Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280798 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #975 on: June 13, 2016, 05:01:37 pm »

I rewatched this last weekend, and I still enjoyed it. I might have given Hal a different foe than Hector Hammond, but it still worked fine. Good special effects. Entertaining story. Cool fight scenes. And the Green Lantern Corps and Planet Oa looked awesome.

It's a shame it got so much hate, because it set-up for a great sequel with Sinestro getting the yellow ring. And Mark Strong did an amazing job as Sinestro, so he would have killed it as the main villain.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:09:25 pm by burningdoom »

spac316

« Reply #976 on: June 18, 2016, 03:40:47 pm »
In the theater, I watched X-Men Apocalypse.
I enjoyed it.

On blu-ray, I watched Mad Max Fury Road.
It was a fun film.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #977 on: June 19, 2016, 01:18:00 pm »

Meh.

If it was a standalone vampire film, it probably would have been okay. But it was a sequel. And the original was soooo much better. The original made you feel claustrophobic and gave a sense of helplessness for the victims, as the vampires just completely overpowered the humans. They slaughtered an entire town.

But in this sequel, it's the survivor of the original film (played by a new actress) that meets up with other survivors and decides to go out and hunt the vampires. This time around, they were able to take out groups of vampires, seemingly with ease. And the vampires didn't nearly look as cool this time around. In the first movie, they were Nosferatu-style vampires looking all creepy and ratlike. In this one they looked much more human.

Worth watching once, but that's about it. The original, though, is a great horror-flick!

« Reply #978 on: June 20, 2016, 05:21:34 am »

One Piece Film Z - I haven't really watched the films for the series before and man is way better than the show.  The show drags things out so badly, even if I still somehow manage to keep watching it.  This one had some pretty crazy action scenes and some good moments, though it felt almost a little quick, jumping around abit and some slightly odd pacing/editing it felt.  Like it could have used a few extra beats between certain scenes.  Good stuff though.

doafan

« Reply #979 on: June 20, 2016, 12:37:19 pm »
Have completed another Anime being this time Bikini Warriors the one that took my attention also have seen two movies at the office because they are not suitable to be seen with the whole family am talking about Dirty Grandpa and Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse even when never saw a fucking guide in this last one, not the best movies that have ever seen but they were good enough and the last one was the latest PayPer View event from the WWE Money in the Bank 2016 where already have left my comments at the respective thread.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #980 on: June 21, 2016, 12:41:28 am »

Got a freebie for the movies, so I thought I'd go and catch X-Men Apocalypse that I missed when it came out.  I've basically seen everything X-Men at this point and I thought this movie was fairly good.  I had heard it wasn't doing particularly well and while it's not a perfect movie, I liked it.  Action packed and far more violent than I was expecting.  I don't particularly remember everything from the past X-Men films, but this one is super violent.  Lots of people getting killed and decapitated and very noticeably.  If this was Deadpool, blood would be splattering everywhere.  Basically if there was more blood, this movie would be Rated R.

The only negatives I really had was that some of the stuntwork mixed with CG looked really bad.  You just see this person flying around and it looks like I'm watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.  It's not all scenes, but a few stood out to me.  Also I feel like they've made both Quicksilver and Apocalypse way too damn strong.  There's no really legit way that Apocalypse should lose.  He just happens to.  And Quicksilver at this point feels like a cartoon.  His big scene is awesome to watch, but then you realize that he's basically so fast, he might as well be teleporting.  I feel like he would break most things by being involved from now, because time essentially stands still when he moves and there's no downside to his ability.

« Reply #981 on: June 21, 2016, 11:18:11 am »
I recently picked DBZ back up after getting to the Cell Saga a few years ago and losing motivation. I have it on my bucket list to finish this series after being a long time fan of the series since I was about 12. I never got to watch the whole thing back when I first got into it because they had only released through the Namek Saga when I got into it. Shortly after that they started releasing new episodes in North America, however a combination depression and losing interest in anime for a about a decade led me to discontinue watching shortly after the Cell Saga. I have been barreling through it over the past few weeks and am currently in the beginning of the Buu Saga. Really enjoying it again!

soera

« Reply #982 on: June 21, 2016, 02:40:50 pm »
The only negatives I really had was that some of the stuntwork mixed with CG looked really bad.  You just see this person flying around and it looks like I'm watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. 

This is why I rank Crouching Tiger among the worst movies Ive ever seen. I hope its at least better in this.

soera

« Reply #983 on: June 21, 2016, 02:41:32 pm »
And speaking of movies, I saw Warcraft on Friday. Was a fantastic movie honestly. I enjoyed it from start to finish.

« Reply #984 on: June 21, 2016, 05:18:21 pm »
This is why I rank Crouching Tiger among the worst movies Ive ever seen. I hope its at least better in this.

It was just a few shots that the wire stunts looked abit cheap.  It's not all shots, but you can see one in the trailer with Psylocke flipping through the air, slicing a car in half.  There's a few moments like that where it just looks bad.

doafan

« Reply #985 on: July 12, 2016, 10:05:29 am »
Haven't seen a decent or good movie this past days because I was enjoying four series of Anime being these the following ones: Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?, Bakuon!!, Hundred and Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai the last one is not from this past season but really don't know how the hell I totally missed this one, just hope that we can have more at least from Hundred, if not a second season I would be happy with an Ova or a couple of special episodes  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #986 on: July 17, 2016, 03:31:04 am »

This was soooo much better than Battle of Gods.

Frieza is the coolest villain in the DBZ Universe, IMO. And this DBZ movie did him justice. Kind of a cop-out with the Deity interference. But otherwise it was good.

Well worth under $10 that I spent on it.

Now I'm just patiently waiting for DBZ Super to be dubbed into English and sent over here.

Running Man is a great 80s action flick. Definetly cheesy at times, but also a lot of fun. This was, surprisingly, the first time I've ever seen it.

Schwarzenegger plays a cop in the near future who is framed for the murder of innocent civilians. He is put on a TV show where felons are hunted down on live TV while the audience bets on them for prizes and money.

It's on Netflix streaming, which is where I recently saw it.

sithsylar

« Reply #987 on: July 17, 2016, 03:47:01 am »
The Running man honestly is such an amazing movie.  I loved it as a kid and yes i watched it when i was a kid haha. 

The last movie i saw was Battle Royale.  Is it just me or can this lore be turned into an anime where each season its a new group of people.  I loved the movie seen it multiple times and yeah do recommend. 

Warmsignal

« Reply #988 on: July 20, 2016, 10:50:27 pm »

This is one of my favorites. On the surface, kind of ordinary. But, the more you watch it, the more you appreciate the subtle brilliance of it, the symbolism, the social commentary, the excellent cinematography. It's a really good movie. The only thing that bugs me is that the opening credits claim it's based on a true story, but actually it's entirely fictional. I don't quite get why they did that.

« Reply #989 on: July 21, 2016, 10:10:22 pm »
Saw the new Star Trek movie and it's a lot of fun.  If you've basically been into the last two ST films, you'll find something to enjoy here.