Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280615 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #945 on: March 31, 2016, 03:01:40 pm »

doafan

« Reply #946 on: April 05, 2016, 12:40:29 pm »
Have completed another two anime, this time Oshiete! Galko-chan and Hai to Gensou no Grimgar where I highly recommend both of them also went with my wife to the movies theater to watch Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice which is ok even when is has nothing to do with the Comic, spent more than six hours enjoying Kevin Steen: Descent Into Madness (don't have to say that am a huge fan of him) and finally saw this past Sunday Wrestlemania 32, will leave my comments of this one at the respective thread later.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #947 on: April 06, 2016, 01:37:28 pm »

This was a very fun vampire movie! Not for the kiddies, though. This one is a bit more gory than the first, and it shows a bit of nudity.

However for us horror-loving adults, this really is a fun ride. It's not really sequel. It's almost like another take on Fright Night. Charlie Brewster is again the main-character, but it's as if the events of the first movie never took place and he's encountering a vampire for the very first time. Also, Peter Vincent is no longer a gothed-out TV star, he's now a reality show star that's more like a normal guy.

In the movie, Charlie, his best friend, and his girlfriend are American exchange students in Romania, taking college courses. Their professor is drop-dead gorgeous, but is also a vampire. Of course Charlie Brewster is the first to discover her extra-curricular nighttime activities. At first no one believes him. But as he starts to investigate what's happening, he discovers that his professor is none other than Elizabeth Bathory, of historic fame; who bathed in her victims' blood. Many people believed she was a vampire, and her final resting place has never been found, as well as being a big inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula. Which makes for a great tie-in to this vampire story!

Check it out if your a horror fan or a fan of the first film. You won't regret it. But don't go into it thinking it's going to be this epic Victorian story like Dracula or Interview With the Vampire, it's not. It's just horror-fun!

desocietas

« Reply #948 on: April 06, 2016, 07:20:07 pm »
BF finally sat me down and had me watch X-Men: Days of Future Past. I really enjoyed the first two X-Men films but was so turned off by the 3rd one that I kinda stopped watching superhero films.  That and not caring for Batman Begins and the few bits of Spider-Man that I caught at a friend's house.

Anyway, I did enjoy this kinda-reboot as well as First Class (which I saw a few months ago). The end of the film definitely leads into X-Men: Apocalypse, so it'll be good to be caught up in time for that. Also, I always loved Nightcrawler and Jubilee back in the day with the cartoon.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #949 on: April 11, 2016, 02:55:48 pm »
Didn't find something better to saw this weekend so decided to give a try to the following four movies, hard to admit it but the one that I enjoyed the most was Leap Year my wife as well has the same opinion than I, in fact The Cobbler has a nice idea and the history it was no that well developed about the other two what can I say, was expecting those two to be the best ones but they weren't  :-\

abe

« Reply #950 on: April 12, 2016, 05:29:08 pm »
Just came back from watching Hardcore Henry and it was f***in' awesome! It met all of my expectations and then some. Best movie I've seen in a while. Good simple fun. The first-person perspective was actually pretty cool too.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #951 on: April 13, 2016, 10:13:08 am »
I don't watch movies and I don't really watch anime but the very few that I have watched were pretty good. The last anime I watched was Parasyte -The Maxim-, I recommend it.

Badges

doafan

« Reply #952 on: April 20, 2016, 10:25:46 am »
Past week I finished the ten episodes of Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! dunno why the hell this Anime had 10 instead of the twelve episodes that almost all the series had anyway it was good enough, practically I saw one episode by day cause really want to follow the new series from this April - June season, for the rest of the movies Joy was the only one that I saw alone it seems that it's kinda boring but with a good message Krampus was the opposite cause saw this with all the family except of my two daughters but I saw with them Norm of the North, it wasn't the big deal but it was pretty decent and enjoyable.

« Reply #953 on: April 21, 2016, 02:21:33 am »

Wasn't too bad, a solid Batman flick, though it didn't really feel like it had a lot of impact and like a bunch of bad guys die, which felt weird lol It's nothing like Batman and others were killing people, they just happened to die due to their own fault, but it's just unusual to see.  I don't think I've really seen a bad Batman animated flick, but this is abit below other recent Batflicks I think like Under the Red Hood, Batman vs Robin, and The Dark Knight Returns.  Nice to get some Kathy Kane Batwoman though, always liked her design.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:24:37 am by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #954 on: April 22, 2016, 03:03:42 pm »
A Nightmare on Elm Street is getting remade.

Awesome. Love the Nightmare series. Here's to hoping they do better than the 2010 film, though.

In the article they mention that the biggest hurdle is finding a new Freddy...why? Why not just cast Robert Englund again. His age shouldn't matter behind all that make-up.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3356108/a-nightmare-elm-street-remake-again/

stealthrush

« Reply #955 on: April 25, 2016, 02:36:24 am »

The Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Didn't know what to expect watching the film, since I did zero research on it besides reminiscing of my childhood watching the animated television series and playing with figure/toys growing up. The animation was spectacular and detailed and the soundtrack/score was cheesy-epic. Although story at times felt generic and predictable with the abundance of characters on screen, overall movie that wrapped up well towards the end- better than I expected it to be!! I log additional films @Letterboxd.

doafan

« Reply #956 on: May 04, 2016, 02:36:55 pm »
Being honest there hasn't been a good movie to watch these past days and no I don't consider Civil War neither good or decent since it definitely is not like the comic anyway I do have spent some time watching the Kevin Steen: Ascension to the top DVD, took me some time cause they are two Dvd's and is almost 6 hours of awesome material from this wrestler also this past Sunday saw with a lot of troubles the Paycback event and definitely will have to see it again  ;D

« Reply #957 on: May 05, 2016, 10:57:03 pm »

It's incredibly good.  With the early reviews it was getting, I was expecting it to be so, but it surpassed my expectations.  It's just really great and it also has got me amped up for Spider-Man: Homecoming.  Easily the best Spider-Man we've got so far.

davifus

« Reply #958 on: May 07, 2016, 12:07:11 pm »
Captain Murica: Civil War

Pretty Hype
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

doafan

« Reply #959 on: May 09, 2016, 10:36:52 am »
Started to use my free month of the WWE Network and didn't wasted my time so I went directly to the event Battleground 2015 cause I always love to see my wife reaction every time that Cena lost a match and what a better way to make her more angrier if the one that kicks his butt is Kevin Owens, she knows that this fat dude is my favorite wrestler anyway and as a personal advice please avoid the 10 Cloverfield Lane at any cost, want my two hours wasted back in the other hand as a recommendation of a buddy saw The Boy can't believe that this one is right now at the movies theater but we saw it at home, not the big deal but indeed being able to see Lauren Cohan was just perfect, the last one was Zoolander 2 the story is crap as the first one but I only wanted to see Penelope Cruz boobs  ;D