Author Topic: Strange ebay find? or just crap?  (Read 1328 times)

Strange ebay find? or just crap?
« on: January 16, 2013, 07:09:23 pm »
I just got a copy of X-Men on the NES from ebay. The label and cart are in pretty good condition, however when I go to play the game, it's Double Dragon II. Anyone ever hear of anything like this? The seller replaced the game, but I still have the weird X-men/Double Dragon II cart just laying around. I have no idea why someone would want to swap the board in the cart.

foxhack

Re: Strange ebay find? or just crap?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:17:46 pm »
Someone obviously stole that game. Then the seller got it used. It happens more often than you'd think...

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 07:19:49 pm »
I figured it was something stupid, but just out of curiosity, what makes you say that someone stole it?

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 08:09:51 pm »
Why else would someone stick a good game inside the shell of one of the worst games ever? :P

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:36:20 pm »
Someone obviously stole that game. Then the seller got it used. It happens more often than you'd think...
This is most likely what happened. I'm still waiting for this to happen to me, I'm always concerned when I find a rare game that it is going to be SMB/DH inside.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 08:46:35 pm »
Thanks for all the info, I'm still pretty new to the collecting world and this is the first time I've ever seen anything like it. Its just too bad I already have Double Dragon II. I guess that means I have an extra cart laying around in case I ever get the urge to smash something.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 09:39:07 pm »
Yea I once got Secret of Mana but the sticker that was peeling off of it was BattleShip.. They basically ripped off the original sticker and stuck on another...It also lost its sticker eventually....
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

theflea

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 08:55:26 am »
I once bought Clu Clu Land off Ebay and when i got it the outside cart was Clu Clu Land but it played Ikari Warriors. I contacted the seller and he sent me another one and it worked fine.
It could be it was a rental, someone rented it, switched out the game so they could keep playing it and returned a game they didn't want to play any more. 

This is why you should always test every game you buy asap. I hear this is also a huge problem if you start collecting Famicom Disk games. These are written over with other games all the time. So far I've bought 12 disk games and all where the game it was supposed to be. (Knock on wood) 
"Happy game hunting!!!"