Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280259 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #1125 on: April 06, 2017, 06:05:39 am »
The last movie I watched was Beauty and the Beast, and the last anime was Attack on Titans 1 episode of 2nd season :)

« Reply #1126 on: April 06, 2017, 06:23:17 pm »

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe.  Real mixed bag of quality here.  For a mid-90's movie, a lot of the effects feel right out of the 80's at times.  As a kaiju film, its entertaining enough, I love the model work in the city as that is always impressive to me, but every so often they use CG that looks pretty poor and some of the green screen shots are pretty rough.  Not too mention there are shots where you legit seeing the strings lifting up Gamera and its so noticeable.  Gamera is a silly monster though with his jet propulsion ability and spinning like a flying saucer, but he's fun.  The other creature, Gyaos, takes awhile to look good. It's not till its final form does it seem like the design works.  Also this movie is weirdly violent.  Like they made a hard PG-13/R rated movie, but then had to cut a lot of it out, or just not show like blood, or specifically gruesome scenes.  Like this could be a pretty violent movie if they went full on with it.

« Reply #1127 on: April 07, 2017, 06:07:31 am »
Just yesterday I watched with friends Sausage Party, it's so hilarious movie(+18), recommend everyone, 10/10

doafan

« Reply #1128 on: April 11, 2017, 01:54:50 pm »
The series that I was following this season have ended, these are Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, Akiba's Trip The Animation, Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2, Masamune-kun no Revenge, Seiren and Fuuka where I have to say that am going to miss at least three of them, one of them will have a third season and the other two can go to hell to burn for eternity, for more information and comments check the Anime thread  ;D 

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #1129 on: April 21, 2017, 04:24:35 pm »
Watched Under the Tuscany Sun last night with my GF. We both knew it would be a sappy chick flick, but good lord this movie was beyond stupid and pretentious. Unlikable, unbelievable characters, dumbass plot and story, and so many cringe worthy moments that were meant to be "cute." GF and I ended up watching the whole thing and pretty much just made fun of it the whole time.

« Reply #1130 on: April 22, 2017, 04:30:57 am »
Back to Back contributions!

Watched EX Machina on my new 4K TV tonight and beyond the excellent picture quality, the movie itself was really good, like one of the best movies I've seen in about a year. Excellent acting, very thought provoking, very original, genuinely creepy at times, and the ending was great. Highly recommend this one.

doafan

« Reply #1131 on: April 24, 2017, 12:04:13 pm »
Took my daughter to the movies this past weekend because she wanted to see Smurfs: The Lost Village I even had to purchase two happy meals after the film because she wanted to have the toys, had such a great time enjoying the adventures of these little blue fellas where can't believe that almost at my 40 years they are also alive, glad to see that my little girl enjoy them as I did when I was her age anyway at home we say A dog's Purpose which by the way it made me cry at some scenes, also saw with my wife Patriots Day, Fences and A Monster Calls, won't forget that also saw Wrestlemania this past April 2  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Flashback2012

« Reply #1132 on: April 25, 2017, 01:15:48 pm »
I watched most of Ant-Man over the weekend. Pretty good flick.  :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1133 on: April 25, 2017, 01:29:23 pm »

Very funny action movie. Quite underrated for the Marvel movies.

Flashback2012

« Reply #1134 on: April 25, 2017, 01:49:03 pm »

Very funny action movie. Quite underrated for the Marvel movies.

I found it very entertaining for what it was. The CGI ants I wrote off as whatever but Yellowjacket didn't really click with me for some reason. It didn't ruin the entertainment value of the movie for me though and I'm definitely looking forward to the Ant-Man and the Wasp sequel movie.  :)

Interestingly enough, DC occupies a commanding 75+% of my comic book collection but in regards to their movie efforts, I can't be arsed to care compared to the MCU. Every time a MCU movie gets announced like GotG2 or Thor:Ragnarok; I'm absolutely stoked and can't wait for their release. I see DC hyping up Justice League and I'm like "MEH!" (though the Wonder Woman movie doesn't look that bad). I guess on the other side of the token, I buy next to zero Marvel comic books.  :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1135 on: April 25, 2017, 02:49:43 pm »

I enjoyed Iron Fist, though it was a bit anti-climactic. I feel a big grand battle at the end of the season would've been much better.

So after watching that, I decided to give Daredevil a 2nd chance after originally not enjoying the first episode. This time I got 4 episodes in, and I was still bored to tears by it. Can't get into that one.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #1136 on: April 26, 2017, 09:57:24 am »
I re-watched the Ghost in the Shell anime a few weeks ago.

I need to re-watch Akira.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1137 on: May 09, 2017, 01:05:11 pm »

I watched GOTG 2 last weekend. I really enjoyed it, lots of good, Marvel, cosmic fun.

Not quite as good as the original. I kind of thought the humor felt a little more forced in this one. The original had plenty of humor, don't get me wrong, but with this it seemed like the team was cracking jokes even in moments that really didn't need it.

Still, that wasn't enough to ruin it, at all. It had fantastic special effects, lots of action, and new characters to explore.

And, unlike most Marvel movies, it felt like it's own thing rather than tying into something bigger. Which was a nice change of pace.

What did you guys think of it?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1138 on: May 09, 2017, 01:06:39 pm »

Back-to-back posts:

I FINALLY was able to watch this. I don't have a PAL capable DVD player, and it wasn't on any of the streaming services. But both of these documentaries are now up on YouTube! So Americans can watch now, too!

Before watching these, I was only vaguely familiar with the Video Nasties scandal, being an American and all.

Man, do I feel sorry for you Brits. The censoring in your country is out of control. What movie a grown adult watches in the comfort of their own home, should be their choice. You guys really missed out on some great stuff. And for so long! Until 1997?! Wow! You guys missed out on all the great 80s gorefests!

Very interesting stuff. What's really cool, is that there is a YouTube trailer reel that's already around that has all the trailers for all the official Video Nasties. I think I'll watch that tonight!

In conclusion: MARY WHITEHOUSE AND MARGARET THATCHER SUCK!

« Reply #1139 on: May 11, 2017, 10:10:31 am »
My girlfriend really wanted to see The Circle, mostly because Emma Watson is in it, and it ended up being the worst movie either of us have seen in a long while. Plot is poorly put together, writing is terrible, and some of the characters are just stupid or unnecessary; it was like this movie was made from a first draft made by a high school student. Save your money and time and do not see this one.