Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1531477 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16065 on: January 07, 2022, 12:19:40 pm »
I think it's Ground. It's in the major hub about 40 minutes away from where I live in the city so I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll arrive today or tomorrow.

But who knows.

tpugmire

« Reply #16066 on: January 07, 2022, 10:59:10 pm »
FedEx Express is 1-3 days and travels by air, FedEx Ground is 4+ days and goes by truck. They are very different companies, despite sharing a name.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #16067 on: January 08, 2022, 01:41:07 pm »
FedEx Express is 1-3 days and travels by air, FedEx Ground is 4+ days and goes by truck. They are very different companies, despite sharing a name.

It must have been ground. Either way, it arrived this morning while I was out running errands!

All's well that ends well.

« Reply #16068 on: January 10, 2022, 11:37:23 am »
Ugh, on top of everything else in life... my HOA sent me a violation notice with a picture showing the pepper plants I've been growing in my front yard telling me to remove the weeds and mow.  It's winter, so the grass isn't tall and is kind of dead, so it's really them just complaining about my plants.

In the 6-7 years we've lived here we have never once been able to successfully get in contact with the HOA management company, we don't even have access to the pool because you need key cards to access it, but you can't get in contact with the management company to get them.

Allegedly this new TownSq app thing they claim to respond to requests, so I've tried that, and I do know that the people who do violation assessments literally just slowly drive down the street and take pictures from their car if they think you're in violation, and from the road it might look like weeds, but they are pepper plants, and they are producing peppers as well as deterring all of the wild/loose animals they don't seem to care about.

« Reply #16069 on: January 10, 2022, 12:26:03 pm »
Allegedly this new TownSq app thing they claim to respond to requests, so I've tried that, and I do know that the people who do violation assessments literally just slowly drive down the street and take pictures from their car if they think you're in violation, and from the road it might look like weeds, but they are pepper plants, and they are producing peppers as well as deterring all of the wild/loose animals they don't seem to care about.

Exact same thing happened to me last year.  I had "ovegrown weeds" that were actually a rosemary plant.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16070 on: January 10, 2022, 01:09:35 pm »
These people sound like the adult equivalent of hall monitors. Glad we don't have them.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16071 on: January 10, 2022, 02:05:27 pm »
That kind of stuff is scary to me, it's like big brother breathing down your neck over personal things they should have no business in. I don't exactly understand your property situation, but I know stuff like that can happen to private property owners in certain jurisdictions. Thankfully, not in my area which is mostly rural. People can have junk upon junk visible on their property, and nobody can do a thing about it. Which I think is just prefect; they own it, it's supposed to be a free nation so they can live how they want. Don't like it? Don't look at it. I wouldn't live in the type of community that could dictate what color my house could be, or similar shenanigans. I still want all the benefits of living in a country that actually respects my basic rights as an individual.

kashell

« Reply #16072 on: January 10, 2022, 06:39:11 pm »
We have an HOA here and something somewhat similar happened to us. They claimed that our shutters weren't the right color.

So, we've been living in this area for nine years. Nine. And out of nowhere we get an email claiming our shutters aren't the right color? Obviously, both me and my husband sent reply emails (with his being more kind - I was livid) and it turns out...

...the CIA (cunt in association) had the wrong address.

I understand that an HOA can be used to maintain property values, a certain look, etc. but geez. Shutters? They were bitching about shutters. SHUTTERS.

« Reply #16073 on: January 11, 2022, 12:09:21 pm »
They contacted us about our shutters 2 years after a storm cracked our shutters.  I had already bought replacements, i was just being lazy and they didnt seem to care

Warmsignal

« Reply #16074 on: January 11, 2022, 02:10:06 pm »
Quick question, do you guys think an Amazon Store Card registration is worth a free game? I mean, I kinda hate Amazon, they're the evil empire to me, and I have no intention to actually use such a card... but hell, free game. I believe there's no obligations behind having it, that they make apparent anyway. Worth it, or no?

« Reply #16075 on: January 11, 2022, 02:24:20 pm »
Quick question, do you guys think an Amazon Store Card registration is worth a free game? I mean, I kinda hate Amazon, they're the evil empire to me, and I have no intention to actually use such a card... but hell, free game. I believe there's no obligations behind having it, that they make apparent anyway. Worth it, or no?
What free game?

Anyway, if you shop at Amazon it's worth it for the 5% back.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16076 on: January 11, 2022, 02:28:53 pm »
What free game?

Well, I mean I was just looking at a $60 game (Ys: Monstrom Nox) and if you register for the Store Card you get an instant $60 gift card so it's like a free game.

« Reply #16077 on: January 11, 2022, 03:01:57 pm »
Well now I'm tempted to do it for that reason lol

« Reply #16078 on: January 11, 2022, 03:35:08 pm »
What free game?

Well, I mean I was just looking at a $60 game (Ys: Monstrom Nox) and if you register for the Store Card you get an instant $60 gift card so it's like a free game.
Sounds like a damned good deal, but that said, you are signing up for a store card, so credit hit for the credit check and then store cards have super high interest rates (~30%) so make sure you pay in full every month.

In general, getting store cards is great, you get perks like 5% back/off, it can help build great credit history, but always be vigilant about paying in full.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16079 on: January 11, 2022, 07:06:28 pm »
What free game?

Sounds like a damned good deal, but that said, you are signing up for a store card, so credit hit for the credit check and then store cards have super high interest rates (~30%) so make sure you pay in full every month.

In general, getting store cards is great, you get perks like 5% back/off, it can help build great credit history, but always be vigilant about paying in full.

I doubt that I would even want to ever use the card for any reason, as I'm not an Amazon shopper. Just the odd game here and there. Don't see how they could fault me for taking up the offer and then ghosting. There's no annual fee, apparently.