Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 279655 times)

telly

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #2145 on: May 23, 2022, 04:53:57 pm »
Pig - More random movie night fun! We thought this movie would be terrible, but it was surprisingly good! A simple and endearing story and Nicholas Cage does a decent job in the main role. Really nicely shot and scored film as well. Surprised this wasn't talked about more last year.

Also the DVD has a Nicholas Cage cooking segment xD
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 04:56:24 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #2146 on: May 23, 2022, 06:09:05 pm »
Pig - More random movie night fun! We thought this movie would be terrible, but it was surprisingly good! A simple and endearing story and Nicholas Cage does a decent job in the main role. Really nicely shot and scored film as well. Surprised this wasn't talked about more last year.

Probably depends on social circles / where you have a lot of online interaction.  I saw loads of people talking about it last year, and I saw it in theaters - with many saying Cage should have gotten an Oscar nom.  The scene with his former line cook is maybe the best thing I saw in a movie last year.

« Reply #2147 on: May 24, 2022, 02:34:32 am »
Jackass 4.5 - Now I know you can explicitly show dick on Netflix, I actually didn't know that was possible lol The .5 flicks are always great with the extra bits of unseen content and I love all the behind the scenes things.  It's still just the dumbest possible fun.

gngtiger

« Reply #2148 on: May 24, 2022, 12:45:56 pm »
The Lost City. It wasn't really targeted towards me, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2149 on: May 26, 2022, 05:01:42 pm »
YES! I loved the original as a kid!

"Use the magic, Willow!"

https://youtu.be/tbbveDpUZv4

« Reply #2150 on: May 26, 2022, 06:18:22 pm »
YES! I loved the original as a kid!

"Use the magic, Willow!"

https://youtu.be/tbbveDpUZv4

They even brought back Vohnkar!

Mission: Impossible - Fallout - How is the sixth movie easily the best one?  It's so flipping good.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 08:29:36 am by Cartagia »

telly

« Reply #2151 on: May 31, 2022, 09:18:40 am »
(500) Days of Summer - We watched this in honor of the Indy 500 that was going on this weekend ;) Not going to lie, this is probably my favorite romantic comedy of all time.
Currently Playing:

« Reply #2152 on: May 31, 2022, 05:02:02 pm »
I just watched "Sorcerer" with Roy Scheider. While it was pretty good, but I felt the way the story started was too jumbled and could have been way smoother. It did have some great tension.
Roy was outstanding as ever, and the soundtrack was ahead of it's time.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 05:05:22 pm by wolff242 »

« Reply #2153 on: June 05, 2022, 06:51:09 pm »
Crimes of the Future - Didn't love it, but it was great seeing the old Cronenberg vision come out to play.

« Reply #2154 on: June 07, 2022, 12:02:06 pm »
Sonic The Hedgehog - 7½/10

Enjoyed this much more than I probably should have.

« Reply #2155 on: June 08, 2022, 12:48:06 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - While I thought the first one was just alright, I actually liked the sequel more, because it did what I wanted, which is less human stuff going on.  I wanted more of the fantasy Sonic stuff and we mostly get that here.  Knuckles and Tails are great, Jim Carrey is having fun just devouring the scenery, and the two people he's with are mostly gone for a lot of the film outside of the ending.  Like I would absolutely prefer a full animated film over this live action mixture, but I'm having enough fun with the films.

« Reply #2156 on: June 12, 2022, 06:24:15 pm »
Top Gun: Maverick is maybe the biggest jump in quality from first (pretty OK) movie to second I've ever seen.  It's shockingly good, and benefits from having a much more coherent throughline, while also having way more pathos.

telly

« Reply #2157 on: June 13, 2022, 09:46:37 am »
Watched The Birdcage over the weekend which was showing for pride month. Pretty funny film! Enjoyed it a lot.
Currently Playing:

« Reply #2158 on: June 13, 2022, 09:43:29 pm »
Apocalypse Now - Final Cut - The pacing is thrown off by all the additional scenes, but it's better than Redux.  Still an entrancing watch.

Free Guy - Not great, but it's fun.

Mr. Right - Charming as hell cast, but amateurish direction keeping from being as good as it could be.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - It's been at least a decade since I'd watched this and I'd forgotten just how effortlessly delightful it is.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 11:05:24 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #2159 on: June 19, 2022, 12:57:51 am »
The Bad Guys - Real energetic, very fun animation, had a good time with it.  Gives me similar vibes that Turning Red with its animation style, lots of anime influence, tons of Lupin the 3rd in this one.  The only thing that bugged me, and it's weird to complain about "the world" of a cartoon like this, but I found it odd that there's not a single other animal character in the film, aside from the main cast.  There's actual guinea pigs, non-anthro, but they are just normal animals.  Every other character seen in the film is human.  It doesn't hurt the movie at all, it's just some odd thing I noticed as it went along lol Still a great watch though.