Author Topic: i'm not sure on what to do....  (Read 3000 times)

Re: i'm not sure on what to do....
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 11:20:23 pm »
I wouldn't pay a dime for a repro of a commercially released game. You're basically paying for a bootleg. *shrugs*

Agreed.

jcalder8

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 11:28:51 pm »
I wouldn't pay a dime for a repro of a commercially released game. You're basically paying for a bootleg. *shrugs*

Agreed.
3rded

darko

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 09:25:31 am »

I would (and have) if it's something that's been translated into (and never saw a release in) a language I can understand. Also, if it's a homebrew/hack that sounds interesting.

scott

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 09:39:16 am »

I would (and have) if it's something that's been translated into (and never saw a release in) a language I can understand.

Same. I bought a repro/translation of Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart. And it was worth it to be able to play the game w/o and need for a translation guide. I was also tempted to buy a repro of Kid Dracula on NES, but decided against it after I found out the guy was using foxhack's translation patch in his carts.

I doubt I'd ever buy a repro of a commercially available game from my own region though.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 11:03:05 am »
I doubt I'd ever buy a repro of a commercially available game from my own region though.

I would ... depending on the game. There are certain titles that I simply would like to play (I dont do emulation on a PC cause my PC is always occupied by someone) and I dont want to pay the premium the thing seems to be selling for. Magic Knight Rayearth and Crusader of Centy are 2 that come to mind right now. If I could just find someone to make me a copy of the game for the price of a normal game, Id get it. I dont collect for value and really am not concerned with all the issues that a lot of higher end collectors are bothered by. I collect cause I love gaming and if it takes a repro of a game to get something I want, Im cool with it.

foxhack

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 05:22:43 pm »

I would (and have) if it's something that's been translated into (and never saw a release in) a language I can understand. Also, if it's a homebrew/hack that sounds interesting.
That's different.

Also, buy a flash cart. It's cheaper in the long run.

darko

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 06:13:07 pm »

That's different.

Also, buy a flash cart. It's cheaper in the long run.

Got a Super EverDrive for Christmas :)

darko

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 06:16:47 pm »

I would ... depending on the game. There are certain titles that I simply would like to play (I dont do emulation on a PC cause my PC is always occupied by someone) and I dont want to pay the premium the thing seems to be selling for. Magic Knight Rayearth and Crusader of Centy are 2 that come to mind right now. If I could just find someone to make me a copy of the game for the price of a normal game, Id get it. I dont collect for value and really am not concerned with all the issues that a lot of higher end collectors are bothered by. I collect cause I love gaming and if it takes a repro of a game to get something I want, Im cool with it.

No....bad.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:20:42 pm by darko »