Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532259 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16230 on: September 10, 2022, 09:50:34 am »
I'm only really looking forward to a couple of games right now - God of War Ragnarok and Breath of the Wild 2.  There are some other things I've got my eye on, like GTA6 and Callusto Protocol, but it's totally fine to me.  I've got a ton of Backlog to get through and this gives me the opportunity.

aliensstudios

« Reply #16231 on: September 10, 2022, 11:13:51 am »
Today I discovered that my Nintendo Switch's screen appears to be ruined. The coloration of each corner has darkened and become yellow. Kind of like screen burn-in, except it's not. I rarely ever remove the screen from the dock because I only play using docked mode. The only thing I can conclude is that leaving it in docked mode for too long will damage the screen. I would say that, except I've had a Switch for 4 years now, mostly docked, but I played it in portable mode like 6 months ago maybe? It was fine then.
You got me worried as my Switch has been docked pretty much exclusively since launch day in 2017, having only put maybe 20 hours of handheld play into it in it's lifetime, but I pulled it out and the display still looks fine. I wonder if it has something to do with heat or if the screen panels they used simply were of poor quality. Sucks either way
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Warmsignal

« Reply #16232 on: September 10, 2022, 11:29:59 am »
Most of the things on my radar these days are smaller budget titles which have probably already been out digitally, but I only buy physical. So what's new to me, probably isn't new for most of you.

There's a few releases coming out on Switch which pique my interest this month such as DEEER Simulator, Trash Sailors, Arcade Paradise, Severed Steel, Slaycation, Bunny Park and Arioheart.

Today I discovered that my Nintendo Switch's screen appears to be ruined. The coloration of each corner has darkened and become yellow. Kind of like screen burn-in, except it's not. I rarely ever remove the screen from the dock because I only play using docked mode. The only thing I can conclude is that leaving it in docked mode for too long will damage the screen. I would say that, except I've had a Switch for 4 years now, mostly docked, but I played it in portable mode like 6 months ago maybe? It was fine then.
You got me worried as my Switch has been docked pretty much exclusively since launch day in 2017, having only put maybe 20 hours of handheld play into it in it's lifetime, but I pulled it out and the display still looks fine. I wonder if it has something to do with heat or if the screen panels they used simply were of poor quality. Sucks either way

Yeah I dunno what the hell happened to it. It almost looks like the way CRT screens would become damaged by magnetism, but in all four corners.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16233 on: September 10, 2022, 11:30:29 am »
Now that Cowabunga Collection is out I find that, aside from the new Plague Tale game coming next month, that all the games I have any excitement about have massive question marks for release dates. Instinction, Mass Effect 5, new Witcher, new Tomb Raider. Hell, I don't even know if Witcher 4 will release on PS5.

Any of you in a similar boat?

That's Resident Evil 4 Remake, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, Lies of P, and Metroid Prime 4 for me.

But I am looking forward to a few with solid release dates: God of War: Ragnarok, High on Life, Sega Genesis Mini 2, C64 Evercade Collection, the Irem Evercade Collection, and the Toaplan Evercade Collectiom.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 02:14:14 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #16234 on: September 10, 2022, 12:46:28 pm »
At this point, I'm only looking forward to the next Star Ocean. It looks fun.

« Reply #16235 on: September 13, 2022, 04:49:58 am »
At this point, I'm only looking forward to the next Star Ocean. It looks fun.

The current list of I've got preordered on amazon are
Star Ocean
Valkyrie Elysium
Diofield Chronicle
Bayonetta 3
Tactics Ogre Reborn
Crisis Core Reunion
Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime 4

« Reply #16236 on: September 14, 2022, 07:59:17 pm »
I've got a bit I'm looking forward to

God of War Ragnarok
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Like a Dragon: Ishin!
Like a Dragon: The man who gave up his name
Like a Dragon 8
Atelier Ryza 3
Resident Evil 4
Starfield
Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown
Timesplitters 4

kashell

« Reply #16237 on: September 15, 2022, 08:48:00 am »
I guess I'm looking forward to Valkyrie Elysium, too. I have it pre-ordered. I just have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be...not good.

Others I'm more hopeful for are the remasters of Fatal Frame and Kirby.

aliensstudios

« Reply #16238 on: September 18, 2022, 02:03:58 pm »
Timesplitters 4
When was this announced? That would probably be the most exciting game release for me in years

« Reply #16239 on: September 19, 2022, 08:18:28 am »
Timesplitters 4
When was this announced? That would probably be the most exciting game release for me in years
https://twitter.com/drdoak/status/1450453610840694799

It's been in the works for a good long while, but here's a tweet from Dr. Doak letting folks know they're hiring.

aliensstudios

« Reply #16240 on: September 19, 2022, 05:50:43 pm »
Timesplitters 4
https://twitter.com/drdoak/status/1450453610840694799

It's been in the works for a good long while, but here's a tweet from Dr. Doak letting folks know they're hiring.
Cool! I knew it was in development hell for some time and I thought it was canceled.

soera

« Reply #16241 on: September 19, 2022, 10:38:10 pm »
I guess I'm looking forward to Valkyrie Elysium, too. I have it pre-ordered. I just have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be...not good.

Others I'm more hopeful for are the remasters of Fatal Frame and Kirby.

The demo is available and gives a pretty good outlook of the game. I played the whole thing and enjoyed it.

kashell

« Reply #16242 on: September 20, 2022, 08:34:59 am »
I might check it out! I'm still neck deep in my replay of Wild Arms.

« Reply #16243 on: September 20, 2022, 09:43:22 am »
I might check it out! I'm still neck deep in my replay of Wild Arms.
Not that anyone should be hyping Kickstarters these days, but the Wild Arms devs have a kickstarter going on for a spiritual successor to Wild Arms.  The kickstarter also covers a spiritual successor to Shadow Hearts as well

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublekickstarter/armed-fantasia-and-penny-blood

kashell

« Reply #16244 on: September 20, 2022, 12:26:59 pm »
Yeah, I saw both of those a while ago. Zero hype.