Author Topic: Cleaning N64 Labels  (Read 4130 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Cleaning N64 Labels
« on: November 19, 2012, 10:01:24 am »
I know this has been touched on, but I couldn't find the thread. 

Does anyone have any good ideas to clean N64 labels.  I tried rubbing alcohol to get some marker off of a copy of Rogue Squadron.  Now, I have a copy of of Rogue Squadron with a big white spot in the middle of the label.

Any ideas?  I get some with stickers and some with marker on them, and these labels are pretty delicate.

darko

Re: Cleaning N64 Labels
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 10:34:39 am »
TOUGH to deal with for sure. Do NOT use a magic eraser on the N64 labels...trust me.

Rubbing Alcohol, GooGone, etc is about the only thing you can throw at them. If you get them too wet, however, the ink will start to rub off the label.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 10:51:58 am »
I should add that I used 91% rubbing alcohol on it.  I probably should have cut it with water some.

tpugmire

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:49:31 am »
Lighter Fluid on a paper towel is what I generally use.  Apply the fluid to the paper towel and gently rub or wipe the area.  Be careful around the edges though, if it gets underneath the label it will dissolve the glue.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 12:00:31 am »
If it is marker and not ink. Then scribble over it with a dry erase marker then wipe it off. This works amazingly on plastic not sure about the labels.

ko1ru

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 09:34:09 am »
If it is marker and not ink, then scribble over it with a dry erase marker then wipe it off. This works amazingly on plastic not sure about the labels.

If that truly works, that's a neat idea!  Anyone feel like trying it out and reporting the results?   :P

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 01:02:46 pm »
I've confirmed it works on Glossy Labels (NES, SNES, N64) as well. Just have to be cautious not to over do it or might end up with Dry Erase in the crevices.  I'll see if I can find my before and after picks.

ko1ru

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 09:42:58 pm »
Isn't there supposed to be a third picture that shows no marker on the cart?   :P