Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517009 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16395 on: April 09, 2023, 03:21:25 pm »
I'm not, though. I dislike Trump as much as the the most left. And I dislike Biden as much as the most right. Trump is a shit-stirrer who divides, and Biden is straight incompetent. I have some things I agree with democrats on, and some things I agree with republicans on. I lean neither way.

« Reply #16396 on: April 09, 2023, 06:21:57 pm »
Alright all, it has been brought my attention that even though this has been relatively civil, the forum rules state that any political discussion is against the rules, so I'm gonna ask that we go ahead let that thread go.

I've also made an edit to a previous post that called out a specific political party.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16397 on: April 09, 2023, 09:20:55 pm »
It gets quite dull around here, though. Not that I care to continue the conversation, but if there's not some kind of controversy going on, if feel like we can go weeks without really ever conversing around here. I doesn't seem that many are interested in talking about game collecting.

Would be nice if there were some new blood around here, all gung ho to talk about getting their collection established. You see that a lot on Reddit. On VGC, we're all just old and jaded.

Right now, I'm in a very 3DS mood. Been going hard on that.

« Reply #16398 on: April 09, 2023, 10:38:19 pm »
I spent some time in my game room for the first time in years.  Neighbor was blaring tejano music and needed to hide.  I put on some noise cancelling headphones and watched some community on netflix... what did you expect Id actually play games in there?

Took me 5 minutes or so to unbarricade the doorway to get in.  Really wish the wall to wall games had a noise muffling effect.  Now I consider additionally sound proofing the room if I ever do downsize.

I could legit go on about life for paragraphs, but we did a birthday party at chuck e cheese for my kid, didnt turn out well, but not the point... they had the 2017 raw thrills TMNT game.  Ive been wanting to play that because you cant emulate it, to my knowledge.  I got to play a level and a half before we needed to leave.  Still had like an hour left on the play card but didnt get to use it.

Im absolutely considering going there next time my wife works and buying a play card to play through it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 10:42:07 pm by ignition365 »

tripredacus

« Reply #16399 on: April 17, 2023, 10:20:13 am »
Apparently a Switch game fits perfectly into my pants back pocket

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16400 on: April 17, 2023, 03:38:54 pm »
Well, it’s finally happened. The game room is packed up. I’m going through it a piece at a time deciding what to keep. It got to be too much.

I’m cutting this thing down to what something I can enjoy again. It was just too much.

In moderately rated news, the B.O.B (Big Ole Building) is gone. My podcast studio/game room made in an Amish-style barn is going on to be a tiny house for someone to rent out. I sold the whole building.

B.O.B 2.0 is in the development stages. If anyone wants to put in a bid on building a 30’x40’ building, I’m taking bids.

« Reply #16401 on: April 17, 2023, 03:58:36 pm »

I'm going to assume that you mean a Switch game in a case, because otherwise you've got the world's smallest pockets - which would still be impressive, honestly.

tripredacus

« Reply #16402 on: April 18, 2023, 09:35:36 am »

I'm going to assume that you mean a Switch game in a case, because otherwise you've got the world's smallest pockets - which would still be impressive, honestly.

Yes...  BUT I suspect that without the case, they can fit into those small pockets you find inside of jeans front pockets.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16403 on: April 21, 2023, 01:51:50 pm »
You know what really super sucks about Reddit compared to forums? The mods. It has so much potential because it's so popular and everyone goes there, but it's so hard to post on Reddit. Like half the time when I post something, my topic is deleted before anyone gets the chance to read it. Sometimes it's deleted by a mod, sometimes it's just deleted by a bot that's made to just constantly delete posts. Sometimes it's because I didn't add the right "tag", sometimes I included a banned word, or I missed one of the 25 rules for that sub Reddit.  ::)

It's hard to get past the gate-keepers of Reddit. It's way over-modded, and unpopular opinions are dog-piled into oblivion as well. Sometimes an older topics will get deleted at random. It's such an over-modded mess, that it'll never be the good source for reliable information that I wants to be. People take their privileges and their arbitrary rule books WAY to seriously on Reddit.

