Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280191 times)

tripredacus

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #1290 on: December 04, 2017, 10:51:32 am »
I watched all 4 of the Shrek movies this weekend. I don't think I've seen any of them in their entirety before.

« Reply #1291 on: December 04, 2017, 11:16:55 am »
I watched all 4 of the Shrek movies this weekend. I don't think I've seen any of them in their entirety before.

I was in middle school when the first one came out and enjoyed it. I saw the second one too and thought it was alright. Never did see the third or fourth, but I hear mixed things about their quality.

tripredacus

« Reply #1292 on: December 04, 2017, 12:16:01 pm »
I think the 2nd and 3rd one were the best. None of them are really bad.

« Reply #1293 on: December 04, 2017, 12:44:31 pm »
Started watching Kill Me Baby over the weekend.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1294 on: December 12, 2017, 02:06:21 pm »

LOVE this show! It's like G4 Icons was for video games, but for comics. Each episode focuses on a different aspect of the history of comics, and it's done documentary style with interviews from creators.

Last week's episode, in particular, was very interesting for 90s fans. It was the birth of Image Comics and it's impact on the industry. It also tells the story of how they were treated at Marvel and what led this.

The episode before that, was also interesting for 90s fans. This one focused on the birth of Milestone Comics and the people behind it. This one I questioned a little. They talked about Milestone like it was the greatest thing ever for black people into comics. Now I'm not saying it didn't have an impact at all, but how much impact could a company that lasted for a mere few years really have? Nonetheless, it was very interesting to watch. And it looks like a Milestone return is imminent! (minus Dwayne McDuffie, R.I.P.)

The best one so far, though, is the birth of Marvel Comics, the pilot episode. Went a LOT into the relationship between Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and the company. Learned stuff I never knew about the story.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:40:20 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #1295 on: December 14, 2017, 10:57:50 pm »

No spoilers of course, but this was really good.  I'm gonna be seeing it again with a family member who couldn't make it today, so next week I'll get another good look at it all.  I'm not sure where it places right now within all the movies.  I didn't get to rewatching everything like I planned before Last Jedi, so maybe I'll do that before next week with it all fresh in my mind.  I think it's sitting reasonably high though.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:30:35 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #1296 on: December 15, 2017, 05:23:57 am »
No spoilers of course, but this was really good.  I'm gonna be seeing it again with a family member who couldn't make it today, so next week I'll get another good look at it all.  I'm not sure where it places right now within all the movies.  I didn't get to rewatching everything like I planned before Last Jedi, so maybe I'll do that before next week with it all fresh in my mind.  I think it's sitting reasonably high though.

I have never felt more conflicted about a Star Wars movie after watching it for the first time. There were things I definitely did like about it, but so, SO much of this movie was terrible, like worse than anything in the prequels terrible, I am going to rewatch it in the next week or two in order to really solidify where I stand with this movie, but right now I don't feel good about this one overall.

« Reply #1297 on: December 15, 2017, 05:49:45 am »
I have never felt more conflicted about a Star Wars movie after watching it for the first time. There were things I definitely did like about it, but so, SO much of this movie was terrible, like worse than anything in the prequels terrible, I am going to rewatch it in the next week or two in order to really solidify where I stand with this movie, but right now I don't feel good about this one overall.

I read the comments of a review and a few people said that also, which I find it to be the most absurd and really confusing thing to say.  Nothing in Last Jedi is as bad as Midichlorians, Anakin Skywalker, Jar-Jar, Gungans, the battle scenes in at least the first two movies, CG Yoda bouncing everywhere, and so many other things that are disastrously wrong with those movies. 

Of course without revealing spoilers, I know what has likely rubbed people wrong, there's a plot line that clearly went on for too long and does pan out for me and is probably my biggest gripe, but I don't see how those things take this movie down to that level when there is so much good in this movie.

