Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1516889 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8010 on: August 30, 2015, 05:33:49 pm »
I want to buy Metal Gear Solid V but don't have nearly enough cash to do so. ;_;

Fallout 4 and Mario Maker are pretty much the last (new) games ill be buying for the rest of the year and part of next year.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

telly

« Reply #8011 on: August 30, 2015, 07:15:31 pm »
So, I just finished moving in to my new apartment, and it turns out my roommate has some SNES games!
He has:

Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy III
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Super Metroid
Link to the Past

And a couple others :o Needles to say I was rather surprised. I have no idea how hard I should bug him to let me play his stuff or not haha
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:35:29 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #8012 on: August 30, 2015, 09:04:42 pm »
A new Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA was announced (for Japan)!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS4 and PS Vita versions this time. No more PS3.

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-announced-ps4-ps-vita
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #8013 on: August 31, 2015, 08:28:04 am »
So, I just finished moving in to my new apartment, and it turns out my roommate has some SNES games!
He has:

Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy III
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Super Metroid
Link to the Past

And a couple others :o Needles to say I was rather surprised. I have no idea how hard I should bug him to let me play his stuff or not haha

Hard. You will bug him harder than a [this analogy has been removed due to everyone's delicate sensibilities] in order to play Secret of Mana. Most of the other games in that list are lovely, but I think Secret of Mana eclipses them.

soera

« Reply #8014 on: August 31, 2015, 09:00:27 am »
He has:

Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy III
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Super Metroid
Link to the Past

Hard. You will bug him harder than a [this analogy has been removed due to everyone's delicate sensibilities] in order to play Secret of Mana. Most of the other games in that list are lovely, but I think Secret of Mana eclipses them.

Im not delicate, I want to hear the analogy  8)

I will have to disagree with your assessment however. Other than Earthbound, every game on that list surpasses Mana!

kashell

« Reply #8015 on: August 31, 2015, 09:32:05 am »

I will have to disagree with your assessment however. Other than Earthbound, every game on that list surpasses Mana!

XD I'm a gentleman. I would never tarnish that "reputation."

I'm not surprised you feel that way about Mana, though. I mean, you adore Bravely Default and NNK. ^.~

telly

« Reply #8016 on: August 31, 2015, 10:23:37 am »
I really want to play Secret of Mana first, but Earthbound is so expensive, who knows when I'd get a copy to play for myself!  :'( Granted, SoM isn't exactly cheap either...

I've already played Chrono Trigger, FFIII and LttP
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8017 on: August 31, 2015, 10:35:10 am »
He has:

Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy III
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Super Metroid
Link to the Past

Every game on that list is grade-A excellent. SNES is such an amazing system. But that said, I agree.

kashell

« Reply #8018 on: August 31, 2015, 10:51:53 am »
Eh. No one is perfect. ^o^

I'm actually really biased because a crap-ton of my favorite childhood gaming memories revolve around Secret of Mana.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8019 on: August 31, 2015, 11:00:04 am »
I really want to play Secret of Mana first, but Earthbound is so expensive, who knows when I'd get a copy to play for myself!  :'( Granted, SoM isn't exactly cheap either...

I've decided at this point I'm gonna cheat and buy Earthbound Uncut. It's so much more affordable, plus you get the game more in the form that it should have been.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8020 on: August 31, 2015, 11:21:11 am »

I've decided at this point I'm gonna cheat and buy Earthbound Uncut. It's so much more affordable, plus you get the game more in the form that it should have been.

If you have a WiiU, get it on virtual console.  It's $10.

telly

« Reply #8021 on: August 31, 2015, 01:02:34 pm »

If you have a WiiU, get it on virtual console.  It's $10.

I don't have a WiiU, but getting Earthbound Uncut sounds rather tempting; I just don't want to 200+ that much on 1 game at this point.  :-X

Too bad it's not on the 3DS eShop, as far as I can tell.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

Warmsignal

« Reply #8022 on: August 31, 2015, 01:07:09 pm »
Rayman on the PS1. Man, that game is sadistically hard. So many cruel beginners traps, and overall ruthless level designs. It's a fun game, but damn is it frustrating and intentionally so.

kashell

« Reply #8023 on: August 31, 2015, 04:51:37 pm »
I've had Lady Gaga playing all day during work. Monday was made slightly better because of it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8024 on: August 31, 2015, 08:42:19 pm »
Looks like both my NES need new 72 pins..... *sighs*
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730