Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1531976 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3150 on: August 11, 2014, 12:13:41 pm »
I've received shipping confirmation for both the CCS LE (1,750 minutes; seriously?!) & the Disgaea 4 Vita LE.

...AND received both in today's mail  ;D

A little later than expected for one & a little earlier than expected for the other; works for me  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #3151 on: August 11, 2014, 07:27:46 pm »
No no no no no no.

Not Robin Williams.  :'(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #3152 on: August 11, 2014, 07:29:04 pm »
Apparent suicide, too.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-robin-williams-dies-20140811-story.html

He was beamed up to his spaceship and left for his home planet.

(This is a Mork and Mindy reference. Sorta.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:30:58 pm by foxhack »

scott

« Reply #3153 on: August 11, 2014, 07:32:27 pm »
Gah. Seriously?

Man I haven't been this sad about an actor dying, since John Candy.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #3154 on: August 11, 2014, 09:17:45 pm »
It is really sad to hear he died, especially by suicide.  Williams was very funny and will definitely be missed. :(
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3155 on: August 11, 2014, 11:11:30 pm »
The worst part about it is depression murdered another person.  If anyone here ever needs someone to talk to PM me.  I'll give you my phone number.  Taking your own life is never the answer.

kashell

« Reply #3156 on: August 12, 2014, 06:11:20 pm »
The worst part about it is depression murdered another person.  If anyone here ever needs someone to talk to PM me.  I'll give you my phone number.  Taking your own life is never the answer.

This. This so much. I'm not a doctor or and I've never been (thankfully) clinically depressed. But, I know that suicide is not the answer.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3157 on: August 13, 2014, 09:13:10 am »
I've said it before, but it's worth repeating:

Suicide is ALWAYS a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I wouldn't have to try very hard to find a shitload of excuses (not *reasons*) to fall into despair, depression, and feeling sorry for myself...I've had plenty things happen in my life that (temporarily) literally *Broke* me.

It never fails to surprise me that, in spite of how relatively fragile we are as humans, that so much can also endured by us.

I can (and often do) now laugh at things that have broken me...and thank those that have helped to 'fix' me.

"broken", "shattered", and "hopeless" are all temporary and fix-able; where there's breath - there's hope and when there's not - there's none.

If Turf's line is busy, talk to me   8)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3158 on: August 13, 2014, 12:04:26 pm »
People do strange things. And not everyone handles it the same. Some are just 'stronger' to resist it. Others take it harder.

This week a guy drove his car in the canal close to where i live. He had 2 kids of 2 and 4 with him. The car floated for a little while so some guys jumped in the water to get them out. He was waving them to go away. So when the came close and tryed to open the door he locked them from the inside. Finally 1 guy got a door open, he didnt know how or why, and tryed to grap a kid. But the car was already sinking and the kids was in a kidseat with a safety belt, witch he couldt get loss and lack of air he had to let go. The canal is 5 meters deep.

When the divers cam they got the kids out, and luckely they are still alive. The guy is dead.

Why would someone do something like this?

argyle

« Reply #3159 on: August 13, 2014, 02:11:37 pm »
I don't have depression (thankfully) but I've dealt with people who have, and I can say this - there is no rhyme or reason for it.  It hits, it hits hard, and depending on the severity there may be no talking someone through it.  There are answers, and one shouldn't be too proud to turn to a doctor and medication if necessary because it is NOT a weakness, it's an illness.  But I just wanted to throw that out there because people like to have reasons for things, we like to understand why people do what they do.  And sometimes there just are no reasons.  :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3160 on: August 13, 2014, 09:50:34 pm »
I don't have depression (thankfully) but I've dealt with people who have, and I can say this - there is no rhyme or reason for it.  It hits, it hits hard, and depending on the severity there may be no talking someone through it.  There are answers, and one shouldn't be too proud to turn to a doctor and medication if necessary because it is NOT a weakness, it's an illness.  But I just wanted to throw that out there because people like to have reasons for things, we like to understand why people do what they do.  And sometimes there just are no reasons.  :(

I wish more people realized this. No one ever tells someone with cancer to cheer up or get over it. Depression is real. It happens to some people for no reason at all. They just want to crawl in a hole. They don't enjoy even they're favorite things.  It's a real problem.

90snostalga

« Reply #3161 on: August 15, 2014, 04:31:11 am »
I have tried not to comment on the depression thing but I think  I will now. I am 27 years old and from my teen years through early adult, I took numerous anti psychotics, depression and bipolar meds, was in 2 mental facilities,  od once as a teen, countless therapy and counselors all until I was about 19. I have extreme depression randomly all the time. I have exercises I do and I'm good now for the most part but it was so bad back then that I was always on watch. I still get those very low points every hear and there but I recover more quickly than I used to.

