Author Topic: Neo Geo X Gold  (Read 7667 times)

thecollector0o7

Neo Geo X Gold
« on: November 05, 2012, 07:40:21 pm »
I just Pre-ordered my NeoGeoX Gold today and I'm pretty excited. Anyone else getting it?

Re: Neo Geo X Gold
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 07:46:04 pm »
I'm getting it, really excited about it  ;D. People say it is a rip off, and I know it really is, but I just cant help myself, its also really a collectors item and the best thing about it. is that it comes with an authentic joystick. The one thing I'm really worried about is how the SD cards are packaged. Its going to be really annoying to collect for if all the games come in paper slides like regular SD cards. Then I may just buy two of each game.

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 07:49:07 pm »
I was thinking about it, but at the same time I figure that I don't really need it since I already have a Neo Geo MVS arcade cabinet... Not sure it's a good idea to get it :P

I don't think it's a rip-off or anything (I mean, it has a better launch library than the Vita for a much lower price :P), but for me it's the whole "why would I get it?" thing :P

thecollector0o7

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 07:50:41 pm »
thats true I never thought of that. I will probably do the same. I dont know I could never afford a real Neo Geo unless I get the CD >_> but lmao its nice that finally another game company is coming up to bat with the big boys. Im excited to see how well it plays out hopefully not in the path of the Vita >_>

thecollector0o7

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 07:51:38 pm »
I was thinking about it, but at the same time I figure that I don't really need it since I already have a Neo Geo MVS arcade cabinet... Not sure it's a good idea to get it :P

I don't think it's a rip-off or anything (I mean, it has a better launch library than the Vita for a much lower price :P), but for me it's the whole "why would I get it?" thing :P

being a console collector it was a happy day for me when I saw it and I had no option but to go order it :P

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 07:56:34 pm »
A trust me I'm still tempted to get it, that case is just so cool (and it's HDMI compatible!)... but I kinda doubt I'll ever use the thing since I can play all of these on my MVS multicart (and eventually-expanding MVS collection).

thecollector0o7

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »
I build Mame Arcades and have most of the games on them and don't get me wrong I love putting a quarter in the machine and playing some awesome historic games but sometimes I just like to sit on the couch and play these games because yes I am to lazy to stand and game :P so I personally see myself using this alot and getting a secondary controller for the wife

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 02:59:18 am »
Me personally I have no interest in it, the only thing I really like about it is the HD, that will be really nice. But Im too much of an authentic type of person I guess, because I love having the real original piece of hardware. Also, nothing will ever beat the giant cartridges haha.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 09:48:54 pm »
I used to have an AES, but sold everything off to pay for my wedding last year. :D I've since switched to a consolized MVS.

Considering everything it comes with, I think the Neo Geo X is a great deal.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 12:54:31 am »
I just ordered mine! I can't wait!!!
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 12:05:49 am »
Can we get this put in the database? I don't know how to add a platform. Also to add to this thread, my order has been pushed back to the 21st. In fact, the whole release date had been moved to the 18th if I'm correct.

thecollector0o7

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 12:02:15 pm »
you are correct it got pushed back to the 18th and according to ebgames that is when I am getting mine is on the 18th but I live in Canada im not sure if your in the States or if that even makes a diffrence. But the release date is the 18th.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 11:35:05 pm »
It looks very nice, and I'd like to have one. But not for that price. It's faaaarrrrr too overpriced for what you get. They really should have pre-programmed it with more games. There are disc-released game compilations that have more games. And the games they give you are already mostly available to you on the SNK Arcade Classics compilation for PS2 & Wii.

There is the promise of new games being released for it, but I highly doubt game developers are gonna invest in a system that probably won't sell well due to poor marketing. If you were EA or Activision or whoever and you could release a game on the 3DS which has sold millions of units vs. the Neo Geo X which will sells thousands of systems in comparison; which would you release your game on? If I'm wrong, then great. I'd love to see a Neo Geo revival, I just don't see it in the cards.

Between the SNK Arcade Classics Collection, Metal Slug Anthology, and the Samurai Shodown Anthology I can have a much larger Neo Geo Collection for much cheaper without even having to own a Neo Geo X. And for just a little more money than what the Neo Geo X costs, I could just get a real Neo Geo AES or Neo Geo CD.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 01:50:46 am »
Between the SNK Arcade Classics Collection, Metal Slug Anthology, and the Samurai Shodown Anthology I can have a much larger Neo Geo Collection for much cheaper without even having to own a Neo Geo X. And for just a little more money than what the Neo Geo X costs, I could just get a real Neo Geo AES or Neo Geo CD.

This is what I don't understand about it - the Neo Geo X is just ROMs+emulator with some fancy peripherals, and so far I've not seen any indication that the emulation is above the level seen on MAME/whatever PSP emulator people use or even the iOS ports.

If you want competently emulated Neo Geo games there are already a lot of good legal options out there, and as Burningdoom said for the price of this unit the real hardware isn't much more of a leap.

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 01:14:42 pm »
ATTN Scott or Matt.....

Can we get "Neo Geo X Accessory" added as a category, I also bought the additional arcade stick for my system.

Thank you sirs!
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.