Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1530900 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7695 on: July 28, 2015, 02:21:42 pm »
Man, I want a real Game & Watch, any one of them.

kashell

« Reply #7696 on: July 28, 2015, 02:49:52 pm »
It's hard to believe that Bugs Bunny is 75 years old. Most of the Loony Tunes/Merrie Melodies continue to make me laugh and put in a good mood. That's true staying power.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7697 on: July 28, 2015, 05:09:51 pm »

I know a guy... 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7698 on: July 28, 2015, 06:38:20 pm »

I know a guy...

Psh, I don't have any spending money. I just had a kid and we've been looking at houses.

I've been doing a whole lot of trading and eBay selling to fund my collecting habit, what little I can get with that.

foxhack

« Reply #7699 on: July 28, 2015, 06:47:14 pm »
Im going tomorrow.

My step son went last night and said it was one of the best movies he's ever seen. I never judge anything on the account of haters (specifically Adam Sandler haters for this movie).

So, I'm back.

It would be a much, much better movie if they released a director's cut, replacing Adam Sandler with someone else. Sandler absolutely destroyed some decent jokes. He also had "funny" dialogue in places that didn't need it. Gad's character ("Wonder Boy") was made unnecessarily disturbing. Both had some really good jokes and story sequences in the movie, but for the most part, they just didn't do a good job. Kevin James is a typical Kevin James character - not really offensive, just... Kevin James. He says stupid stuff, people laugh at him.

And Q-Bert. Poor, poor Q-Bert. :(

The special effects and action sequences were well done (except at the end, at least when it comes to real actors.) Bonus cameos by a lot of people, including a bunch I didn't expect at all. And Peter Dinklage absolutely hammed it up on the screen, you can tell he enjoyed THE HELL out of this gig.

It's an average movie that could've been better if someone had written Sandler and Gad's characters as less horrible people. You're supposed to feel sorry for them, but then they do stuff and uuuuuuuuuugh no.

There, non spoilery thoughts done.

Oh wait. The very last scene of the movie? Really came out of nowhere and felt really unnecessary. Among other things. :(

I would recommend a single watch, but not in a theater. It feels more like a rental.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:53:20 pm by foxhack »

kashell

« Reply #7700 on: July 29, 2015, 04:07:27 pm »
Question for everyone: what do you do when you get a song in your head that just refuses to leave? I've tried listening to other songs, listening to sound effects, listening to documentaries, and it just refuses to leave.

I mean, the song is catchy as hell, but I'm ready to have it leave. XD

karyann

« Reply #7701 on: July 29, 2015, 05:06:35 pm »
Question for everyone: what do you do when you get a song in your head that just refuses to leave? I've tried listening to other songs, listening to sound effects, listening to documentaries, and it just refuses to leave.

Sometimes listening to the song itself provides me a "closure" of some sort and allows me to finally find peace :P

kashell

« Reply #7702 on: July 29, 2015, 05:23:41 pm »

Sometimes listening to the song itself provides me a "closure" of some sort and allows me to finally find peace :P

That's how I got into that mess in the first place, but it's definitely worth a shot. ^^ Thanks for the tip!

karyann

« Reply #7703 on: July 29, 2015, 06:48:58 pm »
barely, my brother.

barely :-\

Long time no see! How is life?

telly

« Reply #7704 on: July 29, 2015, 07:41:03 pm »

There's a website that will replace a catchy song in your head with another catchy song... Which I guess is supposed to help? xD It's called unhearit.com

When did you become an admin?! :) I must have missed something haha
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:46:28 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #7705 on: July 29, 2015, 08:09:30 pm »
Congrats to the new admin. :)

I listen to something even catchier that I don't mind having stuck in my head.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7706 on: July 29, 2015, 10:17:41 pm »
Im going tomorrow.

My step son went last night and said it was one of the best movies he's ever seen. I never judge anything on the account of haters (specifically Adam Sandler haters for this movie).

So, I'm back.

It would be a much, much better movie if they released a director's cut, replacing Adam Sandler with someone else. Sandler absolutely destroyed some decent jokes. He also had "funny" dialogue in places that didn't need it. Gad's character ("Wonder Boy") was made unnecessarily disturbing. Both had some really good jokes and story sequences in the movie, but for the most part, they just didn't do a good job. Kevin James is a typical Kevin James character - not really offensive, just... Kevin James. He says stupid stuff, people laugh at him.

And Q-Bert. Poor, poor Q-Bert. :(

The special effects and action sequences were well done (except at the end, at least when it comes to real actors.) Bonus cameos by a lot of people, including a bunch I didn't expect at all. And Peter Dinklage absolutely hammed it up on the screen, you can tell he enjoyed THE HELL out of this gig.

It's an average movie that could've been better if someone had written Sandler and Gad's characters as less horrible people. You're supposed to feel sorry for them, but then they do stuff and uuuuuuuuuugh no.

There, non spoilery thoughts done.

Oh wait. The very last scene of the movie? Really came out of nowhere and felt really unnecessary. Among other things. :(

I would recommend a single watch, but not in a theater. It feels more like a rental.

I don't like Sandler, so when I found out he was in it, my fears were it was gonna blow. Thank for the write up!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #7707 on: July 30, 2015, 06:50:21 am »

Mere minutes before you posted this haha :)  thanks! I'll definitely do my best to help maintain and improve the website!

bobster

« Reply #7708 on: July 30, 2015, 07:16:24 am »

Mere minutes before you posted this haha :)  thanks! I'll definitely do my best to help maintain and improve the website!
Yayyyy congrats Karyann!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #7709 on: July 30, 2015, 08:12:06 am »

Congratulations on your new gig as admin! You go girl!

EDIT: The song is out of my head, btw. XD
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:39:46 am by kashell »