Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280299 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #1065 on: November 17, 2016, 09:21:16 pm »
Watching Finding Dory now that it's out, and it's charming and enjoyable like you'd expect from Pixar.

Also just watched Fantastic Beasts and it's also charming and enjoyable.  It's great to dive back into this world with all it's whimsical creatures and characters and I love that we get to explore more of the world outside of Hogwarts and such.  I'd love if Fantastic Beasts ends up being an excuse to explore the world in general, so we get to see more of different countries and their wizarding worlds.

soera

« Reply #1066 on: November 18, 2016, 12:27:52 am »
Caught up on the rest of my comic movies. Winter soldier, Civil war, Amazing spider man 1&2, and Batman vs superman. :)

tripredacus

« Reply #1067 on: November 18, 2016, 11:17:48 am »
Now that I am near optimal on my home movie viewing experience (I still would like to get better range speakers for my 4:3 setup) watching movies, even ones I have seen before is a whole new experience. Especially on the 16:9 setup where I finally have functional surround sound.

Last night I watched Panic Room on DVD.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_Room

First saw in the theater. What a nice house, I want one.  ;D

« Reply #1068 on: November 18, 2016, 03:30:28 pm »
And in wonderful news, Top Gear is back! No, not THAT Top Gear, the Top Gear that has become The Grand Tour, because Top Gear really is James, Jeremy, and Richard.  First show was a great return to form as it's everything the show was before, with some general tweaks here and there.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1069 on: November 19, 2016, 01:39:21 pm »
Caught up on the rest of my comic movies. Winter soldier, Civil war, Amazing spider man 1&2, and Batman vs superman. :)

How good was Winter Soldier?  I loved it.
I'm glad Spider-Man is under the MCU Umbrella. Spidey is probably my favorite comic character. Marvel know to to handle superheroes. I loved the Spider-Man in Civil War. It was right.

I'm going to go out on a limb in the next one. Batman v Suoerman wasn't as terrible as all the "expert" critics said. I had fun watching it.

« Reply #1070 on: November 19, 2016, 04:33:04 pm »
I thought Batman vs Superman was fairly poor outside some of the action and generally Batman.  I never saw the expanded version, but I think there's too much wrong with the movie that adding stuff on top of it wouldn't fix much for me.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:35:07 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #1071 on: November 22, 2016, 10:09:29 am »
Went with my wife yesterday to the movie theater and we did enjoyed The Accountant, it is a very good one and even better cause didn't saw any trailer of this and am glad cause everything was new for me, at home saw at least five times Kubo and the Two Strings, my daughter loved this one, even my parents enjoyed this film, the last movie that I saw was The BFG didn't expected that my daughter liked this one, I know it's a Disney and that's supposed to be for kids but she is more of cartoons anyway the last is the Survivor Series event from the WWE but I'll leave my comments in the respective thread  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

doafan

« Reply #1072 on: December 07, 2016, 01:32:25 pm »
It seems that nobody is watching anything or they do not want to post it here anyways I took my daughter to the movies just to watch Moana this past Saturday, the day was shitty has hell with a lot of rain and very cold so what a better way to spent a couple of hours enjoying a film while we were drinking soda, eating nachos, pop corn, hot dogs and some candy, yes we ate like pigs but it was a good evening, at Sunday morning saw with my fife Don't Breathe where I do have to admit that was expecting a horror movie (didn't watched the trailer of this one) but it was a decent film, the one that it wasn't not even decent or enjoyable was The Wild Life not only the movie sucks also the translation of the name (Las locuras de Robinson Crusoe) anyway at night saw the event WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs and my opinion about this am not quite sure if I'll share it or not cause only enjoyed the last match of the full show, not even Nikki's melons entertained me this time  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #1073 on: December 07, 2016, 04:40:55 pm »
I just haven't watched any movies since Finding Dory nearly a month ago.  Been waiting for Rogue One and Passengers coming up in the next two weeks.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1074 on: December 07, 2016, 04:52:07 pm »
New TV season, so I haven't been watching a whole lot of movies.

« Reply #1075 on: December 07, 2016, 04:56:14 pm »

I'm like two or three episodes behind on Walking Dead right now lol Also I saw that there's some special HBO trial using Amazon Prime, so I'm gonna use that to watch Westworld.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1076 on: December 07, 2016, 04:58:51 pm »

I'm like two or three episodes behind on Walking Dead right now lol Also I saw that there's some special HBO trial using Amazon Prime, so I'm gonna use that to watch Westworld.

You don't need Amazon Prime for it. HBO Go offers a free month to all new subscribers, like Netflix. I plan on doing the same for Westworld, minus Amazon Prime.

« Reply #1077 on: December 08, 2016, 05:31:51 pm »

I was really hyped for this one and unfortunately it was somewhat of a let down. It definitely was not a bad movie, it was just a little boring. Definitely excellent animation and art style though.

« Reply #1078 on: December 15, 2016, 10:31:55 pm »

Rogue One really turned out better than I was expecting.  It's an incredibly well rounded film that really offered more of what I wanted from Star Wars which is awesome new ships and creatures and locations, along with great action as we really needed more big action scenes.  The final battle might be one of the better ones they've done for sure.  I'll leave it at that as I don't want to spoil anything.

I will say, after settling down after the movie and kinda taking it all in, there is an issue with characterization.  Jyn, the main female lead, gets it all, and everyone else doesn't.  They don't get any real background to their character, things to latch onto other than what they are now.  K2, the droid, would probably be the next best, because he technically doesn't have a backstory, but what he is now is pretty great.  They really needed to kinda just have a few moments of kinda dealing with motiviations and maybe expanding on interactions.

I still think it's a fun time though.  I've seen a couple people say that because of the poor characterization, that the movie isn't good, but I think everything else about the movie is.  Amazing visuals, great action scenes, and it connects well with Episode 4.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 04:24:31 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #1079 on: December 16, 2016, 10:37:32 am »
Went to a late showing of Rogue One last night and I will say that overall it was a good movie, but it was fairly underwhelming for the most part. There was some excellent fan service sprinkled throughout the movie which really jolted me everytime when I began to start feeling a little bored with what was going on. I will also say that I loved how they explained various questions that people have had about certain things in the later movies, as well as a giant plot hole in a specific movie in the series that I wont spoil. The characters were mostly underdeveloped and with the exception of two standouts for me, fairly forgetable. As always, this may change with time, but this is how I'd rank my Star Wars films now after seeings Rogue One:

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Force Awakens
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Phantom Menace
6. A New Hope
7. Rogue One
8. Attack of the Clones