Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517433 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15615 on: March 10, 2021, 11:37:55 am »
My car still has both a cassette deck and a CD player, and they still work like a charm.

Also never buy CDs from Walmart as they still just sell the censored versions.

Yet they carry R rated movies and mature rated video games...and shotguns. Oh, and dildos, too!

Quip aside, they will on occassion carry uncensored CDs, though in very limited quantities.

Dildos eh?  I have to wonder if they sell just those or if they offer other "recreational paraphernalia" there as well.  :o

I must admit, "Great Value FleshLight" is not a term I expected my brain to conjure up this morning but here we are.  :P

I've only seen the "back massager" variety.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15616 on: March 10, 2021, 12:31:43 pm »
My car still has both a cassette deck and a CD player, and they still work like a charm.

Yet they carry R rated movies and mature rated video games...and shotguns. Oh, and dildos, too!

Quip aside, they will on occassion carry uncensored CDs, though in very limited quantities.

Dildos eh?  I have to wonder if they sell just those or if they offer other "recreational paraphernalia" there as well.  :o

I must admit, "Great Value FleshLight" is not a term I expected my brain to conjure up this morning but here we are.  :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15617 on: March 10, 2021, 12:36:50 pm »

Ha!

Warmsignal

« Reply #15618 on: March 10, 2021, 08:31:35 pm »
Not everything sold on Walmart.com is actually sold by Walmart. It's an online marketplace, like Amazon.

« Reply #15619 on: March 10, 2021, 08:45:23 pm »
Not everything sold on Walmart.com is actually sold by Walmart. It's an online marketplace, like Amazon.

yes true, and according to my experience
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #15620 on: March 10, 2021, 08:59:23 pm »

Sold and shipped by Walmart, while sometimes fulfilled by a supplier. Semantics, schemantics. The point stands, I believe. This truly isn't a big deal, quite frankly, CVS and Walgreens sell adult toys as well; I was merely trying to make a point given the context of the conversation.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15621 on: March 13, 2021, 04:11:06 am »
I was talking to someone at work today about video games. He was talking about Skyrim. I tell him I love the entire Elder Scrolls series. That I bought my original Xbox just so I could play Morrowind because it blew my mind at the time.

He then tells me he remembers that being the first console he ever played...damn did that make me feel old.

« Reply #15622 on: March 13, 2021, 09:44:35 am »
I was talking to someone at work today about video games. He was talking about Skyrim. I tell him I love the entire Elder Scrolls series. That I bought my original Xbox just so I could play Morrowind because it blew my mind at the time.

He then tells me he remembers that being the first console he ever played...damn did that make me feel old.

it's amazing to myself, just how old the video game culture really is, and that it's started to become mainstream in many peoples lives (edit) over 50 years ago! from today. and for others over 60 years ago, my dad was born in 1965 and even he used to be a hard core gamer. for a long portion of his life. he used to play games in the arcades.

I once heard that some Tempest like game was the first video game made in 1954 on some university computer, but now google is saying the PONG was the first video game invented in 1958 so I don't know what to beleve
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 10:09:39 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

« Reply #15623 on: March 13, 2021, 10:21:47 am »
There's always someone who remembers getting a PS4 for their 5th birthday. Man, that's old school. #RETRO GAMES.

I doesn't matter how old they get, nothing after N64 is retro to me. The case could better be argued that nothing after fourth gen is.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15624 on: March 13, 2021, 01:00:52 pm »

it's amazing to myself, just how old the video game culture really is, and that it's started to become mainstream in many peoples lives (edit) over 50 years ago! from today. and for others over 60 years ago, my dad was born in 1965 and even he used to be a hard core gamer. for a long portion of his life. he used to play games in the arcades.

I once heard that some Tempest like game was the first video game made in 1954 on some university computer, but now google is saying the PONG was the first video game invented in 1958 so I don't know what to beleve

Tennis for Two was made using radar equipment in 1958 by William Higgenbotham. Some don't consider it the first because there was no computer technology involved. Not quite Pong, though. It had a side-view, rather than the overhead view of Pong.

If that doesn't count then it's Space War in 1962 by Steve Russel. It was made on a PDP Mainframe computer at a university and shared around university networks. Two-player game where each player controls a space ship and tries to blow each other up. Overhead 2D view. There's a star in the middle of the screen that has real gravity that can affect the ships as they fly by it.

Nolan Bushnell, the founder of Atari, was at a seminar where Space War was shown off. This is where he got his idea for the first arcade game which was a rip-off of Space War called Computer Space in 1971, and it bombed. Pong was released by Atari a year later in 1972 and was Atari's first success. Interestingly enough, The Magnavox Odyssey, the first console, was also released in 1972 and was damn similar to Pong.

I'm very interested in gaming history.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 02:51:57 pm by burningdoom »

Warmsignal

« Reply #15625 on: March 13, 2021, 03:29:38 pm »
Anybody want a free Big Planet 2 PS3 slim face plate? Just pay shipping. I need to post up another thread for stuff I want to get rid of. I hate to just trash things, but seriously need to cut down on clutter right now.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15626 on: March 15, 2021, 02:15:47 pm »
Fuck you COVID!

Getting real frustrated with the Xbox Series X battle. Every time I see it's available I just missed it by minutes. >:(

kashell

« Reply #15627 on: March 15, 2021, 02:39:16 pm »
I picked up a sleek looking four-record vinyl for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Much to my surprise, my husband still has his old record player. I'm excited to get this thing spinning.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15628 on: March 15, 2021, 04:29:57 pm »
Fuck you COVID!

Getting real frustrated with the Xbox Series X battle. Every time I see it's available I just missed it by minutes. >:(

Not only do you have to deal with Pandemic Purchasing™, it's being bolstered by tax returns and that latest round of stimmy checks.  :P

Hit up a (severely overcrowded) comic convention this weekend and now possess the entirety of the original Howard the Duck series collected in trade for only $20.  ;D

Now I just need that same thing to happen for the collected run of Peter Porker, the Spectacular Spider-Ham.  ;)

telly

« Reply #15629 on: March 15, 2021, 04:37:11 pm »
I picked up a sleek looking four-record vinyl for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Much to my surprise, my husband still has his old record player. I'm excited to get this thing spinning.

I have a couple video game soundtracks on vinyl. It's a slippery slope especially with how beautiful some of the records look. My favorite is this black and crystal hand poured in vinyl of Hollow Knight Piano collections. It looks so dope

https://www.discogs.com/David-Peacock-Hollow-Knight-Piano-Collections-/release/16549122
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery