Author Topic: Anyone Looking for Virtual Boy?  (Read 2827 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Anyone Looking for Virtual Boy?
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:13:23 pm »
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-w-Galactic-Pinball-Game-12238347.html#des

I imagine this will turn out to be pretty good price on this.  All the pieces are there, it's just not tested.  Maybe one of you crazy cats might be into it.

Re: Anyone Looking for Virtual Boy?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 05:53:02 pm »
I actually dig the Virtual Boy a lot, might be a nostalgic thing but I really enjoy the system. Just take it for what it is, Im not calling it a good system but it certainly isnt as bad as people make it out to be

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:44:35 pm »
I have one, and like it. It's not comfortable and its only one color, but its fun.

darko

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 06:47:02 pm »
At least you guys aren't needing the stand and the eye piece only :)

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 07:17:36 pm »
Yeah, I like the Virtual Boy as well. It's kinda lame in many ways (hard to play comfortably, , but it's pretty fun to play around with, and it has some fun things on there. Red Alarm gets so much undue hate but it's actually really fun, and of course Wario Land is great.

I'm just sad some of the planned games never came out, like Goldeneye, Mario Kart and FREAKING Star Fox.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 01:28:54 am »
Yeah, I like the Virtual Boy as well. It's kinda lame in many ways (hard to play comfortably, , but it's pretty fun to play around with, and it has some fun things on there. Red Alarm gets so much undue hate but it's actually really fun, and of course Wario Land is great.

I'm just sad some of the planned games never came out, like Goldeneye, Mario Kart and FREAKING Star Fox.
Right!? A Star fox game would be great!
I also think they could have pulled off some kind of Doom-Clone FPS... but it wasnt just the Virtual Boy that was holding that back but damn would that be cool

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 07:32:08 am »
There actually exists footage of Star Fox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU0Y4YMtYVQ
It's pretty short though and on repeat though and shows no gameplay. There's also footage for an unreleased Mario game in there.

I will note that E3 1995 looks very different from modern E3 it seems :P
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:38:17 am by jobocan »

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 02:18:33 pm »
Hhhhmmmm goodwill auctions scare me. They have way to many shill bidders on there. Plus the shipping sucks. Plus that vb is in not the best of shape to already be at 52bucks. I would rather just buy on ebay or ioffer. Or the best way yardsales and flea markets.
Good looking out though!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 07:45:17 pm »
It was at $20 when I posted this. I thought it might go under the radar.

theflea

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 09:02:12 am »
I already own a VB and all 14 US releases. Found a VB last year at a garage sale for $5 It was missing the eye foam, I gave it to a friend who's VB was having issues playing. So He took the eye piece from his broken one and has a working one for $5. He was a happy boy. lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"

htimreimer

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 10:50:42 am »
I already own a VB and all 14 US releases. Found a VB last year at a garage sale for $5 It was missing the eye foam, I gave it to a friend who's VB was having issues playing. So He took the eye piece from his broken one and has a working one for $5. He was a happy boy. lol
you know if you want to complete your virtual boy collection your gonna need a japanese virtual boy because there are about 18 more games