Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280208 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #765 on: March 01, 2015, 06:09:58 pm »
Recently watched Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End.

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are my absolute favorite of the three but The World's End was a bit of a letdown. It was kind of predictable and the humour wasn't as good as the last two movies.

I freaking love Shaun of the Dead. I really need to add that one to my collection. Just haven't come across it yet at my local DVD source (Goodwill).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #766 on: May 03, 2015, 11:55:44 am »

Watched it last Friday, and it was AWESOME! Felt like it jumped straight out of the comic. So much action and great special effects. And just like the first movie, some great dialogue.

« Reply #767 on: May 03, 2015, 02:27:04 pm »

I watched this last night. Very cool little sci-fi movie starring William Hurt, Jennifer Connelly, and Keifer Sutherland.

It's one of those movies that make you think a little about the world around you and nature of reality. But it does have a little bit of a low-budget, so if that turns you off, you may not like this.

Personally, I really enjoyed it. Great story that keeps you intrigued, great sets, and a great sense of atmosphere.

A man wakes up in a hotel room with no memory of who he is. He soon finds a dead woman in the room with him, then learns of a series of brutal murders that recently happened. He looks for clues to who he is, and connections to his life and the murders. He sets out to find out what the hell is going on, and soon finds out the picture is much bigger than he realized.

A race of beings as old as time itself is dying. And they have searched the universe for answers. This man soon learns that he and everyone in the city he is in is part of an experiment involving these beings. And no one is who they think they are. These beings are so advanced, that they can shape reality itself. But this man is the first human in their history to be able to not only resist them, but start to fight them with their own power.

If you're a sci-fi fan, check it out. I really enjoyed it. Unique little film.

i loved this movie.
its a cult classic

« Reply #768 on: May 03, 2015, 02:27:31 pm »
just finished season 3 of the walking dead.

im also onto season 2 of Plebs

« Reply #769 on: May 03, 2015, 10:49:09 pm »

just finished this show. it was very funny, shame there was only 12 of them.

doafan

« Reply #770 on: May 04, 2015, 11:34:42 am »
Went with my wife to the movies this past Friday to see Avengers: Age of Ultron also yesterday we saw Insiduous 2 and Intruders  ::)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

foxhack

« Reply #771 on: May 05, 2015, 04:45:59 pm »
I saw Avengers Age of Ultron.

Half the movie was awesome, the other half convinced me to never buy, read, or watch another thing by Joss Whedon again.

« Reply #772 on: May 05, 2015, 07:43:25 pm »
I saw Avengers Age of Ultron.

Half the movie was awesome, the other half convinced me to never buy, read, or watch another thing by Joss Whedon again.

What was so bad? I mostly liked it.  About the only thing I didn't like was that Ultron probably should've been more intimidating than Spader funny, though I liked what he did, and the one death that happened without bringing up spoilers here.

foxhack

« Reply #773 on: May 05, 2015, 09:11:35 pm »
I liked his interpretation of Ultron. At least he made him interesting, comic book Ultron is as interesting as Ben Stein giving a lecture.

And that last thing you said is A reason, but there's a lot more that bothered me.

« Reply #774 on: May 05, 2015, 09:48:44 pm »
Ah well, they all can't be winners.  I had fun with movie and I haven't been really let down by any of the Marvel flicks yet (Marvel Marvel, not Fox Marvel or Sony Marvel).  Iron Man 2 and Thor were abit underwhelming, but still enjoyable.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #775 on: May 05, 2015, 11:44:59 pm »
comic book Ultron is as interesting as Ben Stein giving a lecture.

FwwwwwWHAAA?!

He's one of the greatest Avengers villains of all-time! He totally weaves in and out of the Avengers history. Hank Pym (Ant-Man, YellowJackaet, Giant Man) created him. He had to do with The Vision's creation. He was connected to Wonder Man's creation. He created Jocasta. And right now, Ultron Forever, is doing a great job telling a new Ultron story. He's a thinker villain that's two-steps ahead of the Avengers, but at the same time can go toe-to-toe with them in his Adamantium body.

This was also one of the best Avengers stories ever:

He's like the Avengers Magneto. A consummate threat that can never be truly defeated. About the only other villain that's as influential on the Avengers may be Kang.

...ANNIHILATION CONQUEST!!!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:47:23 pm by burningdoom »

foxhack

« Reply #776 on: May 06, 2015, 12:10:19 am »
I know all that. It doesn't change the fact that HE'S BORING. Boohoo I have daddy issues so I want to destroy the world and / or make everyone my slaves. Almost every other villain, even d-listers, have better motivations for doing things than Ultron. His movie appearance has been the one time I've actually found him interesting.

Sorry. That's just how I see him.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #777 on: May 06, 2015, 12:18:08 am »
There's also the classic sci-fi theme of an A.I. gone wrong. Machines evolving past mankind. I've always been a fan of that theme (Terminator, Matrix, etc.).

« Reply #778 on: May 09, 2015, 04:31:16 pm »
only 3 more episodes of dragonball left.

kevininja

« Reply #779 on: May 09, 2015, 04:33:54 pm »
Just watched Kingsman: The Secret Service, pretty good action movie!