Author Topic: What Are You 2013 Game Collecting Goals  (Read 11001 times)

Re: What Are You 2013 Game Collecting Goals
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 12:25:19 am »
especially with the CD drive

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2012, 04:11:25 pm »
I just started collecting like a year ago, and it's hard to collect with not really any expendable money so yeah....

Here are my Game Collection goals for 2013

1. Get a Nintendo 64
2. Buy games for said Nintendo 64
3. Get a Wii U
4. Start a collection for the Wii U
5. Buy a SEGA Saturn
6. Buy games and an action replay for the SEGA Saturn

Most likely I would only be able to buy a Wii U but I really want a N64, I always have since I was a child. I would go into Toys-R-Us and see the N64 and always wanted to play Super Smash Bros but my family never had the money to get it. Now N64's are cheaper but still, no extra money to buy it.

soera

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2012, 04:12:44 pm »
Im pretty sure you can come across a 64 pretty cheap. I used to see them at thrift stores all the time. If you have anything to trade, Im sure someone here has a few extras.

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2012, 06:29:55 pm »
im going to wait for the Wii U to drop in price.
N64 are really cheap about 25 bucks. check craigslist for your area
ive been getting alot of good deals on facebook (my town has 2 facebook yard sale groups)

ffxik

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2012, 07:48:26 pm »
Probably just some games.

Another copy of Xenogears.  Hopefully a functional one.

To repurchase some rather expensive PS1 and Saturn titles I was forced to sell this year.  Outside that just survive.  Because my wife may kill me before it's all over with. :D

Still some hardware to invest in.  A Turbo Duo, 3DO-FZ-1, Neo Geo CD, PS2 slim, and a PS3 but the hardware can wait for a bit.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:51:44 pm by ffxik »

soera

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 10:09:32 pm »

To repurchase some rather expensive PS1 and Saturn titles I was forced to sell this year.  Outside that just survive.  Because my wife may kill me before it's all over with. :D

Still some hardware to invest in.  A Turbo Duo, 3DO-FZ-1, Neo Geo CD, PS2 slim, and a PS3 but the hardware can wait for a bit.

I have a PS2 slim that powers on but doesnt do anything. I dont know how easy it is to fix but if you want it, let me know.

ffxik

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 05:59:38 am »

I have a PS2 slim that powers on but doesnt do anything. I dont know how easy it is to fix but if you want it, let me know.

That's a might kind offer.  I may take you up on it when I have some spare greenbacks to throw around.   ;D

soera

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 08:28:44 am »
I dont have anything into it. I do not sell anything for profit. Basically its shipping cost.

ffxik

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 08:24:28 pm »
If I remember correctly these take the same AV cable as the other Playstations.  I just don't remeber if they have a unique power adapter or not.

tpugmire

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 08:47:38 pm »
I don't really have any goals for the upcoming year. I'm in the process of building a house, so pretty much every spare dime is going towards it. It's going to be a pretty slim year for buying games.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

soera

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 09:17:41 pm »
If I remember correctly these take the same AV cable as the other Playstations.  I just don't remeber if they have a unique power adapter or not.

Nope, its the same cords as the PS1. I have a full set of cords anyhow. What I mean by I dont have anything into it is I have no money invested into it.

ffxik

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2013, 01:34:40 am »

Nope, its the same cords as the PS1. I have a full set of cords anyhow. What I mean by I dont have anything into it is I have no money invested into it.

I understood you.  :)  I was just basically trying to remember what the connections were.  I have a ton of leads but I don't think I have the power lead for it.  :-\

soera

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2013, 11:20:51 am »
I have probably 20 of them. :)

Yeah, if you are interested, let me know. I had an offer from a guy who buys them for $20 shipped but he just refurbs them and resells them. Im not in it for profit and if someone would use it, Id rather do that.

ko1ru

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013, 12:26:12 pm »
I don't have any real goals, per-say, but I would like to get a PSP and Vita this year, as well as a 3DS.  Would also like to get games for said handhelds.  For some reason I've been focusing more on handheld games for the past few months...  *shrug* 

I'd also like to work on whittling down my wishlist.

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2013, 04:43:56 pm »
I guess for me this years gaming goals will be to find a better way to display my boxed games like my flintstones 2 and my clay fighters sc boxed. I'll probably be letting somethings go as well.