Author Topic: This game DOESN'T SUCK?!  (Read 5929 times)

artikskarab

Re: This game DOESN'T SUCK?!
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 02:01:40 am »

I see a LOT of people claiming this game sucks, and it seems that the hate is based solely on its cover art. It's kinda understandable just looking at the box AND the title, it looks like just another braindead generic grey-brown FPS... But it's actually really great.

There's actually original weapons, solid and unique gameplay, and it actually has fun with the genre, it's not just "take cover and shoot stuff". I love the scoring system, there's a ton of ways to kill enemies (and half the fun is figuring out all the ways you can kill enemies and what the different killshots are... and how to maximize your score) and the story even manages to be half-decent at parts.

Love this game, I feel it gets undue hate for no reason.

I totally agree with you.

The big thing that most people didn't like about Bulletstorm is that it was an old-school "We'll make a game about whatever we want and we don't care if it dosen't make a lot of sense, as long as it's fun to play". Seriously, this game is an absolute blast to play.
Crying does not show your weakness... Crying means you have the strength to accept all of your emotions!
Now playing: Ratchet & Clank Collection - PS3

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2012, 09:33:37 am »

I see a LOT of people claiming this game sucks, and it seems that the hate is based solely on its cover art. It's kinda understandable just looking at the box AND the title, it looks like just another braindead generic grey-brown FPS... But it's actually really great.

There's actually original weapons, solid and unique gameplay, and it actually has fun with the genre, it's not just "take cover and shoot stuff". I love the scoring system, there's a ton of ways to kill enemies (and half the fun is figuring out all the ways you can kill enemies and what the different killshots are... and how to maximize your score) and the story even manages to be half-decent at parts.

...And in current news...

...this is one of the games that the fucking NRA (of all people!) are blaming for all of those poor, young, innocent kids killed in Connecticut  >:(
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:43:10 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

htimreimer

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 10:41:56 am »

...And in current news...

...this is one of the games that the fucking NRA (of all people!) are blaming for all of those poor, young, innocent kids killed in Cennecticut  >:(
the nra also blaming a obscure flash game from 2002 and unless you specifically look for it, you will not find it
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:43:49 am by htimreimer »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 10:54:00 am »
@HTimreimer -

You're right...I did see this game mentioned, too.

Now, some Senator (can't recall his name right now) -w/ Lieberman's approval & agreement- is trying to pass legislation to legally ban GTA5; as well  ???

scott

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2012, 11:02:12 am »
It'll never happen. And blaming gaming is just a scapegoat, they tried blaming games on Columbine and they'll try blaming games on this.

But, lets keep the thread on topic and keep out of political debates, please. 
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012, 11:14:19 am »
@HTimreimer -

You're right...I did see this game mentioned, too.

Now, some Senator (can't recall his name right now) -w/ Lieberman's approval & agreement- is trying to pass legislation to legally ban GTA5; as well  ???
i'm pretty sure that that won't happen because a law like that would severely damage video game industry and video game industry gives the government money and law like that would stop that

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2012, 11:34:56 am »
It'll never happen. And blaming gaming is just a scapegoat, they tried blaming games on Columbine and they'll try blaming games on this.

But, lets keep the thread on topic and keep out of political debates, please.

My bad - I didn't mean to start any debate here (political or otherwise)...It just struck me as being pretty hypocritical that A/Any (organization that claims to be all about preserving people's rights) would blame something/anything (and try to ban/censor AKA "taking *other* rights *AWAY* from people) through use of a scape-goat.

Again, sorry for derailing the topic - the murderer & his mom didn't live far from me...and the school's < 1.5 hours from me...so it really kinda' hit close to home...I won't bring it up here anymore  8)

scott

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 11:43:42 am »
It's ok man, I wasn't trying to be a huge dick or anything.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2012, 12:12:00 pm »
It's ok man, I wasn't trying to be a huge dick or anything.

I know - I didn't take it that way :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 09:37:30 pm »

I picked this one up at Goodwill today for only $3.99. Got home and went to test the disc and found myself going into race after race. The racing is fun, the cars handle well, there are plenty of car choices, and it has a great soundtrack that keeps you pumped (which is great in a racing game!).

But then I noticed bad reviews about the game when I went to check it out as I added it in my collection, surprised the hell out of me. Guess everyone back then was spoiled by the likes of Gran Turismo and Metropolis Street Racer.

jobocan

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2013, 08:34:14 pm »
Wow, I can't believe I didn't think about this game when I saw this topic.

It's another modern one that gets unwarranted hate:

This game is REALLY good. Moreso for fans of the originals, since it's essentially a remake of the first 2 games but it goes WAY deep story-wise. The combat is some of the best this gen, the story is amazing, the characters are great, the voice acting is perfect (especially Jim Cummings as the Terror Mask)... Not only that, but it includes the 3 first games as unlockables (with the arcade version of the first, rather than the slightly lamer TurboGrafx-16 version). Just a great package. It has minor problems (loooong loading times being the biggest one), but nothing that will really bother real gamers... Love this game.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2013, 08:47:59 pm »
I'm on board with Splatterhouse.  I bought the game because it was cheap.  When I started it, I wasn't a fan.  I almost gave up after the first 15 min.  I'm glad I didn't.  It was a great time.  The action was fun and the story kept me involved.  It was a pretty cool game and definitely not a waste of time.

jobocan

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2013, 08:56:19 pm »
When I started it, I wasn't a fan.  I almost gave up after the first 15 min.  I'm glad I didn't.  It was a great time.

I actually hear that a lot and I actually totally get that, the game isn't terribly welcoming when you start playing it (with it not really explaining anything gameplay-wise), but once you get how it plays it's awesome.