Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280816 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #1110 on: February 12, 2017, 02:47:25 pm »

Saw this on Starz finally.

This isn't the disaster that everyone made it out to be. It's not as good as the originals, let me just get that out of the way right now, but then I went into it expecting that. It's not horrible, either. I thought it was a fun ride of a movie. If people went into it not comparing it, they might have enjoyed it.

This movie is the reason why I believe the people on the internet barking constantly about SJWs are WAY more annoying, obnoxious, and fragile than the SJWs they are constantly ranting about.

I saw this movie in the theater with incredibly low expectations because of the shit storm created on the internet about how this movie was a cheap attempt at Hollywood trying to be too PC and pander to specific demographics. I actually really enjoyed this movie too, dare I say almost as much as the originals. It didn't try and push any agenda or point of view down anyone's throat and was just a fun, interesting comedy that didn't do anything to discredit or take away from the first two movies or their legacy.

People act like this movie is the worst thing that Hollywood ever shat out, and I know there are people that love the originals so much and this was not what they had in mind for a sequel/reboot, but the response to this movie was a complete overreaction.

doafan

« Reply #1111 on: February 13, 2017, 01:33:10 pm »
A couple of weeks ago saw Lego Scooby-Doo! Haunted Hollywood with my daughter, Bridget Jones's Baby and The Girl on the Train with my wife also the events Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber, well at least those matches that I really wanted to watch but I did enjoy the six hours of Best of Kevin Steen in CZW DVD and I don't regret anything, will do it again anytime  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

kevininja

« Reply #1112 on: February 13, 2017, 01:57:59 pm »
A couple of weeks ago saw Lego Scooby-Doo! Haunted Hollywood with my daughter,

Wait, there is a LEGO Scooby-Doo! movie? I haven't even heard about that one.

Flashback2012

« Reply #1113 on: February 13, 2017, 02:07:23 pm »
A couple of weeks ago saw Lego Scooby-Doo! Haunted Hollywood with my daughter,

Comes with a LEGO Scooby-Doo MiniFig to boot...

Speaking of LEGO, went and saw The LEGO Batman Movie yesterday morning. Parts of it were entertaining, parts of it were rather odd. At least the kids enjoyed it.  :P

doafan

« Reply #1114 on: February 13, 2017, 02:08:38 pm »

If you like the character you should give it a chance, honestly I don't like it but since my daughter is her fan I have to watch and have to say that it wasn't that bad  ;)

« Reply #1115 on: February 15, 2017, 02:03:47 am »
I just watched Arrival and while an interesting movie and well done, not entirely sure about my thoughts of it overall.  Its hard to wrap your head around a particular aspect of it, of course without spoiling anything.  I can't say I was really wowed by it, but its interesting enough to be good.

doafan

« Reply #1116 on: March 06, 2017, 12:32:22 pm »
Saw at my vacations Blair Witch and Oujia Origins of Evil and only gonna say that both sucks but at my birthday went to the movies with my wife and little girl just to see The Lego Batman Movie where only have to say that I was laughing my ass off I was even more entertained than my daughter also if you add the fact that since got a VIP card received the soda, pop corns and candy for free and that later that night I throw a party at home only have to say that it was the best day ever anyway this weekend I saw with my wife Collateral Beauty which made me cry like a baby also saw Un padre no tan padre which was ok, not the big deal but good enough for a weekend, also yesterday saw the WWE event Fastlane, a decent weekend if you ask me  8)

shepard11

« Reply #1117 on: March 07, 2017, 12:57:02 am »
The last movie I watched was Edge of Seventeen with my wife. We rented it off of Xbox Live. I gotta say I'm a sucker for coming of age movies since I grew up in the 80's and 90's, but I don't know if this one really spoke to me. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this stuff.

« Reply #1118 on: March 07, 2017, 09:41:44 pm »
Got around to Logan and that is a pretty intense movie.  You can tell they really wanted their R rating so they didn't have to pull any punches with the violence.  It's a far darker tone than anything else X-Men related.

« Reply #1119 on: March 09, 2017, 10:30:19 pm »
And saw Kong: Skull Island tonight.  I had a pretty great time with it.  Real solid monster flick and got me extra hyped for what is coming with Godzilla in the next movie.

