Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280471 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #1020 on: September 03, 2016, 08:19:50 pm »

Whoever says that Suicide Squad sucks, has got to be high. I just got back from seeing it and it was incredibly awesome! And I was not a fan of the comic series beforehand, nor am I one of many Harley Quinn fans out there.

Great story, fantastic characters, great dialogue, awesome make-up and special-effects, and a LOT of action. And unlike Superman V Batman, it had comedic relief. Plus a little bit of emotional moments, even. Every character was a bad-ass in their own right, well except for Captain Boomerang. I have to wonder what his purpose even was in the movie.They also left it open to lead right into a Batman movie, if they wanted, with the extra after-credits scene. And I loved the very comic-like intros "profiles" they did when they introduced each character as Waller was trying to sell the idea of Task Force X to the government.

All that said, I STILL hate the way The Joker looked. He should not be a gang-banger.

Now, I did also like Superman V Batman. But I can readily admit there were areas where that film could have used improvement. With Suicide Squad, I don't see it. I honestly can't see where the hate is coming from besides fanboyism. I encourage anyone here that was on the fence about it, to go see it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 08:25:49 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #1021 on: September 05, 2016, 12:17:14 am »

Bit of a mixed bag with this one and it's still so weird that this one comes before Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, because that one feels like a movie that is ten years older than what it is, whereas Biollante feels properly in it's 80's time frame.  I do feel like the narrative was kind all over place though and while Biollante is such a cool creature, there's very little good action with it.  Like 10 minutes at best.  Most of the action has the X2 involved, which works, and some human stuff, but it felt like it was missing something, despite feeling quite long.

Next up, I got the Mothra Rebirth trilogy to check out and I should get the Blu-Ray release of Godzilla 1984 very soon.

azure

« Reply #1022 on: September 15, 2016, 09:32:17 pm »

Watched the premier of the Digimon Tri dub today. Good stuff for sure! They captured the feel of the Digimon dub perfectly, almost all the original voice actors returned. Hope they dub the other parts as they come out.

doafan

« Reply #1023 on: September 20, 2016, 11:20:20 am »
These past days have been quite busy but still managed to watch three movies these are The Conjuring, The Darkness and Central Intelligence, the first two where kind of entertaining the third one leaved me the impression that it could be better but it's only my personal opinion also managed to see days later the event Backlash attempted to saw it the same day but dunno if I was very tired or the vent really put me to sleep after a couple of matches  ???

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #1024 on: September 21, 2016, 01:44:58 am »
Godzilla 1985 recently and FINALLY got an official DVD release in North America earlier this month and being my favorite Godzilla flick from when I was younger, I had to get it. Ended up watching it and enjoying it for the most part, however it was not exactly the version I grew up with which was fairly dissapointing. There are technically three versions of this movie; the original Japanese version, the International English dub, and the American English dub. The version I watched as a kid on VHS was the American dub/edit which made the Russians look like assholes in this movie, while the International dub was way more true to the original Japanese version. The two versions of this DVD are the Japanese and International dub, so there are whole parts that I remember that were not included which bummed me out, but overall it was a blast of nostalgia and I thoroughly enjoyed it regardless :)

« Reply #1025 on: September 22, 2016, 02:17:06 am »
Godzilla 1985 recently and FINALLY got an official DVD release in North America earlier this month and being my favorite Godzilla flick from when I was younger, I had to get it. Ended up watching it and enjoying it for the most part, however it was not exactly the version I grew up with which was fairly dissapointing. There are technically three versions of this movie; the original Japanese version, the International English dub, and the American English dub. The version I watched as a kid on VHS was the American dub/edit which made the Russians look like assholes in this movie, while the International dub was way more true to the original Japanese version. The two versions of this DVD are the Japanese and International dub, so there are whole parts that I remember that were not included which bummed me out, but overall it was a blast of nostalgia and I thoroughly enjoyed it regardless :)

I got this in the mail also, need to watch it as I've gone through all the Godzilla's released after this since they are so cheap to buy.

Tonight though, I was 0 for 2 on movie watching.

First up was the new TMNT movie, which yeah, I knew was going to be bad, but I was hoping to say it was better than the first one, but it's not.  I thought if they had a better focus in mind, since the first one suffered major script rewriting, it might even be tolerable, but nah, it's just as bad because of other problems.  The writing is trash and there's so many convenient plot elements so that they don't have to actually work at anything.  Again, there's no point for these guys to be "ninjas", if they are huge, powerful, shrek monsters.  They barely fight anything, it's all big action scenes and such, so little involves them being god dang ninjas.  They still looking absolutely terrible, Megan Fox is still bad as April, Stephen Amell is horribly miscast as Casey Jones (He's good as The Green Arrow), who for some reason is a cop in this and the squeeze him in randomly...There are tiny bits of okay in it, like I thought Bebop and Rocksteady were just fine, even if the reasoning behind their transformation was terrible (Garbage writing), and I liked Krang's design, but they almost turned him into a cartoon character with the acting.  It was weird and out of place with the rest of the movie.  The last movie was bad, this was bad, kill this movie series and start over.  The guys running these movies are braindead.  Get rid of the freakish super mutant/shrek monsters.

