Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280225 times)

Flashback2012

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #960 on: May 09, 2016, 12:40:00 pm »

It's incredibly good.  With the early reviews it was getting, I was expecting it to be so, but it surpassed my expectations.  It's just really great and it also has got me amped up for Spider-Man: Homecoming.  Easily the best Spider-Man we've got so far.

This was a lot better than I was expecting. I've read some people complain about the pace of the movie but I felt it moved along just fine.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #961 on: May 09, 2016, 01:10:00 pm »
Watched Southpaw over the weekend.

Decent movie plus, a couple of cool Eminem tracks.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

doafan

« Reply #962 on: May 16, 2016, 11:14:15 am »
Managed to survive another weekend without seeing Civil War, my wife wants to see her beloved Robert Downey Jr. at the big screen but since this past Friday she went to the movies alone with her friends my daughter had to right to decide which movie she wanted see this past Saturday so we saw The Angry Birds Movie, had to purchase her combo of popcorn and soda with the official stuff from the film also went to McDonalds to get her toy, it was a funny and entertained movie for the family  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

tripredacus

« Reply #963 on: May 16, 2016, 11:47:41 am »
Yesterday I watched:
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail (DVD)
- Moonraker (VHS)

shepard11

« Reply #964 on: May 18, 2016, 11:54:28 pm »
I ended up watching Zoombies (off the DVR) I regret my decision.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #965 on: May 19, 2016, 12:11:47 am »

It's incredibly good.  With the early reviews it was getting, I was expecting it to be so, but it surpassed my expectations.  It's just really great and it also has got me amped up for Spider-Man: Homecoming.  Easily the best Spider-Man we've got so far.

This was a lot better than I was expecting. I've read some people complain about the pace of the movie but I felt it moved along just fine.

I really liked it, until the end. Everything leading up to it was high-octane, fast-paced, and well-written. But then there was no ending, no resolution. The Avengers were still split, and neither side won.

« Reply #966 on: May 19, 2016, 04:24:22 am »

I really liked it, until the end. Everything leading up to it was high-octane, fast-paced, and well-written. But then there was no ending, no resolution. The Avengers were still split, and neither side won.

SLIGHT MILD SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN CIVIL WAR YET.

It wasn't ever meant to be a "this side is right or the winner" really.  It's almost a "bad end" in a way in that the villain kinda technically wins, though stopped short of complete annihilation of the Avengers and I think there's enough in there for a satisfying conclusion, as it also lends itself to some interesting in the upcoming movies, such as Black Panther which I assume will play a big part of dealing with the aftermath of Civil War and then leading into Infinity War.

I thought it worked that everything wasn't just tied up with a little bow on it all, with it being some hammy "I was wrong you were right, no I was wrong and you were right" type of deal and everyone would be happy.  A lot goes on in the movie to make sure that it really couldn't have an ending like that no matter what.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 04:27:55 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #967 on: May 23, 2016, 09:10:27 pm »
I didn't moved my lazy ass from the bed this past Sunday so I saw three movies being the first one Kindergarten 2, years ago saw the first one so that's why I decided to give this one a try too, to bad that there will be no Silent Hill cause at the first movie they used the school as a reference for this game, the second one was Journey 2: The Mysterious Island and only because of Vanessa Hudgens (mamacita) after that enjoyed the latest WWE event Extreme Rules and after that and before I went to sleep enjoyed The Forest, was expecting to see this one at the movies theater with my wife but dunno why it was released first on DVD so didn't wanted to wait more  ;D

davifus

« Reply #968 on: June 01, 2016, 04:54:13 pm »
- Iron man - Age of Ultron
- Captain America - Winter Soldier
- Antman
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #969 on: June 02, 2016, 05:21:58 am »
Zootopia. Top annimation. So good it's one of my favs now.

doafan

« Reply #970 on: June 03, 2016, 11:17:57 am »
Zootopia. Top annimation. So good it's one of my favs now.

Indeed is a good one, have seen this one at least 20 times cause my daughter really love Judy and she always wants me to watch the movie with her, yesterday she found that the TMNT 2 movie is about to be released here in Mexico and she already has made plans with my wife and me to take her to the movies the next week and she is only six  ;D

doafan

« Reply #971 on: June 07, 2016, 07:29:07 pm »
Just arrived from the movies, yes on Tuesday and in working hours, why ?, cause I promised my daughters and my wife that I'll took them to the movie theater after school, spent four hours instead of my regular two that I have for lunch so will have to recover that time but it was worth it, we sawTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows and have to say as a proud father that my little girls really loved the film, this past week saw with my wife The other side of the door after months I finally managed to make her to like terror/suspense movies and because of this now she wants me to watch her kind of movies so this past Saturday we saw Busco novio para mi mujer a funny movie if you like Mexican films also and even when I don't want to admit it I saw The Do-Over which was a completely waste of my time, that's all am gonna say about this one.

« Reply #972 on: June 09, 2016, 04:39:18 am »

Been wanting to watch The Boy and The Beast for awhile and it turned out to be alright.  Felt abit like an older anime style film, like something you could see in the earlier era of Ghibli films abit, though it does have a good bit of CGI in it for crowds and such.  It sorta stands out at times because of that, but they use it well towards the end.  Story wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it was enjoyable enough.  Good characters, entertaining setting and story, I like it.

« Reply #973 on: June 09, 2016, 10:24:12 pm »

How is the movie a sub-30% on Rotten Tomatoes? I thought it was generally fairly good fantasy movie.  It's not amazing, but the CG with the orcs in particular looks really good, the action is good, and overall I thought it worked.  I think the only downside of the movie is that it's held back by the live action.  At times it feels abit cheap and I feel that if they had gone full CG for the humans and blood elves, which are the only live action things aside from some sets, they probably could've allowed themselves more freedom.  I can't say anything lore wise, I don't know enough to say how that goes other than I heard they tweaked it, but this is a solid fantasy movie.

azure

« Reply #974 on: June 12, 2016, 10:06:07 pm »

Been wanting to watch The Boy and The Beast for awhile and it turned out to be alright.  Felt abit like an older anime style film, like something you could see in the earlier era of Ghibli films abit, though it does have a good bit of CGI in it for crowds and such.  It sorta stands out at times because of that, but they use it well towards the end.  Story wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it was enjoyable enough.  Good characters, entertaining setting and story, I like it.
I really like this one, simple story, but still interesting. I was lucky enough to see it in theaters when it was showing months ago.