Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 94807 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #1635 on: June 11, 2019, 06:39:56 am »
Ma was good, but it was about 15 minutes too long, which really hurt the overall pacing.  Octavia Spencer was pretty incredible.  The most unfortunate thing about the movie was that the trailers gave pretty much everything away.  Still, worth a watch if you are a horror buff.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters deserves to be seen on the big screen.  I do think that Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island were both better films, but this one is not bad.  It just felt like it was missing the same sense of weight and scale that those two had.  It was also a bit choppy in places and had a couple of moments that had me scratching my head, but it was still a fun time.

Playing ~Something New~ @ http://www.twitch.tv/cartagiald

« Reply #1636 on: June 11, 2019, 11:49:01 pm »

An interesting scifi movie  I like these types of smaller stories set in a singular location, stuff like 10 Cloverfield Lane, Moon, etc...It's nothing crazy, but there's a good little story here that kept me in it and was done real well.  The robot is pretty cool in design as I got turned onto this series through one of Adam Savage's videos as he visited Weta to check out the robot suit.  Gonna watch that now that I watched the movie.

« Reply #1637 on: June 13, 2019, 10:49:15 pm »

Free ticket time, so figured I'd go watch John Wick 3 as I love the series, but just wasn't sure if I wanted to see it in theater or not at the time.  I had heard they were already making a 4th film and I was wondering if they could really keep this series going for that long and if even the third movie could keep up the quality and level of intense action and damn do they.  They are constantly coming up with new scenarios to put him into and each one is uniquely visceral and the story keeps being engaging with them adding more layers to this secret assassin world.

I'm still pretty stoked for a 4th film after this.

« Reply #1638 on: June 16, 2019, 08:57:51 am »

Season 3 of Documentary Now! is easily the most ambitious yet, with Bill Hader only behind the camera this season, and Armisen only appearing the back half.  In their place there are some pretty heavy hitters like Michael Keaton, Cate Blanchet, and Michael C. Hall.  The first 4 episodes are pretty phenomenal, but it starts to lose a little steam in the back half.

Playing ~Something New~ @ http://www.twitch.tv/cartagiald