Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1516895 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16155 on: May 05, 2022, 01:36:06 pm »
I essentially completed my wishlist sometime ago. If I happen upon a deal for something that looks neat I'll get it but otherwise the list is empty.

« Reply #16156 on: May 05, 2022, 03:09:55 pm »
Random thought:

I started collecting retro games because it was easier on my wallet than current gaming. Now I buy more modern games (or at least digital retro offerings on modern systems) because it's easier on my wallet.
Oh yeah, since 2020 my retro purchases have been relatively few and far between.  And now I'm trying to cut back modern purchases too.  I've just got too much to play to be buying stuff in general and everything is just expensive everywhere.

Exactly the same for me.  I pick up disc based stuff on a pretty regular basis, because they can be found for $2-10 at thrift shops, etc.  Older games are pretty much out of the question unless I go looking specifically for specialty shops.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16157 on: May 06, 2022, 12:30:45 pm »
When you put it that way, I guess yeah I don't find myself picking up cartridges that much anymore, but my wish list still has several and I'm still hopeful about acquiring a good bit of those. It's just that cost and availability often prohibits it. Older disc based games, I'm still picking up regularly, and willing to pay fair prices and then some for the harder to find ones. Current releases I'm not actively following, and certainly don't throw down any launch prices these days. Most games now, if you wait 6 months to a couple years, you'll be able to snag a sealed copy for a fraction of the launch price. I don't need to have it now. So gen 5 thru 8 is mainly what I collect as of 2022.

Despite paying quite a bit more on average than I did many years ago, I'm still finding collecting to be nearly as enjoyable as ever to be honest. I employ the same strategy as always; discover some titles I've always glossed over or even a niche I'd never considered giving a chance, research it online, watch some game play, then track it down for a fair price in the best condition possible. I dunno, it still works for me. I don't know that I'll ever get tired of that process.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16158 on: May 12, 2022, 05:37:20 pm »
Playing Mega Man Legends 2 again.

I forgot how badly they tell the story. The gameplay is still fun. But they start the game with this grand mystery of a forbidden island, what's on it, and how these mysterious ancient people that appeared tie to it. But thing is, instead of unraveling the mystery as you go through the game, you instead look for keys. Then the game just dumps the rest of the story on you right at the end of the game.

It felt like there was just too much explanation all at once at the end.

« Reply #16159 on: May 13, 2022, 08:02:14 am »
Playing Mega Man Legends 2 again.

I forgot how badly they tell the story. The gameplay is still fun. But they start the game with this grand mystery of a forbidden island, what's on it, and how these mysterious ancient people that appeared tie to it. But thing is, instead of unraveling the mystery as you go through the game, you instead look for keys. Then the game just dumps the rest of the story on you right at the end of the game.

It felt like there was just too much explanation all at once at the end.
I just played through it recently too, great game, but yeah, terrible storytelling/pacing.

kashell

« Reply #16160 on: May 16, 2022, 08:34:48 am »
I was going through old emails and saw that two purchases from LRG still haven't been fulfilled. Does anyone know when Castlevania and that follow up to Gunvolt Chronicles will get released? Feels like it's been a minute.

« Reply #16161 on: May 16, 2022, 09:31:02 am »
I was going through old emails and saw that two purchases from LRG still haven't been fulfilled. Does anyone know when Castlevania and that follow up to Gunvolt Chronicles will get released? Feels like it's been a minute.

Which Castlevania?  I got my Anniversary Collection about a month and half / two months ago.

kashell

« Reply #16162 on: May 17, 2022, 08:01:06 am »

Which Castlevania?  I got my Anniversary Collection about a month and half / two months ago.

Castlevania Requiem.

« Reply #16163 on: May 17, 2022, 08:58:12 am »
It didn't get pre-orders until after the Anniversary Collection, so the time line looks roughly the same, I'd say.

telly

« Reply #16164 on: May 17, 2022, 09:06:29 am »
All of my orders from LRG have taken at minimum 5 months to come in after the pre-order closes, so I would say it'll arrive in late summer, maybe August.

Sometimes it takes even longer. The latest game I ordered from them, ZAMN + Ghoul Patrol, took about 10 months to arrive.  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #16165 on: May 17, 2022, 09:07:42 am »
Dang. That's a long time.

Oh well - not like I'm in any hurry to replay it again.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16166 on: May 18, 2022, 10:59:54 am »
I am now the Premier Solutions Operations Supervisor!

...I have never supervised a thing in my life.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16167 on: May 18, 2022, 08:04:06 pm »

Congratulations

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16168 on: May 19, 2022, 11:23:16 am »

Congratulations

Thanks!

kashell

« Reply #16169 on: June 28, 2022, 11:31:25 am »
Super excited for the Mega Man Battle Network Collection. I'll be getting that on day one. I've always wanted to try this series.