Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 166374 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #1890 on: February 22, 2021, 07:18:44 am »
Goodfellas somehow exceeded my expectations.

pzeke

« Reply #1891 on: February 22, 2021, 08:51:56 pm »

It "somehow" exceeded your expectations?

Just look at those mugs...

Anyway, here's some stuff I've watched lately...

Inside Man
The Jungle Book (2016) - Bill Murray.
Assassins Run / White Swan - God-awful movie.
Slender Man - The dumbest POS I've ever seen.
Snatch - Pitt's Irish accent was stupid funny.
The Equalizer 2 - Good action flick; I really like the song that plays when the credits roll.
BlacKkKlansman - Good film; it took certain liberties, but still a good film, nonetheless. Also, I like Topher Grace and all, but every movie he's in all he does is play Topher Grace.
The Shawshank Redemption - Classic.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Liked it, but I think I like the first one more.
Unbroken - Great film, I can't recommend it enough.
Lethal Weapon - This movie never gets old!
Fight Club - I feel there are stories that are best left without continuation, and this was one of them.
The Glass Castle - Really nice biopic. I'm not particularly fond of Brie Larson, but the praise she received for her performance are definitely well-deserved.
Alpha
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 08:54:51 pm by pzeke »

Cartagia

« Reply #1892 on: February 23, 2021, 08:18:59 am »
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla - This one is a blast.  It hooks you up front with plenty of Kaiju action, then goes with the human story for a bit.  The biggest issue is that King Caesar is totally unnecessary.  It could have just been G v. MG and it would have been fine.
Terror of Mechagodzilla - Not as good as the previous title.  Pacing suffered a bit and Titanosaursus is just a boring kaiju.  Not had, just kind middle of the road
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 05:10:31 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #1893 on: February 23, 2021, 12:02:31 pm »

Just look at those mugs...

Yeah, meaning that despite it's reputation as one of the best movies ever made it was still much better than I expected.

Cartagia

« Reply #1894 on: February 26, 2021, 11:44:52 am »
Shin Godzilla - Hell yes.

The Little Things was a total snooze.  Denzel was asleep the whole time, Rami Malek was actively bad, and Leto, while the best part of the movie, does not deserve all the praise he's been getting for it.

The OG King Kong.  Still the best version.  Almost half as long as the Peter Jackson one, which in itself is a huge plus.  So impressive that it was made in the early 30s.

Watched Godzilla 2000 for the first time in like 20 years - I think I literally just didn't pay attention when I watched it back then.  Actually pretty fun. Moved it up a couple of spots on my list.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:39:25 am by Cartagia »

Cartagia

« Reply #1895 on: February 27, 2021, 05:11:49 pm »
Godzilla (1998) - Not as bad as I remembered.  Still not good, but an ok monster movie if you can remove yourself from thinking of it like a G film.  That last Act is kind of a dud, too.  Moving it up a couple of spots.

The Return of Godzilla - Good, not great reboot entry into the series.  Slightly inconsistent tone, and doesn't have the original theme!
Godzilla vs. Biollante - OG theme in the first 5 minutes!  Great start.  Maybe the best human story of all the vs. movies so far.  About my only complaints are that the score often doesn't mesh tonal with what's on screen, and it drags a hair towards the end.

Current ranking:

• Shin Godzilla
  • Godzilla (1954)
  • Godzilla (2014)
  • Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster
  • King Kong (1933)
  • Godzilla vs. Biollante
  • Mothra vs. Godzilla
  • Mothra
  • Invasion of Astro-Monster
  • Kong: Skull Island
  • Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
  • Godzilla: Final Wars
  • Destroy All Monsters
  • Godzilla 2000 - American Version
  • The Return of Godzilla
  • Godzilla vs. Gigan
  • Godzilla, King of the Monsters
  • King Kong (2005)
  • Terror of Mechagodzilla
  • Godzilla vs. Hedorah
  • Ebirah, Horror of the Deep
  • Godzilla Raids Again
  • Godzilla (1998)
  • Godzilla vs. Megalon
  • Son of Godzilla
« Last Edit: Today at 08:39:02 am by Cartagia »

pzeke

« Reply #1896 on: Today at 07:54:37 am »

Yeah, meaning that despite it's reputation as one of the best movies ever made it was still much better than I expected.

Gotcha.

And while I'm here, I recently watched Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and goddamn is that freaking movie a snoozefest.