Author Topic: Turning an old xbox into a MAME machine  (Read 11863 times)

Re: Turning an old xbox into a MAME machine
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 03:45:01 pm »
If you need any help or have questions you can PM me. I have 2 Xbox arcade cabs and 5 modded xbox's.

4 Hard modded via TSOP and 3 softmodded, all different model/versions
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:28:14 pm by pceslayer »

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 01:41:18 am »
So I've been doing some research on this still, and I'm in talks with a guy who will mod it for me.  I was using the wrong terminology before, MAME can't be used on an XBOX, but there is another emulator designed specifically for the XBOX called Coinops.  Pretty cool stuff.
Coinops is more like a front end that than an emulator... The GUI is unloaded each time a emulator core is executed. The code base for the arcade games is built off an old version of mame (0.84 and 0.72 core for midway)that was ported to xbox called mamedox and parts of mamedox 128+ which have also been modified to support more games. Coinops also uses a port of final burn alpha called final burn legends for cps2 and neo geo.

I'm curious to see how this is coming along. Any progress??
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:45:48 am by pceslayer »

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 02:59:03 pm »
so no progress? no nada?

tpugmire

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 03:12:26 pm »
No progress yet. I'm in the process of building a house, so pretty much all my money is going towards that right now.  I still plan on getting this done after getting settled.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com