I miss the days of poorly managed, troll infested websites like Yahoo Answers. You could find a category, ask a question and have a shot at actually getting a relevant answer if it caught the attention of an actual adult using the site. With Reddit you only get scolded for asking a question. The only thing most sub Reddit communities want to see posted is fap material, relevant to whatever their subject matter is.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 02:52:36 pm by Warmsignal »

tripredacus

« Reply #16404 on: April 21, 2023, 04:59:11 pm »
There is a huge amount of duplicate posts on Reddit, it really isn't designed for those types of topics. Like I don't think you can marge threads easily and use them like they are on forums.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16405 on: April 21, 2023, 08:35:27 pm »
I'd be compelled to discover a Reddit alternative, although such a thing probably doesn't exist. The Internet is becoming a more and more tightly compacted place, as far as platforms are concerned. Everyone flocks to the same websites and never considers an alternative. How many times have people threatened to boycott YouTube, and still none of it's potential rivals have ever become a drop in in the bucket to YouTube's market share.

sworddude

« Reply #16406 on: April 22, 2023, 05:54:35 pm »
You know what really super sucks about Reddit compared to forums? The mods. It has so much potential because it's so popular and everyone goes there, but it's so hard to post on Reddit. Like half the time when I post something, my topic is deleted before anyone gets the chance to read it. Sometimes it's deleted by a mod, sometimes it's just deleted by a bot that's made to just constantly delete posts. Sometimes it's because I didn't add the right "tag", sometimes I included a banned word, or I missed one of the 25 rules for that sub Reddit.  ::)

It's hard to get past the gate-keepers of Reddit. It's way over-modded, and unpopular opinions are dog-piled into oblivion as well. Sometimes an older topics will get deleted at random. It's such an over-modded mess, that it'll never be the good source for reliable information that I wants to be. People take their privileges and their arbitrary rule books WAY to seriously on Reddit.

I miss the days of poorly managed, troll infested websites like Yahoo Answers. You could find a category, ask a question and have a shot at actually getting a relevant answer if it caught the attention of an actual adult using the site. With Reddit you only get scolded for asking a question. The only thing most sub Reddit communities want to see posted is fap material, relevant to whatever their subject matter is.

power tripping kinda a thing there ye.

It gets quite dull around here, though. Not that I care to continue the conversation, but if there's not some kind of controversy going on, if feel like we can go weeks without really ever conversing around here. I doesn't seem that many are interested in talking about game collecting.

Would be nice if there were some new blood around here, all gung ho to talk about getting their collection established. You see that a lot on Reddit. On VGC, we're all just old and jaded.

Right now, I'm in a very 3DS mood. Been going hard on that.

Quite some folks here moved on to either just slow down on collecting or modern collecting.

Modern gen collecting hits different I'd say. especially with all them specificly made limited releases and or digital being more of a thing.

It ain't as organic as retro collecting I'd say.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

Warmsignal

« Reply #16407 on: April 23, 2023, 08:07:50 pm »
Does anyone here posses the esoteric nerd skill to decrypt video game titles like "void* tRrLM2(); //Void Terrarium". What is that? Did someone just smash their face into the keyboard when they named the game? I notice a lot of these are niche games from Japan. I'd just like to know what the eff that's supposed to mean, as a name?

« Reply #16408 on: April 24, 2023, 09:53:45 am »
I'm not sure why per se, but the game is referred to as void terrarium, I think the main character technically being a robot, so it's supposed to be like a "programming" version of void terrarium.

Additionally htol#NIQ is a translation thing, in japan the game is called Hotaru no Nikki, thus htol#NIQ I guess.  It's generally NIS being weird when localizing games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16409 on: May 25, 2023, 05:24:55 pm »
Brand-spanking new Facebook group!

Want to buy cheap comics? Want to get rid of cheap comics? This is the place to do it!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/544954710942156/