Author Topic: overused/bad gameplay  (Read 2400 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: overused/bad gameplay
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 08:38:20 pm »
G-D M-Fing Medusa Heads and everything else that flies onto the screen way too fast lined up to piss you off.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 08:43:35 pm »
G-D M-Fing Medusa Heads and everything else that flies onto the screen way too fast lined up to piss you off.

Yep. I especially hate the falcons in Ninja Gaiden.

scott

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 12:39:24 pm »

I used to hate Medusa heads. But now  I can dodge them no problem. Flea men on the other hand are total bitches.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 07:05:24 pm »
Quick Time Events. God I hate them. Hate hate. Hate hate hate.

This. So much this.
To explain my hate... Well, I have yet to find a single good QTE in the history of the gaming medium. They really add nothing to the gameplay and are just a time waster. Even in games I like I hate QTEs... like Bayonetta, amazing games but the QTEs just piss me off.
Even the first QTE game I can think of, Dragon's Lair, isn't what I'd call a good game *raises flame shield*. It's cool for the time, playing though a cartoon and stuff, but it's not fun.

sin2beta

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 07:15:36 pm »
Quick Time Events. God I hate them. Hate hate. Hate hate hate.

This. So much this.
To explain my hate... Well, I have yet to find a single good QTE in the history of the gaming medium. They really add nothing to the gameplay and are just a time waster. Even in games I like I hate QTEs... like Bayonetta, amazing games but the QTEs just piss me off.
Even the first QTE game I can think of, Dragon's Lair, isn't what I'd call a good game *raises flame shield*. It's cool for the time, playing though a cartoon and stuff, but it's not fun.

I'm one of the few that actually don't mind QTEs.  But I understand and agree with what you said.

In my opinion, Dragon's Lair is more of a fascinating experiment than good game. I really like Dragon's Lair. But it is not a "good" game. To possibly put this in perspective, I absolutely love the anime Initial D. But it is in no way a fantastic show. It is typical by-the-book shonen. Dragon's Lair is in the similar situation. People enjoy the game and have nostalgia for it. This gets confused with being good.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

jobocan

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 07:29:58 pm »
I'm one of the few that actually don't mind QTEs.  But I understand and agree with what you said.

In my opinion, Dragon's Lair is more of a fascinating experiment than good game. I really like Dragon's Lair. But it is not a "good" game. To possibly put this in perspective, I absolutely love the anime Initial D. But it is in no way a fantastic show. It is typical by-the-book shonen. Dragon's Lair is in the similar situation. People enjoy the game and have nostalgia for it. This gets confused with being good.

Question: are you me? I mean, other than the not minding QTEs thing :P