Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1516952 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15675 on: March 27, 2021, 12:34:13 am »
There are few things more frustrating than loosing track of your own belongings in your own home. I rarely do that, but I'm having a moment. I go to dig out my SEGA CDX and hook it up. I had it stored in a TV console along with my Master System. Well, both systems were in there still, but all the cords for them inexplicable gone. Missing are my composite cables and power brick for CDX and whatever power brick I was using for Master System. This past fall when I started work on my "game room", some retro systems were moved in there. But none of those would use this stuff. I checked that setup and none of it is there. Wherever my composite cables are, that's where my power brick is too.

I sense "borrowing" being the culprit here. My brother has a habit of asking me to bring my stuff over when he can't get his to work. Then I forget it's over there. He doesn't have a CDX though, so I shouldn't have brought that AC adapter over there. That thing is damn expensive too, and they're not to be swapped between different models either.

MK-4122 is the part number for that CDX adapter. I have no idea why it's seared into my memory. Anytime I'm in a mom n' pop shop and they have spare adapters laying about, I always check the part numbers to see if I can find one in the wild still.  :P

I found a place called Retro Game Cave, they produce replacement adapters that match to the OEM spec. Their CDX adapter is $36. I really don't care about the originality of adapters, as long as it's the right juice for the delicate little thing, it'll do.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15676 on: March 28, 2021, 11:29:34 am »
Yeah at this stage of the game, any port in a storm will do. I've been warming up to the idea of getting Hyperkin cords for my older systems so I can use them on my TV instead of trotting out my tiny 9" Toshiba TV/DVD player every time I want to play something older than PS3/XB360. The only problem with getting the cables means I'd want to leave my old systems hooked up and I simply don't have the room to do so.  :-\

Spent half of yesterday fruitlessly searching for the Monster Hunter Rise Switch and Pro Controller as well as the Sanrio Animal Crossing Amiibo cards. The cards were Target exclusive (this practice needs to f'ing stop already) and every mouth-breathing scalper in the area snatched up whatever stock all of the local Targets had. On eBay, BIN auctions are asking $70-80 with several regular auctions having 20+ bids while going for around $30.

I wasn't holding my breath on the MH system or controller. I was talking to my buddy who works at GameStop a few weeks ago and said the pre-order window was open for a nanosecond and was only available online which is funny because they had a printed ad for the system/controller this past week.  :P A couple of people on Reddit noted success at Walmart so we checked there but found nothing.

This is beating a dead horse at this point but I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally getting tired of NOA's shenanigans. I had this sliver of hope after seeing that things such as Super Mario 3D All-Stars,  Fire Emblem 30th Ann. Ed., and the Super Mario Game & Watch have decent quantities (well FE not at first). Also, the Super Mario Switch systems were at first not hard to obtain as I had thought so I had this glimmer that maybe the MH system/controller would be the same. This dangling carrot/FOMO nonsense is well past old at this point, just let me give you f'ing money!  >:(

Flashback2012

« Reply #15677 on: March 30, 2021, 01:25:31 pm »
Nailed down a MH Rise Switch. Still no luck on the Pro Controller or the Sanrio Amiibo cards. Not holding my breath at this point.  :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15678 on: April 02, 2021, 01:06:43 am »
I have GTA: San Andreas on original Xbox. Saw that it was backwards compatible so I installed it onto my Xbox Series X. It gave me a free upgrade to the Xbox 360 version. Nice.

Try it out, might work on Xbox One or Xbox 360, too.

« Reply #15679 on: April 02, 2021, 12:59:54 pm »
I have GTA: San Andreas on original Xbox. Saw that it was backwards compatible so I installed it onto my Xbox Series X. It gave me a free upgrade to the Xbox 360 version. Nice.

I've heard of this. Unfortunately the upgrade itself is the crappy Xbox 360 port that's essentially a console port of the mobile version of San Andreas.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15680 on: April 02, 2021, 02:11:58 pm »

I've heard of this. Unfortunately the upgrade itself is the crappy Xbox 360 port that's essentially a console port of the mobile version of San Andreas.

Oh, dang. Oh well, not my favorite game anyways.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15681 on: April 04, 2021, 12:20:13 pm »
Happy Easter!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15682 on: April 04, 2021, 10:03:40 pm »
Happy Easter!

Thanks man!  I really appreciate that. Happy Easter to you too.

« Reply #15683 on: April 05, 2021, 12:53:21 pm »
Happy Easter!

Busy weekend has been busy so Im late to this but Happy Easter to you too.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15684 on: April 07, 2021, 12:49:56 am »
Well, it's happened. I might have COVID. All because of one of those people who act like they're good enough friends to call and ask you a favor, but they really only ever acknowledge your existence when they want something from you? He wanted me to go and give his son a ride home. Oh, and by the way the kid tested positive today (as I found out indirectly). So he had it yesterday when he was in my car.

Now I have to quarantine myself, and don't even know if I have it. Protocol is not to test for it for several days after exposure. Who knows who I could have given it to in that time that I didn't know I was exposed? Including my mom who has a compromised immune system.

I'm done with his asshole, and anyone like him in my life. I won't go along with being used just because they act like we're on good terms and somehow friends. We're not. Those kinds of people have no right to call you up and ask random favors. I've you've got someone like this in your life, I recommend do yourself a favor. Just stop answering their calls/texts. You're being taken advantage of, and really they never care at what cost to you.

covfefe2020

« Reply #15685 on: April 07, 2021, 01:59:50 am »
sucks
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

kashell

« Reply #15686 on: April 07, 2021, 07:16:55 am »
Well, it's happened. I might have COVID. All because of one of those people who act like they're good enough friends to call and ask you a favor, but they really only ever acknowledge your existence when they want something from you? He wanted me to go and give his son a ride home. Oh, and by the way the kid tested positive today (as I found out indirectly). So he had it yesterday when he was in my car.

Now I have to quarantine myself, and don't even know if I have it. Protocol is not to test for it for several days after exposure. Who knows who I could have given it to in that time that I didn't know I was exposed? Including my mom who has a compromised immune system.

I'm done with his asshole, and anyone like him in my life. I won't go along with being used just because they act like we're on good terms and somehow friends. We're not. Those kinds of people have no right to call you up and ask random favors. I've you've got someone like this in your life, I recommend do yourself a favor. Just stop answering their calls/texts. You're being taken advantage of, and really they never care at what cost to you.
This is awful. They take advantage of your kindness and they didn't think to warn you of possible exposure to COVID. Take things one day at time and as you said, wait a few days to get the nose swab. There's no harm in going into quarantine now just in case.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15687 on: April 07, 2021, 01:02:02 pm »

Oh man. Best wishes for your recovery.

covfefe2020

« Reply #15688 on: April 07, 2021, 01:39:33 pm »
How do I embed things like my game collection into my signature
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

« Reply #15689 on: April 07, 2021, 03:12:16 pm »
How do I embed things like my game collection into my signature
Code: [Select]
[url=https://www.vgcollect.com/covfefe2020][img]https://www.vgcollect.com/sig/covfefe2020.jpg[/img][/url]