Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1582689 times)

pacpix

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4455 on: November 12, 2014, 12:17:49 am »

That would be fantastic. I'm still waiting for someone to make a similar console that plays Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, and 8-Bit Computer stuff.  Hell, maybe throw in Jaguar games too.
I would love to get a console like this.  Plus Hyperkin probably cannot make a controller worse than the 5200 so at least we would finally have a working 3rd party controller  :P (To be fair I have not actually played a 5200, but the size and controllers are the main reason I have not purchased one)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #4456 on: November 12, 2014, 12:37:38 am »
We've had several different variants of the Retron as well as several other companies making clones of them. But never a CD-ROM based one. Why not? Someone should have made something like this, by now. A system that can play old CD-ROM based console games. PS1, Sega CD, Saturn, 3DO, Turbo-CD, etc.

It would be especially useful for the Sega CD, 3DO, and Turbo-CD stuff as it's getting more and more difficult to find working original units for a decent price.

Do you realize how incredibly awesome this would be? Call it the Segamestation(tm). I would own a few of them.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4457 on: November 12, 2014, 04:43:58 am »
We've had several different variants of the Retron as well as several other companies making clones of them. But never a CD-ROM based one. Why not? Someone should have made something like this, by now. A system that can play old CD-ROM based console games. PS1, Sega CD, Saturn, 3DO, Turbo-CD, etc.

It would be especially useful for the Sega CD, 3DO, and Turbo-CD stuff as it's getting more and more difficult to find working original units for a decent price.

Do you realize how incredibly awesome this would be? Call it the Segamestation(tm). I would own a few of them.
Drop the ps1, because you can play on your ps2 and add Jaguar Cd,CD-I and Amiga CD 32 playability then im in ^^
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4458 on: November 12, 2014, 08:08:24 am »
yep, ps2's & ps3's All play ps1 games + some ps3's will also play ps2 games.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #4459 on: November 12, 2014, 08:12:53 am »
Tales of Hearts is impressive. It makes my <3 happy, if you will. I will post impressions later because I'm sure you ALL are interested in reading them. ^_~

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4460 on: November 12, 2014, 09:22:44 am »
Tales of Hearts is impressive. It makes my <3 happy, if you will. I will post impressions later because I'm sure you ALL are interested in reading them. ^_~

Looking forward to both your impressions

--AND--

the inevitable/wait - that's not it, the...

oh dear, that is the...erm, *unavoidable*; shit  :-[

I'll get it right! That is to say...

the much anticipated review!   ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4461 on: November 12, 2014, 12:13:14 pm »

Drop the ps1, because you can play on your ps2 and add Jaguar Cd,CD-I and Amiga CD 32 playability then im in ^^

Why drop PS1, though? It's CD-ROM as well, and there's a ton of great games on it. And many people don't like owning multiple consoles which is kind of the point of Retron system.

soera

« Reply #4462 on: November 12, 2014, 02:09:46 pm »

I would never drop the ps1/2 option. I bet the number of people that own Jaguars, CD-I and Amiga CD combined isnt even 5% of the people that own a PS1 alone. To have a single system to play all the Sega/Sony/Microshaft/Turbo Duo disks is a dream come true.

kashell

« Reply #4463 on: November 12, 2014, 02:12:03 pm »
Alrighty, Tales of Hearts impressions.

1. The game is gorgeous. The Vita does not mess around when it comes to pretty graphics.

2. The Japanese language and English subtitles are a bit off. While they're not wrong per se, they aren't as accurate for someone like myself who understands parts of the language.

3. Combat is fast, fun and fantastic. There is more emphasis on aerial combat and many of the skills can be used in the air. Also, you can chase enemies after you knock them in the air, then slam then down and give more chase. It's insanely fast and I already racked up a 70 hit combo on a foolish boss.

4. The characters are awesome so far. The story takes a dark turn from the get go. That said, there is tons of humor. The chemistry between the folks promises to give a well-rounded cast and I have only met half of them so far. Kor is like a mixture between the good features of Lloyd and Stahn. Hisui is a real tough-talker, but I'm sure he's a big softy. Gall reminds me a bit of Rowen mixed with a bit of Loni. Beryl is going to be one of my mains alongside Kor. She is part magic girl, part painter and is a combo machine.

5. Lots of anime scenes! The Tales series needs more of these.

I have about 13 hours of game time and I'm really excited to keep going. I'm going through withdrawals as I wait for the work day to end.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4464 on: November 12, 2014, 03:53:39 pm »
I just cleared stage #15 in Tears to Tiara 2 (which, going by the total # of stages being 45), should put me ~1/3 of the way through the story.

So far, one of the best stories + some of the very best protagonists & characters; along w/ a very pleasantly unexpected funny, sometimes hilarious sense of humor = one of those games that you get, knowing that you're going to *like* it...only to be caught off guard, and to find yourself falling in *love* with it more & more as you play through it!  ;D

kashell

« Reply #4465 on: November 12, 2014, 04:13:19 pm »
I just cleared stage #15 in Tears to Tiara 2 (which, going by the total # of stages being 45), should put me ~1/3 of the way through the story.

So far, one of the best stories + some of the very best protagonists & characters; along w/ a very pleasantly unexpected funny, sometimes hilarious sense of humor = one of those games that you get, knowing that you're going to *like* it...only to be caught off guard, and to find yourself falling in *love* with it more & more as you play through it!  ;D

Makes the quest for platinum that much easier.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4466 on: November 12, 2014, 05:11:10 pm »

You're right!

I'm becoming more inclined to do so instead of less, the further I go  ;D

We'll see, though...it really depends on what kind of shape I'm in & what's still needed at the end of my 1st playthrough.

What's the Tales of Heats trophy list & platinum looking like?

kashell

« Reply #4467 on: November 12, 2014, 05:36:04 pm »

You're right!

I'm becoming more inclined to do so instead of less, the further I go  ;D

We'll see, though...it really depends on what kind of shape I'm in & what's still needed at the end of my 1st playthrough.

What's the Tales of Heats trophy list & platinum looking like?

Applekraut wrote a guide that suggested two plays. The first would be just to beat the game and earn some GRADE. The second would be doing all of the heavier stuff with 5X Experience in order to make things easier. I'm excited to do it all in Hearts.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4468 on: November 12, 2014, 05:40:50 pm »
Has anyone here played Deception IV: Blood Ties (on either the PS3 or the Vita) at all?

I've had it for awhile now, and have heard very little (good or bad) about it...

foxhack

« Reply #4469 on: November 12, 2014, 06:53:33 pm »
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack and nobody cares.