Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91640 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #360 on: May 03, 2016, 03:51:49 pm »
During this whole Shane vs. Stephanie thing, where is HHH? Isn't he the real boss? Isn't he still COO?

It's stuff like this that pisses me off about WWE sometimes. It's like they think we're stupid and we just not capable of remembering these things.

doafan

« Reply #361 on: May 03, 2016, 03:53:22 pm »
Thanks, it seems that it was a good show, am taking care of that too right now: WWE Raw 05 02 2016 HDTV x264-FMN [TJET]  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

spac316

« Reply #362 on: May 07, 2016, 10:42:08 pm »
It seems like ti is becoming a little tad bit more watchable lately. Not saying it's anywhere near as good as it was in attitude era, far from it. But it has been a bit more enjoyable. Looks like for the most part they are pushing more of the newer talent.
Of course Cena has been nursing an injury so that may be the reason. I'm also not a Roman hater, but they are just booking him wrong. he should lose the belt at the next PPV and/or turn him heel.

« Reply #363 on: May 07, 2016, 11:22:57 pm »
It seems like ti is becoming a little tad bit more watchable lately. Not saying it's anywhere near as good as it was in attitude era, far from it. But it has been a bit more enjoyable. Looks like for the most part they are pushing more of the newer talent.
Of course Cena has been nursing an injury so that may be the reason. I'm also not a Roman hater, but they are just booking him wrong. he should lose the belt at the next PPV and/or turn him heel.

A number of guys have been out for abit.  Cena and Orton in particular are those who are usually part of the wrestling fatigue that happens, but Cena is still gone till the end of the month and Orton will be gone for probably a few more months.

I'm also not a Roman hater.  That match at Payback was great, but he doesn't have a whole lot of real charisma in the way of like his Cousin The Rock and yeah, the booking is borked to hell.  I'm really hoping he loses it at Extreme Rules coming up, but I have a feeling they are gonna hold off till Seth Rollins returns here in the next month so they can get them feuding.  Likely the most clear cut feud to have afterwards, even if I really want Styles to be champ.  A tough guy, mostly babyface, champ with two strong heel enforcers would create an interesting dynamic compared to how Rollins did it as the "avoid all danger" guy and kinda useless enforcers.

« Reply #364 on: May 08, 2016, 06:17:08 am »
I missed this news, but apparently some wrestlers/personalities were let go from WWE.  Two I was abit surprised by.  Wade Barrett is gone, which isn't too surprising as he began to disappear from TV, but I was kinda hoping to see Sandow return.  I thought that maybe he could recover after dropping his bit with The Miz, but WWE once again couldn't figure out what to do with him which sucks.  The most he ever got to do was the failed gimmick bit with him pretending to be Randy Savage with Curtis Axel as Hogan which failed when that mess with Hogan started.  He seemed cool, which sucks that he's dropped.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/5/6/11609662/damien-sandow-released-wwe

Apparently Barrett's release was more expected that I didn't know about, having to decided to not renew a long time ago, which would end up with him having no contract by June, but basically worked it out to leave abit sooner.  Oh well, maybe the Bull Hammer will find a new home.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:20:24 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #365 on: May 11, 2016, 06:23:42 pm »
It appears that the upcoming house show in Honolulu on June 29 will be huge and when I say huge I really mean it cause there will be not one but two dream match-caliber main events for the Wednesday night show, am talking about two possible matches cause at this point they aren't official or at least not yet, these matches are John Cena vs.Shinsuke Nakamura and Brock Lesnar vs. Kevin Owens it also seams that there will be another good ones which made me think what the hell are they thinking and why they didn't show these in the next event, definitely would love to see them at the cable  >:(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #366 on: May 11, 2016, 07:36:02 pm »

Absolutley agree. Since WrestleMania, they turned it up a notch. Pushing younger talent, giving us match-ups we haven't seen before, and pushing that PG-rating. I've seen a bit more violence, blood, and even some language here or there. I've actually found myself looking forward to Raw as it approaches, rather than just looking at the preview on WWE.com to see if it's even worth watching.

« Reply #367 on: May 11, 2016, 10:35:35 pm »
Damn house shows! Not really excited for a Stiff Cena versus the amazing Nakamura, but I'm for seeing anything he does.  I have to wonder if they are already trying to prep Nakamura for the main show.  I'm not sure if that'll happen, mostly because they'll need big guys once Balor moves up.

doafan

« Reply #368 on: May 12, 2016, 12:28:19 pm »

With or without the lame boy Nakamura needs to be at the main show, the guy is crazy as hell in fact yesterday after I heard the rumor decided to saw the match between Shinsuke and Sami at NXT and it was simply perfect and I mean it, you can practically feel the hype of the fans not only when he came to the ring the full match the crowd went nuts, have seen this one at least five times and have to agree with one of the comments that a couple of users leaved at Youtube: Much better than Wrestlemania 32 main event

« Reply #369 on: May 12, 2016, 10:03:22 pm »
Apparently that house show in Hawaii with Nakamura/Cena and Brock/Owens isn't 100%.  Nakamura/Cena isn't being shot down, but Brock/Owens is, going so far to say that Brock won't be around till August to build up for Summerslam.  Apparently the rumor for it was that it would be televised, like the Japan house show last year "Beast in the East", but apparently not.  Maybe we'll get another fun Japan one this year.

