Author Topic: 3DO questions  (Read 2521 times)

3DO questions
« on: January 09, 2013, 12:18:34 am »
So I've wanted a 3do for a couple years now, and I think Im finally getting one soon. Can people who have experience with the system recommend any hidden gems for it?
I've also heard the port of Doom is expensive and pretty horrible, but what about the Wolfenstein 3D port?
What games should I get for it?
I really want to get D,Pataank and Street fighter, what else is out there?

thecollector0o7

Re: 3DO questions
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 12:30:48 am »
Well one thing make sure the 3DO is working when you buy it because they are very bad that way.
A good gem for the system and probably my favorite for it is Road Rash. also I love wolfenstien 3D for it another fun game is Need for speed but I personaly say get road rash.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 12:46:02 am »
A 3DO (and an Atari Lynx) are at the top of my wishlist, right now. I haven't actually played these, but I've seen a lot of game footage/reviews because I have been looking at 3DO stuff. Some of the standouts that I saw:

-Alone in the Dark
-Gex
-Puzzle Bobble
-Road & Track Presents: Need For Speed
-Road Rash
-Samurai Shodown
-Star Fighter
-Super Street Fighter II: Turbo
-Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger
-Wolfenstein 3-D

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 01:13:42 am »
Awesome! Thank you guys a lot keep em coming, I have Gex on the PS1 and love it but hey on the 3do would be sweet too. I also saw good things with Samurai Shodown but I already have the neo geo version so I probably wont get that, definately Alone in the Dark, love that game.
What about the Theme Park port? Used to love that game on PC would love to try another version if it's good.
Oh! and the guy I'm buying from tested it and is also giving me a 60 day warranty

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 02:05:03 am »
I'd imagine the Neo Geo version of Samurai Shodown is the definitive version, so yeah, no need to get it on 3DO if you already have the Neo Geo version.

And if you have Gex on PS1 already, I don't see why you'd need the 3DO version.

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 04:39:25 pm »
adding to the list

Star Control II
Return Fire
Psychic Detective
The Horde
Total Eclipse

Honorable mentions

Killing Time
PO'ed
Out of This World
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:42:47 pm by pceslayer »

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 05:03:00 pm »
Awesome! Looks like I'll have a good list to start with, thank you guys so much.

theflea

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 07:22:34 am »
I own a FZ-1 and an FZ-10 models (still need the Goldstar version)
Doom is ok, but the frame rate is so choppy you have to reduce the screen to the size of a postage stamp for it to play right. lol

As for whats worth playing on it,
- Street Fighter 2 Turbo
- Road Rash
- Return Fire
- Myst
- Wolfenstein 3D
- Wing Commander 3
- Gex
- Incredible Machine (unusual puzzle game)
- Bust-a-Move
- Samurai Shodown (it's no Neo Geo but its playable on 3DO)

There's a lot of crappy games for 3DO if you wanna good laugh. Like Night Trap and Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (it's only worth playing for a laugh, it's horrible as a game)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 02:44:13 pm »
Killing Time, Mansion of Hidden Souls, The Horde, if your into RPG they have The Slayer and another one. As for Return Fire I remember seeing it on In the Army Now with Pauly Shore and was one of the reasons I bought it... ok ok I admit it I'm a Closet Pauly Shore Fan.....
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »
Return Fire is one of the best games ever made ever! I really wish they would remake it for PSN and XBLA.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 05:51:10 am »
oh man, i had a lot of fun playing jurrasic park but for all the wrong reasons. its truly one of the worst games ive ever played but its so bad its good.
i also loved the cd screen saver. dont forget to throw a cd in there and trip out to the 3 different screen savers!

darko

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 09:33:23 am »
- Incredible Machine (unusual puzzle game)

Holy crap...didn't know there was a console version of this. I used to play part 2 on PC when I was....8-9??? Awesome game!

Come to think of it, I still have the game and book for DOS.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:36:49 am by darko »

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 12:53:27 pm »
The FZ-10 is a better machine, but I do like the look of the FZ-1.

Don't miss out on Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels, very well made and interesting game dynamics. A hidden gem!