« Reply #1120 on: March 20, 2017, 09:47:39 pm »
Binged through Iron Fist and while overall I feel I liked it more than Luke Cage, it's not nearly as good as Jessica Jones or Daredevil.  I think the biggest problem is that the action isn't very good.  A lot of it is slow, more in the first half of the show outside of some scenes, and way too choreographed.  There are moments where it feels like they wanted to do something on par with the hallway scene in Daredevil, but didn't want to put the work into getting there and certainly not in long takes.  You are waiting for "Iron Fist" stuff, but you get like one use per show and its rare and only once or twice was it really cool.  I understand he isn't fully there yet with his powers, but I felt like they used the stuff more in the other shows.  That and the guy doing Danny Rand isn't the best.  He can get abit aggravating and its hard to take him too seriously.

It's not bad, but I felt underwhelmed by it.  Good enough to watch, just don't expect to be wowed.  I really want Daredevil Season 3 now, though its apparently not coming out till 2018.  Apparently Jessica Jones is getting a new season this year and we are also getting Punisher, so there could be better stuff this year happening for sure.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:57:30 pm by kamikazekeeg »

kevininja

« Reply #1121 on: March 21, 2017, 01:31:33 am »
Binged through Iron Fist and while overall I feel I liked it more than Luke Cage, it's not nearly as good as Jessica Jones or Daredevil.  I think the biggest problem is that the action isn't very good.  A lot of it is slow, more in the first half of the show outside of some scenes, and way too choreographed.  There are moments where it feels like they wanted to do something on par with the hallway scene in Daredevil, but didn't want to put the work into getting there and certainly not in long takes.  You are waiting for "Iron Fist" stuff, but you get like one use per show and its rare and only once or twice was it really cool.  I understand he isn't fully there yet with his powers, but I felt like they used the stuff more in the other shows.  That and the guy doing Danny Rand isn't the best.  He can get abit aggravating and its hard to take him too seriously.

It's not bad, but I felt underwhelmed by it.  Good enough to watch, just don't expect to be wowed.  I really want Daredevil Season 3 now, though its apparently not coming out till 2018.  Apparently Jessica Jones is getting a new season this year and we are also getting Punisher, so there could be better stuff this year happening for sure.

I already got that same feeling watching the first 2 episodes, good to know.

doafan

« Reply #1122 on: March 27, 2017, 12:37:16 pm »
Still haven't been able to watch Logan at the movie theaters and got the feeling that wouldn't be able to do it but anyway I did manage to saw this past week six films, my wife choose the first three ones, Mother's Day, Bad Moms and Office Christmas Party where have to admit that they weren't that bad and that Aniston still looks so freaking hot, the ones that I picked where Why Him ?, Shut In and Train to Busan this last one took almost two hours but I don't regret a single minute  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1123 on: March 27, 2017, 06:26:14 pm »

Eh, it was alright. Took a while to get to the action, and I didn't like that the Zords looked like the new Transformers.

But the backstory was better, and the special effects were good.

« Reply #1124 on: March 30, 2017, 10:53:27 pm »

Got a free ticket to see Ghost in the Shell and I'm glad I did see it.  It's actually a good scifi movie on its own.  If it wasn't an adaptation, it would be considered quite good overall.  As an adaptation though, I feel its mostly there.  Like 75%.  They recreate a lot of the iconic scenes from the movie that look real good and the story elements are there, but they clearly only lightly delved into the deeper aspects of the original movie and show, because there is a lot of dialogue going on with this series where it's just people talking about ghosts, humanity, identity, etc.  It's there in this movie, but I think they could've spent more time in a few series or certain interactions taking it further, but I figured they didn't want to make it quite as heavy as the original series is.  I mean, I can't blame them, I like it, but I for one could never truly understand everything that GITS is talking about lol 

I also am a little bummed they didn't do much with the rest of the crew.  Batou is great, I think they did well with him, Togusa is in it abit and so is Aramaki, but the other members of Section 9 don't get much attention.  Saito shows up at the end, and apparently the other three regulars are there, but I don't think their names are said and they certainly were played by different looking actors if they were.  That's so weird to do when the other main members of the cast look pretty close to their anime counterparts.

There's a good bit fanboys of the series could probably nitpick and will, but as a GITS fan and a scifi movie fan, I can certainly say its worth a watch.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:00:06 pm by kamikazekeeg »