Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517026 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16320 on: March 21, 2023, 07:32:48 am »
Am I mistaken, or is Fatal Frame Maiden of the Dark Water "free" on the Wii U eshop? I don't usually do downloadable games, but it says "free download". I heard it started off as free to try, but then you have to purchase. Same deal?

kashell

« Reply #16321 on: March 21, 2023, 10:13:14 am »
I say hit the buttons and download it to see what you get. It's a great game.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16322 on: March 21, 2023, 10:14:55 am »
As far as i know it's still the first 2-3 chapters are free. Then you need to buy the rest of the game basically as a DLC. you can honestly get the switch version cheaper

Warmsignal

« Reply #16323 on: March 21, 2023, 03:23:48 pm »
I'd rather have the better version than the cheaper version, but it does require 2/3rds of the system memory. I'm trying to consider if I actually want to go and purchase an external drive, and then spend a bunch of money on downloadable eShop games that are about to disappear forever when it closes this week.

On the flip side, I've heard there are easy software mods for the Wii U, in which you can basically have indefinite access to everything that's going away, game wise. So I'd feel kind of stupid to go on a spending spree at the last minute. Most of this stuff I don't care much about, other than Fatal Frame.

If I did download Fatal Frame and save it to system memory, can I transfer it to external memory later? I gotta have room for saves on my console.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16324 on: March 23, 2023, 10:41:21 am »
Y’all want to hear a fun fact? 

For the last 3 phones I’ve had, this forum has been the first open page in my browser. That’s been a lot of years in the #1 spot.

telly

« Reply #16325 on: March 23, 2023, 10:55:52 am »
Y’all want to hear a fun fact? 

For the last 3 phones I’ve had, this forum has been the first open page in my browser. That’s been a lot of years in the #1 spot.

I think if you were to look at my phone's browser history probably 90% is my just checking the forms  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #16326 on: March 24, 2023, 09:48:48 am »
My last few phones the homepage has been https://matchplay.events/

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16327 on: March 27, 2023, 01:11:47 pm »
I’m to that point. Collections become cumbersome. It’s time to thin the herd.
I honestly got to a point that my collection is a hassle. It’s too big. I’m putting this out there because if I say it out loud, I have to follow through with it.

Now, I just have to take that first step and sell some stuff.

kashell

« Reply #16328 on: March 27, 2023, 02:46:11 pm »
It's cathartic. The profits from the sales are nice, too.

telly

« Reply #16329 on: March 27, 2023, 03:41:31 pm »
I honestly got to a point that my collection is a hassle. It’s too big. I’m putting this out there because if I say it out loud, I have to follow through with it.

If you were planning make a post on the forums about what you're selling I might be interested in buying something!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #16330 on: March 27, 2023, 06:22:27 pm »

I saw this post and felt this to my core. I'm at the point where I would like to thin out myself as I feel the need to declutter in general. I have already started putting stuff on ebay and even sold something on reddit. The fact that I saw this post feels like a sign but also I should probably post things here to see if there is any interest from peeps here.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16331 on: March 27, 2023, 11:54:12 pm »
Panic bought some eShop titles before closure. Probably a waste, I never buy digital games and probably won't remember I bought them. Even considering how easy Wii U / 3DS jail-breaking is, the FOMO still got to me.

« Reply #16332 on: March 28, 2023, 07:45:56 am »
Boy have I been feeling that, just can't push myself to bother to actually sell stuff.  I'd probably be glad to dump like 90% of my retro collection.

kashell

« Reply #16333 on: March 28, 2023, 10:57:41 am »

I saw this post and felt this to my core. I'm at the point where I would like to thin out myself as I feel the need to declutter in general. I have already started putting stuff on ebay and even sold something on reddit. The fact that I saw this post feels like a sign but also I should probably post things here to see if there is any interest from peeps here.

I've had a lot of success selling to the fine folks on this site. I say do it!

Warmsignal

« Reply #16334 on: March 28, 2023, 01:03:16 pm »
What is this, VG Uncollect? VG Expel? We systematically make sure we don't own things, and track what we've gotten rid of?

Besides myself and mabye Wartoy, and TheFlea, I'm pretty sure no one here really likes to collect anymore.