Author Topic: Huge choices  (Read 2944 times)

scott

Re: Huge choices
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 10:46:13 am »
PSP > Vita though!

You know, when the PSP first came out I hated it and there was nothing you could tell me to think that it hand any games that were worth it. Then I ended up buying one solely for Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles and picked up a few games here and there. It was mainly used for Castlevania, Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, Daxter and Patapon. I prolly had less than 10 games total for it in January of this year, but about 4-5 months ago I really started to get into the PSP. I'm up to 30 games now, and there are a bunch more games I have spotted that I now want to get for it.

Sure the PSP isn't getting as much love as my DS/3DS. And I still hate that if it sits for a while on the shelf I have to charge it in order to play. But if it was me, I'd keep the PSP and sell the Vita.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 11:15:28 am »
Yep. I just recently started delving into handhelds again. I have actually put more time into my DS/PSP than most of my consoles lately. The Vita just doesnt seem like its going to get much interest/support. If it had backwards compatibility with the PSP, Id get one ... but strangely backwards compat seems to be something Sony/Microsoft doesnt want to deal with. Nintendo even removed GBA stuff from their last DS/3DS and from their second release Wii systems.

PSP really stands out for me cause of the amount of Ys games they added to the systems which is one of my favorite lines of games.

zing

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 10:19:02 pm »
I feel the same as you. I really do not like the whole online and digital gaming thing. I really enjoyed the PS2 for this reason. It was the last truly stand-alone system. You can get the games for extremely low prices right now. I think you are on the right track.

I personally decided to stick with the first PlayStation, along with NES and Super NES. There are more than enough games to last me for a very long time.

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 11:58:02 am »
Big thanks for more of your input!

Don't get me wrong, I do like PSP and I gave it hundreds hours of love but I think it's better to sell it because I've played all of my current games already and would not be buying more for a few years at least. And if I tried to after these years, I still think the games would not be able to find anymore. So it's better to get some money out from it than leave it intouched in the shelf.

If I sold Vita I would lose big amount of money because at a guess I've spent 500 $ on it and here in Czech I'd sell it for 300 $ maximum if I was lucky so I'll still rather wait for the outcome. The few games I currently own should also entertain me enough when being on the move.

It hurts me to sell PSP but at the moment I am really not in a situation to afford buying enough games for two consoles at the same time and to dedicate to them due to being hunted by time mostly.

And I am also happy for seeing someone who is sharing my opinions regarding current games marketing because it usually does not happen.  :)