Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671313 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1710 on: March 02, 2014, 02:46:46 pm »
You suck!!!! heh congrats.

My wish list is all of 3 items. Buster Douglas SMS, Magic knight Rayearth Saturn, and the DQ Battle road victory controller. Everything else I dont have and want really isnt all that important to me.

foxhack

« Reply #1711 on: March 02, 2014, 03:21:18 pm »
Congrats on the win, scott. And hey, now you can play the game on your new PC. Great timing. :)

*begins to compile a huge tradelist of doom for his upcoming project

anruiukimi

« Reply #1712 on: March 02, 2014, 04:54:50 pm »
You suck!!!! heh congrats.

My wish list is all of 3 items. Buster Douglas SMS, Magic knight Rayearth Saturn, and the DQ Battle road victory controller. Everything else I dont have and want really isnt all that important to me.

We're working on the last one :P She'll be heading back to Japan next week, so hopefully we'll have more accurate numbers by the end of the week :)

soera

« Reply #1713 on: March 02, 2014, 05:18:10 pm »
Im so excited. :D

anruiukimi

« Reply #1714 on: March 02, 2014, 06:16:39 pm »

I never noticed. :P

Okay, my gripes of today:

I bought a CIB DWMII - Cobi's Adventure on ebay, supposedly shipped last Tuesday (and was estimated to show by Sat,) but the tracking has never left "Electronic Info Received" and  grrrrr. I'll give it until Monday then contact the guy.  EDIT: I lied. I went ahead and shot him a message. I guess we will see how it goes.

Not-so-gaming gripe: I sold my 99% new 3Doodler on Ebay, got a good price on it...only to get an email from the guy after the auction saying in somewhat broken English that the "shipping was included in the price, yes?" And no, it was not. Especially for a package I have to ship from the US to Israel. Like usual ebay, it states clearly near the top the shipping cost. I've not gotten a response since. Sigh.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:19:22 pm by anruiukimi »

foxhack

« Reply #1715 on: March 02, 2014, 06:35:20 pm »

I bought a CIB DWMII - Cobi's Adventure on ebay, supposedly shipped last Tuesday (and was estimated to show by Sat,) but the tracking has never left "Electronic Info Received" and  grrrrr. I'll give it until Monday then contact the guy.  EDIT: I lied. I went ahead and shot him a message. I guess we will see how it goes.

Not-so-gaming gripe: I sold my 99% new 3Doodler on Ebay, got a good price on it...only to get an email from the guy after the auction saying in somewhat broken English that the "shipping was included in the price, yes?" And no, it was not. Especially for a package I have to ship from the US to Israel. Like usual ebay, it states clearly near the top the shipping cost. I've not gotten a response since. Sigh.

And that's why I don't ship anything outside of the US. How long ago did this sell? You can file an item not paid dispute after four days and get your fees back.

anruiukimi

« Reply #1716 on: March 02, 2014, 06:43:02 pm »

And that's why I don't ship anything outside of the US. How long ago did this sell? You can file an item not paid dispute after four days and get your fees back.

Eh, it just ended last night, so I'm just being impatient. I've shipped all over the world over the years, so I've seen all sorts of hijinks, but the timing was bad, because I was going to use the funds to pay for something I just bought from a NA member, but no big. That's what credit cards are for. :P

Consider I buy things internationally on a regular basis (usually from Japan) I would feel hypocritical if I didn't ship internationally...especially because you can buy even 1st class international on the USPS website now. :D

foxhack

« Reply #1717 on: March 02, 2014, 06:49:39 pm »

Eh, it just ended last night, so I'm just being impatient. I've shipped all over the world over the years, so I've seen all sorts of hijinks, but the timing was bad, because I was going to use the funds to pay for something I just bought from a NA member, but no big. That's what credit cards are for. :P

Consider I buy things internationally on a regular basis (usually from Japan) I would feel hypocritical if I didn't ship internationally...especially because you can buy even 1st class international on the USPS website now. :D

1st class has no tracking. If the guy tries to scam you by saying it never got there, you lose the shipping costs AND the money he "paid".

It's not worth the risk.

anruiukimi

« Reply #1718 on: March 02, 2014, 06:51:04 pm »

1st class has no tracking. If the guy tries to scam you by saying it never got there, you lose the shipping costs AND the money he "paid".

It's not worth the risk.

Right, in this case, I may require him to get EMS. Blah, I hate scammers. Not been caught once, but today's not a good day to start.

anruiukimi

« Reply #1719 on: March 03, 2014, 02:11:58 am »
Well, he paid me for 1st Class International. I think I'm going to sacrifice $20ish and upgrade it to EMS on my own for my own protection. Not the first time I've done that.

The guy I bought DWMII: Cobi from got back to me saying that the package had been returned to him as "improperly shipped." That's a first, but as I'm hardly in a hurry, I'm willing to wait some more. As long as it shows up in the next week or so in the condition he claims it is in, I'm good.

Guess it's just one of those days. :P

foxhack

« Reply #1720 on: March 03, 2014, 04:30:56 pm »
Uuuuuuuuuugh.

I got a really good offer for my PS1 RPG collection.

Except the buyer just registered yesterday and that's making me super anxious...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1721 on: March 03, 2014, 05:00:53 pm »
Uuuuuuuuuugh.

Except the buyer just registered yesterday and that's making me super anxious...

So, what are you going to do?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #1722 on: March 03, 2014, 05:07:10 pm »
Uuuuuuuuuugh.

Ignore the offer.

If it was someone with an established feedback rating and more than one day on eBay then I'd consider it.

argyle

« Reply #1723 on: March 03, 2014, 05:15:48 pm »

Same here - I hate that ebay checks that option by default, I always have to remember to un-check it.

I typically have really good experiences both buying & selling on ebay *knock on wood* but I did have a bad buyer experience the first of the year.  I was buying a poster for Radiata Stories.  Did a buy it now & paid immediately.  Over a week went by & there was no movement so I contacted the guy.  He replied right before the date that I would be able to cancel the order & said that he had been out of town and that there was a problem with the vacation option on ebay since he had never used it before.  Ok, fair enough, it WAS around Christmas so I'm good with that.  He even says he's going to throw in "something extra" for the trouble, which isn't necessary but is nice so fine.  But then it takes him another week after that to actually ship.  Worst part, the poster arrives rolled in a box, not a poster tube, along w/ a promotional thing from Square-Enix around the time of FFXII's release and a promo soundtrack for Phantasy Star Universe.  The box, in transit, had gotten mashed in the middle - not a lot, probably something was sat on it, but it was enough to press down on the rolled poster & dent it, so that when it was unrolled it had an ugly white crease right down the middle of it.  :(

He gave me a full refund, but I was upset because I wanted that poster and it was the only one I've seen listed for sale.  The extra stuff I honestly didn't even care about, and if he put everything in a box instead of a tube because of that then that's even more upsetting.  I decided not to leave the guy any feedback at all, good or bad, since he did refund me - but I was not happy about it. 

EDIT:  Oh, you have to be kidding me!  I just did a search and the same guy has the same poster listed for sale again, even tho he told me the one I bought was the last one.  And he's asking even more for it now.  Man, I kinda wish I *had* left him a negative now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radiata-Stories-Preorder-Promo-Poster-28-x-22-PlayStation-2-PS2-RPG-COMPLETE-/321325418274?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad07cc722
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:20:47 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #1724 on: March 03, 2014, 05:28:25 pm »
Uuuuuuuuuugh.

Ignore the offer.

If it was someone with an established feedback rating and more than one day on eBay then I'd consider it.

Since you are the seller, all you should have to do is make sure he pays and you cover your ass on shipping.