« Reply #370 on: May 15, 2016, 08:14:02 pm »
Interesting idea (all unsubstantiated of course), but with "The Club" stuff going on with Styles, Anderson, and Gallows, that when Extreme Rules happens, Styles loses not because he's beaten, but because of interference by Gallows, Anderson, and a surprise visit by Balor.  Styles clearly isn't heel, he's a very popular face, so it doesn't make a ton of sense for Styles to lead a heel group.  But Balor if he comes in, the guy who lead The Bullet Club in New Japan before giving it to Styles, would make for good story stuff.  Balor can pull some double duty on NXT and WWE for abit, which Owens did for a little too before moving on.

I'd love this.  Balor Club begins, maybe even turning it into some sort of stable for awhile with a few guys.  Don't think there's been a group thing for awhile now has there?

doafan

« Reply #371 on: May 17, 2016, 02:05:09 pm »
The thread is kinda dead so lets revive it a little with the list of the matches for the next event Extreme Rules:

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin - No disqualification match.
Roman Reigns with Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso vs. AJ Styles with Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson - Extreme Rules match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods) vs. The Vaudevillains (Aiden English and Simon Gotch) - Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Charlotte vs. Natalya - Submission match for the WWE Women's Championship - Ric Flair is banned from ringside and if he does show up Charlotte will lose the championship
Kalisto vs. Rusev (with Lana) -  Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
The Miz (with Maryse) vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn - Fatal 4-Way match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho - Asylum match

Will leave my impressions of this before Sunday cause right now have to see yesterdays Raw, in fact just want to see the match of The Miz and Cesaro against Samy Zain and Kevin Owens, totally love what Stephanie did with the stipulation for Owens  ;D

And Kevin if you ever think about talking a walk on Sami Sayn then don't bother showing up this Sunday

« Reply #372 on: May 17, 2016, 04:05:53 pm »
The thread is kinda dead so lets revive it a little with the list of the matches for the next event Extreme Rules:

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin - No disqualification match.
Roman Reigns with Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso vs. AJ Styles with Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson - Extreme Rules match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods) vs. The Vaudevillains (Aiden English and Simon Gotch) - Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Charlotte vs. Natalya - Submission match for the WWE Women's Championship - Ric Flair is banned from ringside and if he does show up Charlotte will lose the championship
Kalisto vs. Rusev (with Lana) -  Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
The Miz (with Maryse) vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn - Fatal 4-Way match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho - Asylum match

Gonna watch Raw tonight myself, but for the selection, I'll make my guesses as...

Ziggler vs Corbin - I almost feel like Corbin will win, because they want to put him over as a tall guy.  There's a lot of "new era" talk and I think that'll come into play here.

Styles vs Reigns - I'm more interested in what comes out of this match than maybe the match itself, since I'm expecting Roman to win.  All signs point to it and that Roman will keep it till a bigger event I think.

New Day vs Vaudevillains - New Day.  I don't think Vaudevillains have anything really going for them.  I want New Day to keep it and then maybe Enzo and Cass go for it at like Money in the Bank or something.  Kind of a longshot I feel since they are still the new guys on the main roster.  I feel like it could go to someone else instead though.  Maybe they'll finally figure out what to do with the dudley's.

Charlotte vs Natalya - I like that Flair is kept out for this.  His intervention bit got old weeks and weeks ago.  Not sure if Charlotte will lose it, but I think it would be good to do so.  I'll say Natalya to win for the heck of it.

Kalisto vs Rusev - I think Rusev wins.  They already did Kalisto versus a big guy for abit and Rusev winning it could be a good way to build him back up as I believe him with the US belt awhile back was a big deal.  Though he'll probably just end up losing it to Cena when he comes back.

IC Championship - I'm positive Miz loses, but not sure who it goes to.  I kinda want it to be Zayn, and I don't feel like it'll be Owens, but I'm cool with all three.  I'm gonna say Cesaro though.  Feel like its leaning towards him.

Ambrose vs Jericho - Ambrose.  I'm done with Jericho lol He's such a tiring heel.  Once in awhile he gets some good bits, like I loved him freaking out over his destroyed jacket, but he's been so prominent for months now.  He's still a fine wrestler, but I'm kinda over him.

Sidenote: Turns out that the final Balor vs Samoa Joe match at Takeover next month, this time with Samoa Joe as NXT Champion, will take place in NXT's first ever cage match between the two.  That's pretty awesome.

Also, Rollins could be returning as early as the beginning of June.  I'm very happy for that.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:12:17 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #373 on: May 19, 2016, 06:56:22 pm »
Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin: Being honest am not gonna watch this one and really hope that it will became part of the kickoff show.
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods): Indeed this team has to win because the belts practically belong to Enzo and Cassady.
Charlotte vs. Natalya: Want Natalya as the new champ dunno why but got the idea that in one way or another Flair will appear at this match.
Kalisto vs. Rusev (with Lana): Rusev will gonna win with the "help" of Lana I can beat with this one.
The Miz (with Maryse) vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn: Even when am a big fan of Owens really want to see Sami as the new IC Champ, why ? because this way the feud with Kevin can continue, really loved this past Raw event, seeing this two as a team was pretty fun, they should do it more often.
Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho: Not a big fan of these two but since am kinda tired of Y2J, hope that we can have a decent match here.
Roman Reigns with Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso vs. AJ Styles with Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson : Roman cannot lose cause I have read that Cena is gonna come back and got the idea that he will gonna want the belt back also it's to soon to see Styles as the champ.

« Reply #374 on: May 19, 2016, 07:05:28 pm »
Ziggler and Corbin are confirmed for the Kickoff Show.  I'm glad Kalisto is back on the main show as it was pretty lame relegating the US belt to the kickoff show two times in a row.  Really treating the belt poorly.