Author Topic: Finally!  (Read 1064 times)

Finally!
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:26:05 am »
So I've been on the look out for a couple months now for a new CRT Television to play my retro games on, however I also wanted one that my modern consoles would look decent on. My other TV was also starting to act up so it was time, today while browsing in the game section at a local thrift store I look to the left to see two very nice Sony Trinitron TV's both plugged in and working. I went with the smaller one because the picture looked better and the big one probably wouldnt fit in the spot I have. Holy crap these TV's are great very nice crisp bright picture, I love it.
Anyways, what kind of TV doyou guys play your retro games on?

Re: Finally!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 04:55:05 am »
Lol I ain't got the room soo i just play on my 48 inch vizio hd tv
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

Re: Finally!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 05:24:22 am »
I had a really nice 32" Sony Wega up until fairly recently that worked beautifully for non-HD games, but had to get rid of it recently after it developed some severe geometry problems. Wound up replacing it with a Samsung LN40D630 LCD (I turn off all the post-processing shit), which has done a surprisingly great job of handling PS2, DC, Wii games, but I miss the CRT like crazy. Getting another one is on my to-do list, but unfortunately, that has to wait until I move into a larger apartment.

All in all, I'd say you scored pretty nicely!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:25:53 am by insektmute »