This was supposed to pick me up after TMNT: Out of the Shadows, but honestly this movie was kinda boring.  It had good parts here and there, I liked Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling for what they were, but I just didn't care for what was going on.  I kinda hated the daughter continuing to inject herself into anything and she really shouldn't have had as big of a part.  It's not a bad movie, but I had heard good things and really I just wasn't impressed.  I'd honestly say pass on this unless you REALLY want to watch a "70's Buddy Cop" kind of thing (they aren't cops, but it's very much that kind of feel.

« Reply #1026 on: September 23, 2016, 08:58:15 pm »

I needed something to watch after the last two really soured the night for me, so I had a free ticket and went to see the new Magnificent Seven movie and it's pretty great.  Solid action western film with all the actors doing a great job.  I can't compare it to past incarnations, I don't even know if I've seen any of the previous versions, I only vaguely knew the plot, but I had a good time.

kashell

« Reply #1027 on: September 26, 2016, 02:57:27 pm »
I watched Audrie & Daisy on Netflix.

I recommend it to everyone, but especially if you're a parent.

doafan

« Reply #1028 on: September 28, 2016, 02:30:55 pm »
The five series that was currently enjoying ended the same week, well at least almost all of them am talking about Amanchu!, Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, Taboo Tattoo and of course my beloved Masou Gakuen HxH, for more information about these check our Anime thread  ;D

realpoketendonl

« Reply #1029 on: October 03, 2016, 10:54:19 pm »
That would be Bayonetta: Bloody Fate.

Probably not that good of a movie for anyone who has never heard of the Bayonetta franchise, but for me (a HUGE Bayonetta fan), a ton of fun. Strongly recommended for Bayonetta fans...probably just confusing for anyone else.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

doafan

« Reply #1030 on: October 05, 2016, 11:18:43 am »
Finally managed to see the full event Clash of Champions have been a lot busy this past days so busy that last week didn't came to the office one day because my daughter wanted to see the film Storks so we went to the movie theater and enjoyed it, she also wanted to see Ghostbusters and Ice Age 5, managed to get a security copy of this two where I do have to say that the first one took a couple of laughs of me, not that bad not that good but my daughter was very entertained with this movie  ;D

tripredacus

« Reply #1031 on: October 06, 2016, 12:53:18 pm »
Ninja Assassin [BD]

« Reply #1032 on: October 10, 2016, 05:37:03 am »
Just finished the Luke Cage TV show and it was just okay.  It's kind of your standard crime drama, but it's abit underwhelming.  The action overall is kinda poorly done, kinda cheap when Luke is bashing shit up and chucking guys around.  Vastly different from the quality we got with Daredevil and even with Jessica Jones, though they kept the action more minal.  I think it's easily the weakest, mostly because Cage isn't as interesting of a character and I think they kinda knew that.  I'm hoping they can pick things back up with the next shows coming up with the new Daredevil season and Iron Fist.  I think Cage is fine as more of a secondary character, so he should be alright in the upcoming teamup show.

« Reply #1033 on: October 11, 2016, 01:40:02 am »

Getting to ready for Shin Godzilla today by catching up on the last Godzilla movie I got, which is The Return of Godzilla.  It marks the actual return of Godzilla nearly 10 years since the last era of Godzilla where he was a lot more cute and goofy.  Overall while the sets, effects, and filming looked good, the movie kinda suffers in a few areas.  Godzilla looks kinda shitty.  Not completely awful, but his most of the time make it seem like he's kinda dumb, like mentally, or looking up and it's weird.  It also feels like in different shots, they would use two different Godzillas that don't mix.  Maybe that was just me seeing that wrong, but it felt off.  Also the writing seemed fairly bad, the dub is completely awful (Felt like I was watching something from the 50's), and the human story stuff is real boring.  Not a terrible movie, but despite being the start of this era, it could be one of the weaker Heisei era movies.

Along with that, I finished up the first of the Rebirth of Mothra movies.  Overall, while it's the more friendly style of monster movie like they use to be, feeling almost like a family adventure film at times, it's actually pretty charming, Mothra is adorable, and Desghidorah is awesome as a mostly cooler version of King Ghidorah I feel.  Not entirely, but his black design and four leg build makes him generally better looking, though the gold on King Ghidorah is awesome.  Lots of good battling in this movie and Mothra ends up looks great in the final battle.

I got the other two Mothra movies to watch and then I stepa away from Toho and dive into the Gamera Trilogy from the 90's.

« Reply #1034 on: October 11, 2016, 10:14:35 am »

This movie is so underrated! The older I get the more I fall in love with it. There are long stretches of no dialogue and just what you're watching on screen unfold while amazing music plays in the background. It says way more by doing this than most movies ever could. It is incredibly effective in terms of conjuring up emotions as well. I might be mistaken, but this could be my favorite Arney movie.