Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 275943 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #870 on: August 11, 2015, 04:51:35 pm »
Didn't DBZ Resurrection F kinda of hint at Frieza was going to be defeated at the end of the movie? If that's the case, then I would have rather had Frieza defeat Goku/Vegeta, etc. because I think it could have opened the doors for a more interesting alternate storyline where Frieza takes over Earth. That's would be interesting to add on the world building in the movies. Dragon Ball Super is alright for the first 5 episodes, its seems like episodes 4-7 are kind of like a retelling of Battle of the Gods, which does make sense. The biggest problem with Super is that the animation quality can be absolute garbage at times, mostly doing fight scenes. It looks worse than the DBZ movies from the mid 90's, and DBZ Kai at times. I really wish the animation quality would get upgraded, since Toei is doing the best right now out of all Japanese animation companies and DBZ is one of their biggest properties.

I saw that they were retelling Battle of Gods which makes no sense to me.  Move the story up past the movie, do a Battle of Gods recap for maybe half of the episode, and then move on.  Even if it wasn't bad animation, it's not going to be movie quality, so it's just doing a lesser version of something that was done better. 

maximo310

« Reply #871 on: August 11, 2015, 10:05:44 pm »
Didn't DBZ Resurrection F kinda of hint at Frieza was going to be defeated at the end of the movie? If that's the case, then I would have rather had Frieza defeat Goku/Vegeta, etc. because I think it could have opened the doors for a more interesting alternate storyline where Frieza takes over Earth. That's would be interesting to add on the world building in the movies. Dragon Ball Super is alright for the first 5 episodes, its seems like episodes 4-7 are kind of like a retelling of Battle of the Gods, which does make sense. The biggest problem with Super is that the animation quality can be absolute garbage at times, mostly doing fight scenes. It looks worse than the DBZ movies from the mid 90's, and DBZ Kai at times. I really wish the animation quality would get upgraded, since Toei is doing the best right now out of all Japanese animation companies and DBZ is one of their biggest properties.

I saw that they were retelling Battle of Gods which makes no sense to me.  Move the story up past the movie, do a Battle of Gods recap for maybe half of the episode, and then move on.  Even if it wasn't bad animation, it's not going to be movie quality, so it's just doing a lesser version of something that was done better.
Yeah, I'm gonna say that the first three episodes were good. But I have no clue why Toei decides to do BoTG recap for the next 4 epsiodes. Hopefully the story will improve after they finish that mini arc.

doafan

« Reply #872 on: August 24, 2015, 07:14:08 pm »
Haven't seen a good movie on the cable schedule these past days but yesterday saw with my wife this event  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

abe

« Reply #873 on: September 14, 2015, 09:05:41 pm »
Finished season 5 of The Walking Dead. Kinda a boring season compared to some of the others, but that was quite the season finale. :o
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

tripredacus

« Reply #874 on: September 15, 2015, 10:42:40 am »
Watched season 1 of Exosquad. Disappointing they didn't put season 2 on DVD.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #875 on: October 11, 2015, 12:17:38 am »

If you are a fan of "B" action movies and horror movies; or you look back fondly on the days of scouring a video rental store's shelves, then you MUST watch this documentary.

This was so good, and brought back so many fond memories of perusing the rental store horror section, or action section. Memories of high-action, and bloody gore that just made you all warm and fuzzy inside. Memories of straight-to-video schlock that you just don't see anymore. It's damn entertaining and made me wish I still had a local video store to run to right after it was over.

It's on Hulu, don't know about Netflix or not.

doafan

« Reply #876 on: October 12, 2015, 06:32:35 pm »
Has been a long time since I was able to see a decent movie and this past weekend was not an exception, dunno how but I managed to see the following titles and that's all cause everything at the cable is pure crap also can't believe that enjoyed more the Masha and the Bear cartoon with my daughter than anything else  ???

« Reply #877 on: October 17, 2015, 07:52:18 pm »
Crazy Dave Tape part 3

tripredacus

« Reply #878 on: October 19, 2015, 02:19:27 pm »
Mirror Mirror 2: Raven Dance
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110530/

htimreimer

« Reply #879 on: October 22, 2015, 02:59:05 am »
i went to see crimson peak, it's pretty damn good and i can see why some not liking it, it's a slow burn of a movie and the marketing is way to vague, its giving no indication about the pacing of the film or whats it about and if you are not expecting what the film is, you're gonna be a bit mad at trailer and even the movie it self. over all, go see it

« Reply #880 on: November 01, 2015, 09:04:57 am »
I watched Focus, Bad Words and the new Goosebumps recently.

They were all pretty good. I think I enjoyed Focus the most despite having been really excited for the Goosebumps movie ever since it was announced. The Goosebumps didn't really have the same charm as the TV series that I was kinda hoping to get but it's very good visually, the monsters all look awesome.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #881 on: November 10, 2015, 12:20:46 pm »

Watched this again last night. Hadn't seen it since childhood.

...so many titties! I can't believe I was ever allowed to watch these as a kid!

Good entry in the series, too. Pays homage to the ones before it, while Jason goes on a killing spree chopping down a new group of teen campers. This one also has a VERY young Cory Feldman as the young Tommy Jarvis, who ends up being the hero of the film.

Good times, I forgot how fun these mindless slasher flicks can be. (And mindless is a key point, don't go into this looking for an in-depth story).

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #882 on: November 15, 2015, 04:14:05 pm »
last anime i watched is Fairy Tale
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #883 on: November 27, 2015, 04:44:27 pm »

My dad brought this over to watch on Thanksgiving. Pretty damn good.

I expected it to be your normal psychedelic, depressing, sad-ending 70s sci-fi movie.

Instead I got an imaginative and intense sci-fi thriller. It had a bit of a Terminator 1 vibe to it once Yul Brynner (as the robotic gunslinger) started hunting people down.

So basically, the plot is that in the near future, they have created theme parks where you can live out a fantasy life in the past. They have Westworld, Medieval World, and Roman World. Most of the movie takes place in Westworld (hence the title). The theme parks are populated by extremely life-like robots that act like people from the time. You can get into bar-fights with them, gun-fights, even have sex with them. They are programmed to never hurt the people, though. But as sci-fi goes, something goes wrong with the robots, and they start killing people. Eventually they run out of power, but in the gunslinger's case, he was upgraded with more powerful parts. So he continues to hunt down the surviving vacationers with the cold-cunning and precision of a computerized gunslinger.

Very good, especially for a 70s sci-fi flick (which wasn't the greatest era for sci-fi). Now I need to check out the sequel, Futureworld. And I heard they're working on a TV series for Westworld coming out next year.

doafan

« Reply #884 on: November 30, 2015, 10:47:39 am »
Has been a long time since I saw a good movie so decided to give a try to this four titles where do I have to say that gotta love San Andreas just because Alexandra Daddario, damn she looks gorgeous no matter how but those scenes were she got wet damn already saw it twice just because of this babe anyway am totally disappointed about Ant Man, was expecting a lot more of this character cause the movie totally sucks  >:(