Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280272 times)

davifus

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #660 on: September 01, 2014, 03:05:49 am »
I've watched The Lord Of The Rings movies again that I don't recall how many times I've seen the movies...  Basically, I've become such a fan that I decided to read the books.  Finished The Hobbit a couple of months ago and more than a quarter past The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring.

Not a bad achievement, in my opinion.

Anime-wise...  I was really anticipating episode 3 of Gurren Lagann but Toonami aired an Attack On Titan Marathon instead.

Gurren lagann was really good and AoT is alright. I like toonami but English dubs... gross. The only show I can enjoy English dub is dragon ballz and I cant stand the jap dub of it.

The Japanese dub is terrible.  I don't get why they thought it was a good idea to keep Goku sounding like a little kid.  The recent Battle of Gods movie in theater in English? GLORIOUS...

I rarely find dubs that don't work for me, at least these days I don't, as it's generally better now I feel than what it use to be, though I find it abit hard to go from the Japanese audio to the english dub on shows.  I was fine with what I heard of the AOT dub.  Seemed good to me.

Got two shows I'm gonna look at next, Aldnoah Zero and Akame ga Kill, another two higher up on the popularity list right now.

Goku's Japanese VA is a old lady so I can only expect so much. Aldnoah Zero is really good esp. the OP & ED(The Drum & Bass). The only problem is if you can deal with MC stoic personality but I think he is a total bad ass. Akame Ga Kill is great too. The manga for it is way ahead and it gets better. You should watch Toyko Ghoul. One of my favorite this season and it also has a pretty sick OP & ED that fits well with the dark atmosphere.

Other good shows from this seaon is: SAO II:GGO, Zankyou no Terror (I haven't started but I heard good things about it), Tokyo ESP (Same didn't start but heard good things), Hanamonogatari, Barakamon, GlassSlip (If Like you getting a Feels Coaster), Re:Hamatora, Of course Space Dandy 2 (How could I not < https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IgTJSQtRzE).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:13:49 am by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #661 on: September 01, 2014, 03:43:23 am »
Liking Aldnoah so far two episodes in.  Reminds me of Gundam abit, and not just because of the mechs exactly.  The lead guy is abit strange being emotionless, but I assume that'll get explained? I already have SAO:GGO on watch, but haven't heard the rest you brought up, other than Space Dandy which I want to watch eventually.  Kinda just looking for stuff on Crunchyroll first before I go back to the other streaming sites for lower quality stuff.

My recent favorites have been Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Sword Art Online, Kill La Kill, and Attack on Titan.  Think that's all the newer/ongoing stuff I've seen.

I'll take a look through the other stuff you brought up eventually.  GLASSLIP might get a look at next.  It sounded like abit of a romance anime, but reading the description, I wasn't sure if it was gonna end up being something goofy or more serious.  I'm totally fine with riding the feels coaster lol

davifus

« Reply #662 on: September 01, 2014, 03:50:06 am »
Glassslip is more a drama feel coaster. I usually turn down those kind of shows before it can either ruin or better my day. Are you tracking any of your completed show on mal,hummingbird, or aniichart?

« Reply #663 on: September 01, 2014, 03:58:31 am »
Glassslip is more a drama feel coaster. I usually turn down those kind of shows before it can either ruin or better my day. Are you tracking any of your completed show on mal,hummingbird, or aniichart?

I haven't.  I never thought about tracking the anime I've watched before, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea lol And I'm totally fine with drama feel coasters.  I've played The Walking Dead games and seen my fair share of rather depressing anime and movies lol

davifus

« Reply #664 on: September 01, 2014, 04:05:05 am »
I would recommend mal (myanimelist). The other are fine too but I always return to mal. My mal list is in my signature if you want to see.

davifus

« Reply #665 on: September 01, 2014, 04:07:50 am »
I can recommend other show if you like. I have seen my fair shares of shows.

« Reply #666 on: September 01, 2014, 04:14:24 am »
I can recommend other show if you like. I have seen my fair shares of shows.

I'm actually kinda looking for good slice of life type shows right now.  With feels or not, just kinda interesting regular Japanese life stuff, BECK or K-On spring to mind.  Moyashimon was another, though I thought it sort of petered out around the end of the second season when they left to France.  Mostly as long as they aren't cheesy harem animes, or get too cartoonish.

Gonna put together my list on MAL soon, so I'll be able to kinda sort out what I've seen and what I haven't as I can be fairly forgetful.

davifus

« Reply #667 on: September 01, 2014, 04:22:00 am »
I love beck and the music. K-on was moderately enjoyable and I dont mind all the moe. K-on has awesome music too. I can give a more accurate reccommation when you finish your list on mal. You cant escape from harem its everywhere 8) 8).

« Reply #668 on: September 01, 2014, 04:35:42 am »
I love beck and the music. K-on was moderately enjoyable and I dont mind all the moe. K-on has awesome music too. I can give a more accurate reccommation when you finish your list on mal. You cant escape from harem its everywhere 8) 8).

lol I know its everywhere, I just don't think I've found one I ever really liked.  I guess Tenchi is one right? I remember watching that back in the day. Going through what I can remember for my list right now along with adding what I own.  Should be done tomorrow sometime.

davifus

« Reply #669 on: September 01, 2014, 04:41:56 am »
Good old tenchi. Tenchi has a spin off harem based off his brother.

« Reply #670 on: September 01, 2014, 05:05:45 am »
Here's my anime list.  Think I hit on most stuff, but there's probably stuff from years ago that I just don't remember.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KamikazeKeeg

Might also be good for us to start up a general anime discussion thread so we don't overtake this one completely lol

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #671 on: September 08, 2014, 06:15:02 pm »
I watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 yesterday. It was a good enough flick. It didn't change my life or anything, but it was fun.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #672 on: September 08, 2014, 07:22:17 pm »

Again.

And it's still one of the coolest fantasy films ever made.

Watching Conan the Destroyer tonight!

davifus

« Reply #673 on: September 08, 2014, 07:44:06 pm »

Again.

And it's still one of the coolest fantasy films ever made.

Watching Conan the Destroyer tonight!

Me too I love Conan

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #674 on: September 08, 2014, 07:58:19 pm »
..yeah, because they have the same name.