it can be hard to get a real discussion going because there are like 85K people in there and its easy to get buried.

As for season 3, I found the overall premise to be the strongest one so far, but the execution was maybe the weakest overall, just because they were (for once) not really pushing the envelope.  I liked it overall - it started really strong and kind of petered out by the end, but think S2 was better (Pike was incredible).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15546 on: January 27, 2021, 04:39:06 pm »
Disco opinions seem to always generate arguments, so I could understand if that was reasoning behind the deletion, but that follow-up indicates that it wasn't it at all.  The best group I've found for discussion has (surprisingly) been Star Trek Shitposting on FB.  There's a lot of goofing on the shows, but the mods are very against purposefully biogted / inflammatory content.  But it can be hard to get a real discussion going because there are like 85K people in there and its easy to get buried.

As for season 3, I found the overall premise to be the strongest one so far, but the execution was maybe the weakest overall, just because they were (for once) not really pushing the envelope.  I liked it overall - it started really strong and kind of petered out by the end, but think S2 was better (Pike was incredible).

Season 2 was my favorite, too. Pike was awesome.

Yeah, season 3 started strong. Just the possibility of exploring that future. But that was the problem. So little of it was actually explored. And I thought the cause of The Burn was a big letdown.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15547 on: January 28, 2021, 05:06:50 am »
14 feb. season 1 starts here. Its been a long time that i have seen a star trek serie.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15548 on: January 28, 2021, 02:07:05 pm »

« Reply #15549 on: January 28, 2021, 03:16:22 pm »

What is this sexiness you have brought upon my eyes?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15550 on: January 28, 2021, 03:23:38 pm »
Saw it on Facebook, too cool not to share.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15551 on: January 29, 2021, 12:22:02 pm »

Missed opportunity.

I loved the hack-n-slash gameplay that was very reminiscent of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. I loved the idea of the village upgrading mechanic. And having a Viking setting was refreshing for this sub-genre of RPGs (rather than the typical fantasy D&D setting).

But it was all just so barebones. The RPG aapects weren't very deep and the village building felt even more rudimentary.

I'm just so disappointed because of how cool it all sounds on paper.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15552 on: January 31, 2021, 08:09:01 pm »
Whenever I see a game on sale I just look at the deal and think "wow, that's a good deal. I should really jump on that one". Then I don't. Then it goes off sale, and I'm like dammit! Why did you take it off sale??! It should have stayed on sale forever I could think about buying it indefinitely!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 09:24:18 pm by Warmsignal »

Warmsignal

« Reply #15553 on: February 04, 2021, 08:17:36 pm »
Anyone had a backordered purchase from GameStop? They are not exactly known for bringing games back into stock once they're gone. I mean, it was on sale for a bit, then went out of stock when I went to buy it, then it was suddenly available again, so I jumped on it. Now unavailable again. Status "awaiting product availability". I kinda wonder if anything will ever come of it.

« Reply #15554 on: February 04, 2021, 09:40:04 pm »
Anyone had a backordered purchase from GameStop? They are not exactly known for bringing games back into stock once they're gone. I mean, it was on sale for a bit, then went out of stock when I went to buy it, then it was suddenly available again, so I jumped on it. Now unavailable again. Status "awaiting product availability". I kinda wonder if anything will ever come of it.
I have, but usually when that happens they reach out to stores until they find a store with a copy that matches what you bought (new/used) and the store sends it direct.  Usually wind up with New in a GS case or used loose (or even no disc) from my experience