Author Topic: The Comic Book Thread  (Read 38479 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: The Comic Book Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2021, 10:10:28 am »
RIP Kentaro Miura (54) the creator of Berserk

pzeke

« Reply #211 on: May 21, 2021, 08:16:40 am »
RIP Kentaro Miura (54) the creator of Berserk

He leaves behind one hell of a legacy. A true loss.

May he rest in peace.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

mrkonasoni

« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2021, 12:28:58 am »
Sincerely his creation is still the inspiration for a lot of products and future authors.

Also his skill with art was just something else, he was a truly talented man.

Rest in peace.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

pzeke

« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2021, 05:06:56 am »
Sincerely his creation is still the inspiration for a lot of products and future authors.

Also his skill with art was just something else, he was a truly talented man.

Rest in peace.

Definitely. He was exceptionally detailed, a master of the grotesque, and a great storyteller - he was a true pioneer. I'm glad I discovered his work during my formative years.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2022, 09:16:20 am »
Watchmen and Sandman. Both are meant to show the true human nature and the common problems of life itself, but explaining them with vigilantes/supernatural backgrounds.

« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2022, 12:03:38 pm »
Sandman is what got me into comics. It's the best comics I've read in a while and I even wrote an essay about it. Luckily I found essay writer cheap service to help me with that task and I got the highest score in the class. These guys are pro in writing and proofreading and I often use their help. Quite convy.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 10:27:18 am by andyz »

« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2023, 02:06:01 am »

Thanks to replaying Jedi Fallen Order, I recently got heavily back into Star Wars to a level I haven't experienced since before seeing The Last Jedi. I decided to tackle possible the most acclaimed and loved Star Wars novel of the entire expanded universe. All I've heard for decades is how incredible the Thrawn Trilogy is and how it really set the standard for Star Wars books. And look, I get this isn't a comic, but seeing how we don't have a scifi novel thread, this was the next closest thing. But after reading Heir to the Empire I have to say...I'm actually really disappointed.

It was impossible for me not to have really high expectations of these book before reading it, however I felt the story was poorly paced and fairly boring, and the main antagonist Grand Admiral Thrawn is sort of a boring character, mostly because he seemed to have clairvoyance rather than a keen military astuteness, and also his military plans seem to be more of a convoluted mess rather than some grand, airtight scheme. There are also way to many conveniences and coincidences throughout the book that really had me tilting my head. And just overall, I didn't get nearly as much out of these books as I'd hoped despite liking a few parts a decent amount. I felt like I was forcing myself through most of this book which is never a good feeling.

I know I might get hate for my opinions on Heir to the Empire, but it ended up being vastly inferior to most other Star Wars novels I've read actually. I can't see myself reading the other two books anytime soon, so I'll probably just track down the Thrawn Trilogy comics and get the gist of what happens through those.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2023, 11:41:57 pm »
I loved the Thrawn Trilogy, but I read it 20+ years ago. I didn’t know there were comics. I’m into that. Off to mycomicshop.com