Let me tell you my point of view. When I od befire and survived, God told me too. I used to literally hear voices thst would tell me to do things. I've always felt like I don't belong on this earth. At any family gathering,  I pretend I'm happy and smile when I hate being around all them.  Its like a demon stuck inside my mind. I love researching history, the bible, the Koran,  space , etc. That I used to learn basic  Hebrew to tall to my voices. I love certain music I can relate too. Like Nirvana, jimi Hendrix because I feel like I know thwre mental struggle.

Anyways,  I started seeking counceling again and am trying. Whn robin Williams died my mom called me to ask if I was okay and to promise her I would never kill myself. I simply told her thw truth which at this particular time in life, I know I'm not gping to do it but I cannot promise I never will because I know my mind.

The reason I started therapy as a teen was bc my mom found a diary in my room which had suicidal poetry, poetry about the government and how I'm always watched by demons and personal plots on how to kill myself and they found a journal where I wrote about my obsession with assinations and the ones who we 're killed and killed. My obsession with john lennon and lee oswald to name a few I guess scared her and I was off to mental hospital at 14 years old. Part of my problem was the abuse by my stwp father who made sure I came to school with black eyes a few times. My mom didn't do anything about that but said I had to go.  Back to the point, I am very proud of myself now because compared to then I'm doing amazing. Video games has helped Me find a way out and I enjoy them. I actually find happiness with games and this site. I have been goig to skin doctor to get this big ugly object removed and hope its not skin cancer. After that, my girl already has my bags packed and I got to go and stsrt a new life.

Basically we feel out of touch with this world and I am more stuck in the spiritual realm of life. I am okay now but ur peayers are welcome as I still slip sometimes and don't know why.  Thanks for listening.  I been working on not peetending anymo err e and your comments about suicide , I just couldn't give in and had to say all this bc It actually felt okay.

Good day you guys
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 04:33:28 am by 90snostalga »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3162 on: August 15, 2014, 07:56:51 am »
I have tried not to comment on the depression thing but I think  I will now. I am 27 years old and from my teen years through early adult, I took numerous anti psychotics, depression and bipolar meds, was in 2 mental facilities,  od once as a teen, countless therapy and counselors all until I was about 19. I have extreme depression randomly all the time. I have exercises I do and I'm good now for the most part but it was so bad back then that I was always on watch. I still get those very low points every hear and there but I recover more quickly than I used to.

Let me tell you my point of view. When I od befire and survived, God told me too. I used to literally hear voices thst would tell me to do things. I've always felt like I don't belong on this earth. At any family gathering,  I pretend I'm happy and smile when I hate being around all them.  Its like a demon stuck inside my mind. I love researching history, the bible, the Koran,  space , etc. That I used to learn basic  Hebrew to tall to my voices. I love certain music I can relate too. Like Nirvana, jimi Hendrix because I feel like I know thwre mental struggle.

Anyways,  I started seeking counceling again and am trying. Whn robin Williams died my mom called me to ask if I was okay and to promise her I would never kill myself. I simply told her thw truth which at this particular time in life, I know I'm not gping to do it but I cannot promise I never will because I know my mind.

The reason I started therapy as a teen was bc my mom found a diary in my room which had suicidal poetry, poetry about the government and how I'm always watched by demons and personal plots on how to kill myself and they found a journal where I wrote about my obsession with assinations and the ones who we 're killed and killed. My obsession with john lennon and lee oswald to name a few I guess scared her and I was off to mental hospital at 14 years old. Part of my problem was the abuse by my stwp father who made sure I came to school with black eyes a few times. My mom didn't do anything about that but said I had to go.  Back to the point, I am very proud of myself now because compared to then I'm doing amazing. Video games has helped Me find a way out and I enjoy them. I actually find happiness with games and this site. I have been goig to skin doctor to get this big ugly object removed and hope its not skin cancer. After that, my girl already has my bags packed and I got to go and stsrt a new life.

Basically we feel out of touch with this world and I am more stuck in the spiritual realm of life. I am okay now but ur peayers are welcome as I still slip sometimes and don't know why.  Thanks for listening.  I been working on not peetending anymo err e and your comments about suicide , I just couldn't give in and had to say all this bc It actually felt okay.

Good day you guys

Thanks for your openness & honesty.

Pain shared is pain lessened - secrets thrive in the dark & die and are diminished in the light of exposure.

I think that the amount of trust, honesty, & willingness to be so openly honest here is yet another testament to how awesome this community really is...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3163 on: August 15, 2014, 11:31:49 am »
Just finished / got the platinum for Atelier Escha & Logy - My least favorite Atelier game -but- the easiest platinum, by far...

...Getting ready to start Rorona +

htimreimer

« Reply #3164 on: August 15, 2014, 03:50:19 pm »