Like we might have to make a separate spoiler thread so I can find out how people are even bringing up the Prequels in this way lol
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:51:47 am by kamikazekeeg »

Flashback2012

« Reply #1298 on: December 16, 2017, 08:34:48 am »

Nooooooo....as kamikazekeeg said, this one is leaps and bounds better than any of the prequel releases though it's roundly at the bottom when compared to the OT, TFA and Rogue One. Too long, pointless plotlines, black hole sized gaping plot holes and it has the exact problem that TFA had (to say how might be spoilers so read kamikazekeeg's other post). At least I got a SW-themed cup and popcorn bucket as souvenirs.  :P

« Reply #1299 on: December 17, 2017, 02:38:15 am »

The last time I watched this movie was at a friends house probably back in 1997 or 1998 and given how long it had been I decided to give this a watch again. To enjoy this movie you really have to turn off your brain since it doesn't take a meteorologist or a tornado expert to see how ridiculous and unrealistic 90% of the tornado scenes are, however they are fairly cool even to this day. The direction of this movie is pretty cheesy as are the cast of characters; a lot of 90s edginess and attitude is present in this movie, however since I am a big fan of this asthetic I mostly enjoyed it despite a few face palms here and there. Definitely not a must see, but one worth popping in every couple decades or so to see some violent weather action.

« Reply #1300 on: December 25, 2017, 12:22:33 pm »
I watched Miss Sloane 10/10

doafan

« Reply #1301 on: December 28, 2017, 10:28:18 am »
For some stupid reason the Olaf's Frozen Adventure was removed from the theathers so had to saw it at home with my daughters, dunno why the hell they decided to censorship this one also saw with my daughters A Stork's Journey and Fernindand, with my wife I saw Geostorm (piece of crap) and The Healer and of course couldn't miss the chance to watch the latest event from the WWE, am talking about Clash of Champions  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #1302 on: January 18, 2018, 12:00:01 am »

While this is not my favorite Godzilla, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters is a movie that could only be done as an anime.  The CG is well done, though I'm not really in love with the washed out colors of everything, makes things seem abit dull, visually, though when there are any explosions or atomic breath going off, it really does pop more.  Design of Godzilla definitely isn't the best, he's abit too nondescript due to the idea placed in the movie that over thousands of years, he basically evolved with the landscape, becoming more stone-like to a degree, and it just makes him seem like a 3D model that didn't get a coating of paint.  Not his worst design at all though, I'm hoping he gets an affordable NECA figure like the rest have eventually.

Story wise, the setting is great, I love the idea of full scifi Godzilla, fighting him with advanced tech and they introduced aliens into the story without it feeling weird or goofy.  Pacing feels abit rushed, like I expected more happening on their big trip away to Earth and the way back, but nah, that went fairly quick.  The stuff back on Earth is pretty good though as it's all basically one big setup to try and take out Godzilla.

I did enjoy the movie as a Godzilla fan and can't wait for the next part.  Since Godzilla movies can be so far apart (Though we are getting plenty more with a possible next Japanese movie and the upcoming American live action stuff), so more inbetween anime stuff is the best.

« Reply #1303 on: January 19, 2018, 01:06:35 am »

Studio Ponoc's first film definitely showed its founding member's roots with Ghibli as there were many blatant influences from movies like Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away. None of this was bad however, as much of the charm that made the aforementioned films so great and special was carried over to Mary and the Witch's Flower very well. The other thing that I liked about this movie was its more direct story telling that had a very clear plot and writing rather than a more nuances and subtle writing style like many Ghibli movies. Overall, this was an excellent film that I greatly enjoyed and will gladly watch it again someday.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:09:11 am by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #1304 on: January 19, 2018, 01:20:25 am »
Glad to hear its good, don't think it showed up near me as the anime releases can be very hit or miss (Got One Piece and DBZ, but no Your Name or A Silent Voice).  Definitely seemed like a "Best of Studio Ghibli", but I'm fine with that, plus someones gotta be "Studio Ghibli" if Studio Ghibli isn't going to be doing it as much anymore lol