Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280401 times)

jcalder8

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #570 on: July 31, 2014, 12:50:21 am »
I just watched the RoboCop remake. It doesn't hold a candle to the original masterpiece. Don't bother with EmoCop.
I started watching this and I think it will be one that I can only stand in small doses.

pacpix

« Reply #571 on: August 01, 2014, 03:10:00 am »
I just watched Sharknado 2: The Second One.  This is one of humankind's greatest achievements.  I loved the first movie, but this sequel blows it out of the water.  Sad to see that the next installment will be the last one.

I can't watch that garbage lol I hate movies that are bad for the sake of being bad lol
How can you not want to watch a movie full of chainsaws, sharks, and explosions?!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

blipcs76

« Reply #572 on: August 01, 2014, 10:34:46 am »
I was so disappointed in World War Z.  It wasn't a bad movie, but its one of the very few times I actually read the book before seeing the movie.  I just generally don't read fiction, so this was a big deal. 

But it was for naught:

blipcs76

« Reply #573 on: August 01, 2014, 10:39:56 am »
Last weekend, we hosted a Marvel Movie Marathon at our house of the first phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

Starting at 9:30 am, we watched:
Captain America
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
The Avengers

It was a lot of fun.  About 11 people hunkered down all day in my basement to watch nerdy movies all day long.  I made up a nacho and taco bar for the feasting.  It was a really fun day.  I'm going to do Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, Thor 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy in the Spring before Avengers 2 hits theaters.

abe

« Reply #574 on: August 01, 2014, 10:45:00 am »
I was so disappointed in World War Z.  It wasn't a bad movie, but its one of the very few times I actually read the book before seeing the movie.  I just generally don't read fiction, so this was a big deal. 

But it was for naught:

Was the movie even supposed to be based off of the book? I've never read the book, but I thought the book & movie only happened to have the same name out of coincidence.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #575 on: August 01, 2014, 04:01:55 pm »
Was the movie even supposed to be based off of the book? I've never read the book, but I thought the book & movie only happened to have the same name out of coincidence.

No the author was involved with the movie.  I'm just bummed the movie had NOTHING to do with the book in any way whatsoever.  It did literally share nothing but the name alone for it which was such a waste.  It would've been perfect as a more episodic Band of Brothers type of mini series since World War Z is about individual peoples stories of the zombie apocalypse from the beginnings to where they are in the timeline.  Such a good book.

« Reply #576 on: August 01, 2014, 04:02:17 pm »
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy and loved it.  Such a fun movie.  Definitely would recommend it.

« Reply #577 on: August 01, 2014, 05:35:08 pm »
finished season 1 of space dandy

then watched dredd and judge dredd.
judge dredd sucked. dredd was ok.
i used to read 2000AD when i was younger

« Reply #578 on: August 01, 2014, 05:36:34 pm »

But it was for naught:

i agree it was nothing like the book. i also loved a zombie survival guide.

« Reply #579 on: August 01, 2014, 05:37:16 pm »
Last weekend, we hosted a Marvel Movie Marathon at our house of the first phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

Starting at 9:30 am, we watched:
Captain America
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
The Avengers

It was a lot of fun.  About 11 people hunkered down all day in my basement to watch nerdy movies all day long.  I made up a nacho and taco bar for the feasting.  It was a really fun day.  I'm going to do Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, Thor 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy in the Spring before Avengers 2 hits theaters.

i like this idea

« Reply #580 on: August 01, 2014, 05:38:36 pm »
I just watched the RoboCop remake. It doesn't hold a candle to the original masterpiece. Don't bother with EmoCop.
I started watching this and I think it will be one that I can only stand in small doses.

have you seen 'our robocop remake' i think its on youtube.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #581 on: August 01, 2014, 06:38:42 pm »
Sounds cool! Not sure I could last that long in front of a T.V., though.

foxhack

« Reply #582 on: August 01, 2014, 08:46:30 pm »
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

The movie was pretty cool, good special effects, Batista NAILED his performance (seriously, he was awesome, even if he was different from comic book Drax) and everything ended up all right.

HOWEVER.

Stay after the credits. Just do it. Do not. Leave. And I mean it, -after the entire credits have rolled.-

« Reply #583 on: August 01, 2014, 10:40:38 pm »
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

The movie was pretty cool, good special effects, Batista NAILED his performance (seriously, he was awesome, even if he was different from comic book Drax) and everything ended up all right.

HOWEVER.

Stay after the credits. Just do it. Do not. Leave. And I mean it, -after the entire credits have rolled.-

Yeah I looked up Drax and he's apparently green originally? Guess they figured they didn't want two green people up on screen, cause you would totally mix up Drax and Gamora lol

foxhack

« Reply #584 on: August 01, 2014, 10:54:37 pm »
Yeah I looked up Drax and he's apparently green originally? Guess they figured they didn't want two green people up on screen, cause you would totally mix up Drax and Gamora lol
What? Drax is green in the movie too. I meant his backstory, it's pretty different in the comics - Rocket Raccoon's too.

I really hope that when the movie hits home video they include a commentary track with the main cast. I really want to see everyone make fun of Bradley Cooper.