Author Topic: What Are You 2013 Game Collecting Goals  (Read 10944 times)

jcalder8

Re: What Are You 2013 Game Collecting Goals
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013, 11:54:44 pm »
I guess for me this years gaming goals will be to find a better way to display my boxed games like my flintstones 2 and my clay fighters sc boxed. I'll probably be letting somethings go as well.
If you can find a way to do it I will take them off your hands and display them here :D
Only trying to help :)

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 11:06:03 am »
Finish my game room... :/

jcalder8

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 03:22:15 pm »
Finish my game room... :/
I look forward to pictures :D

sin2beta

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2013, 10:53:54 pm »
I recently just cleaned out and focused my collection to just sega and xbox.

I want to pick up several Xbox 360 games (they are insanely cheap right now. I've been picking up several good titles for $2 a game).

I also want to flesh out my genesis collection and work towards completing a tower of power. I can find the add ons tomorrow if I really wanted. But I am very patient and cheap.

Secondary (but could become primary based on local thrift shops and flea markets) are to build up the original xbox and game gear collection.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

madmax

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, 09:59:59 pm »
Unfortunately this year my ultimate goal is to save money. The easiest place to cut right now is video games and car modifications. So my goal is probably to cut back on collection spending but still add a few pieces if I can find them at a good price. No big collectables.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2013, 12:54:17 am »
  • Finish off my Vectrex collection.
  • Finish off my SMS collection (a long shot but do-able if the funds are available)
  • Finish off my 32x collection (again, pending availability of allocated funds)
  • Fix the majority of my broken arcade machines
  • Finish the conversion of one side of the garage into a proper arcade

sin2beta

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2013, 02:17:17 am »
  • Finish off my SMS collection (a long shot but do-able if the funds are available)

You do seem to be very close on the 32x. The SMS would be tough if nothing else but for the James Buster Knockout Boxing. That seems to be a pain to get.

jcalder8

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2013, 02:21:03 am »
I hope we get to see some pictures if you get the machines up and running

htimreimer

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2013, 02:27:31 am »

You do seem to be very close on the 32x. The SMS would be tough if nothing else but for the James Buster Knockout Boxing. That seems to be a pain to get.
if price is what stopping you from getting knockout boxing you should keep your eye on pricecharting.com: http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/sega-master-system/james-buster-douglas-knockout-boxing and if just dont like ebay or amazon well sorry for replying

karyann

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2013, 10:36:41 pm »
2013's goal will probably be as generic as "get more games". Right now I'm still a student, and living at my parent's house, so I don't really have goals about "gaming rooms" or "display" yet. Though I have to admit, we did a pretty decent job with the family gaming room this year! Since me and my brother both live with the parents, they kept us part of the basement for our consoles, and I put some gaming swag here and there. I should take pictures and post them, so that my dad can see that he did such an awesome job painting the walls that I had to show it on the internet :P

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2013, 10:45:02 pm »
  • Reach 1200 games.
  • Get a complete SMS collection.
  • Get a complete Color Dreams collection.
  • Get an Atari 5200, Atari Jaguar, Turbografx-16, Dreamcast, and Sega Saturn.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 12:31:11 am »
@sin2beta, So far I've been lucky finding stuff in the wild. That said, it looks like most of the remaining games will need to come from online.

@jcalder8, I have some pictures of the old arcade floating around in the Game Room thread. I'll post a bunch more photos once everything gets moved into place and brought back from the dead.

@htimreimer, Thanks for the link.

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2013, 10:42:17 am »

I'd say Sonic with the barcode for a decent price is harder :/

@dstone I'll look at my dupes for SMS... I'll hook you up if I have anything you don't.

sin2beta

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 12:15:59 am »

I'd say Sonic with the barcode for a decent price is harder :/

@dstone I'll look at my dupes for SMS... I'll hook you up if I have anything you don't.

You are right. But, to be honest, I find looking for sonic with the sticker just insane. It is the European game with a sticker on it. Personally, I would be hard pressed to even call it a variant. I would just buy the European copy. It is the exact same with the exact same UPC on the box inlay. It came from the same factory and from the same production of games. It just does not have a sticker slapped on the outside.

If you don't care about the sticker, it's all personal taste though, sonic is absurdly cheap.

But Knockout Boxing is legitimately a rare cart. It's not a good game, it is just rare. You don't have the easier to find PAL release. For a long time, hey didn't surface on ebay very much even.

jcalder8

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 12:23:49 am »
You are right. But, to be honest, I find looking for sonic with the sticker just insane. It is the European game with a sticker on it. Personally, I would be hard pressed to even call it a variant. I would just buy the European copy. It is the exact same with the exact same UPC on the box inlay. It came from the same factory and from the same production of games. It just does not have a sticker slapped on the outside.
I agree with you on that one but then I don't know why Stadium Events isn't considered a variant too.