Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280296 times)

gf78

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #1005 on: August 16, 2016, 11:38:14 am »
Fantastic Four is a Fox movie, isn't it?  It's not from Marvel Studios.

Very true.  But I was just referring to Marvel properties in general as opposed to the DC cinematic universe, or "shitting on DC fans" universe. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1006 on: August 16, 2016, 12:40:39 pm »
Saw Suicide Squad last night with no real expectations of it being bad or good.  In the end, I thought it was ok. The people I went with thought it was really good and, while I enjoyed it, the plot holes and throwaway side characters left me unfulfilled. Deadshot and Harley were great but the others could've been easily removed and the film would've been the same to me. I know group movies like this are very difficult to pull off, but I saw Guardians of the Galaxy for the second time recently and felt like that still held up and did a good job of giving every character a good chance at development. Like kamikazekeeg said, there was more humor in the trailer and some of the jokes in the trailer never made it to the final film, so I felt a little cheated.

Still, I liked Harley and how they handled her. Definitely not my favorite comic film and definitely hard to follow Deadpool from earlier this year.

For the most part, the Marvel movies have knocked it out of the park.  With the exception of the new Fantastic Four, they are all pretty watchable.

I actually enjoyed the new F4 movie, outside of them screwing up Doom yet again.

It totally did not work as a superhero movie, but it was a great sci-fi movie.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1007 on: August 21, 2016, 08:31:33 pm »
Watched 10 Cloverfield Lane last week good movie despite so so reviews.

Watched Chronicle this week. It was meh.

« Reply #1008 on: August 22, 2016, 01:14:54 am »
Saw Kubo tonight.

Was fairly dissapointed, but was still a fairly good movie. Didn't care for the ending either.

« Reply #1009 on: August 22, 2016, 08:45:08 am »
I made my wife watch CatWoman with me.  She kept complaining and wanting to leave to go do anything else... that movie looks like the only demographic they were going after was middle aged newly divorced women... like that Kate plus 8 lady.

doafan

« Reply #1010 on: August 23, 2016, 02:38:16 pm »
Took my girls to the movies because they wanted to see The secret life of Pets and I don't regret it, at home enjoyed with my wife The Jungle Book with is 100 times better than the crap piece of shit of Tarzan, with one of my daughter saw the Regular Show The Movie and am kinda impressed that at least on of them like it as much as I, the other one and my wife hate this cartoon and finally this past Sunday we saw Summerslam  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #1011 on: August 25, 2016, 03:14:43 am »
Finishing up the last of the Godzilla stuff I have.  Down to single movie releases, of which there's only about 4 left, and one of them doesn't come out till next month.  I'll probably grab the rest then.  Doesn't seem to be that they have a whole lot of the Pre-1984 Godzilla stuff released on Blu-Ray yet though.  That's where a lot of the goofy stuff is lol

Godzilla vs King Ghidorah - This one really felt like it was a left over of the late 70's/early 80's, rather than something made in like 1989 to 1991.  The scifi aspect can get pretty cheesy, and it has some stuff that completely rips off Terminator which is pretty funny lol Story also felt a little confusing at times, but King Ghidorah is a great kaiju, along with his Mecha form.

Godzilla vs Mothra: The Battle For Earth - This one on the other hand has bits that feel ripped from Raiders of the Lost Ark at the start which is funny.  This feels like a step up though generally from the previous one to me and felt more in line with the time.  The scifi stuff can be real hit or miss, so dropping it for more of an environmental message is alright.  Mothra is kinda one of those goofily charming kaiju, he's not tough at all really, but always kinda nice to see him.  Battra on the other hand does seem creepy in design and feels like a danger at times, especially with his backstory.

Since I'm out of Godzilla for now, gonna get onto Pacific Rim.  Been a long time since I watched it, but I do love this one.  Will be nice to see if I still feel this way about it.

« Reply #1012 on: August 26, 2016, 03:28:34 am »

Yup, still absolutely love Pacific Rim.  It might even be a real favorite of mine as it appeals to me so much.  The Jaegers are amazingly awesome in design and the scale is so great.  I also appreciate that all the monsters have unique looks and styles, but because of what they are, they do tend to blend together at times which can be a slight downside.  I would've liked if they had more unique color schemes to them, but overall, still quality stuff.  I really need to get some of the Kaiju figures, but the bigger ones are so expensive lol Even on sale, the flying one that can actually interact with the regular Jaegers is still 60 bucks at FYE right now.

I'm still so glad we are getting a sequel.  I need it so bad even though we are still a year and a half from release.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 05:45:44 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1013 on: August 26, 2016, 12:30:22 pm »
^ And what movie are you talking about?

doafan

« Reply #1014 on: August 26, 2016, 12:35:48 pm »

I guess it's Pacific Rim  ;D

« Reply #1015 on: August 26, 2016, 05:45:26 pm »

Yeah Pacific Rim, didn't realize I didn't put the name down lol Have you not seen it? It's awesome stuff.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1016 on: August 26, 2016, 06:16:49 pm »

Yeah Pacific Rim, didn't realize I didn't put the name down lol Have you not seen it? It's awesome stuff.

Nope, haven't seen it.

doafan

« Reply #1017 on: August 26, 2016, 06:25:49 pm »
Nope, haven't seen it.

Men you have to see it or at least the boat scene  ;)

pizzasafari

« Reply #1018 on: August 27, 2016, 11:02:08 pm »
I just finished a rewatch of Death Note, but if the question is what was the last thing I watched for the first time, I don't tend to remember films so the last anime I watched was the first season of Durarara.
That was a while ago now actually, I need to find something else to watch.  :-\

Wasn't massive on Durarara, it was okay but this was right after I'd finished watching Kokoro Connect which I really liked. The name sounds a little weeby but it's really good.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1019 on: September 01, 2016, 04:47:09 pm »
I watched The Legend of Tarzan this past weekend.  Let me tell you what, I enjoyed the heck out of it.  I had zero expectations going into it, but dang it was good.  There are a couple of parts that you have to just look the other way, but I had a good time with it.