Author Topic: Feature Request: Sort by Price  (Read 1251 times)

Feature Request: Sort by Price
« on: January 31, 2013, 02:43:46 pm »
My family knows that collecting is a hobby of mine and I know they would love to help me with my collection as birthday/Christmas gifts. It would be really helpful if there was a "sort by price" option on the wishlists. That way anyone looking to spend 25 dollars on me can see what I don't have that would cost them about that much, etc.
Thanks!

jcalder8

Re: Feature Request: Sort by Price
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 08:12:30 pm »
The problem with the the prices is that it's just whatever has been listed on Amazon so you wouldn't know if it is actually worth that much or not.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 10:28:03 pm »
The problem with the the prices is that it's just whatever has been listed on Amazon so you wouldn't know if it is actually worth that much or not.
I think a better site for pricing is eStarland.com. Maybe I'm proposing two feature requests then-- a more reliable site to judge prices from and a "sort by price" option?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:51 pm »

Whatever the game is currently selling for, is exactly what it's worth, though. Using pricing from Amazon would be like a real-time price guide.

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 11:55:01 pm »

Whatever the game is currently selling for, is exactly what it's worth, though. Using pricing from Amazon would be like a real-time price guide.
Not really because Amazon is only what people are asking not what it is selling for.

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:57:47 pm »

No.

Try saying that the next time some dumbass lists Super Mario / Duck Hunt for $75.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 12:16:37 pm »
Not only that -but- Amazon pricing is taking into account 15% of the sale going to Amazon + (possibly) shipping and/or insurance costs...also raising the price of the *actual* game itself  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 12:23:50 pm »
I think prices and game value are exactly whats wrong with this hobby. If you have people interested in buying you a gift, just write em a list. Im glad this place doesnt place value on stuff. Stadium events is 1 spot on the list just like E.T. and SMB. I really wouldnt be happy if collections on here start having a value.

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 01:35:33 pm »
I think prices and game value are exactly whats wrong with this hobby. If you have people interested in buying you a gift, just write em a list. Im glad this place doesnt place value on stuff. Stadium events is 1 spot on the list just like E.T. and SMB. I really wouldnt be happy if collections on here start having a value.
They already do. There's a box where you can input what you paid for the game. :x

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 02:49:44 pm »
It's not about collecting only rare and expensive games, but some really interesting and good games ARE expensive. Final Fantasy, etc. We all go about this hobby in different ways. :)

soera

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 03:02:44 pm »
Oh I know. I just recently bought Suikoden II and Persona Revelations so I know about semi-expensive games. But on the other hand I really dont want my collection to be weighed on its value but what I have in it as far as really good items.

To me, my collection is invaluable. My NES stuff is a special spot in my wife's heart and my PS1/DQ stuff is what I really like. A lot of the other stuff is stuff I played when I was younger or decent items I found in the wild. I dont know what all of it cost me but almost every piece has some sort of meaning. If I thought about the money part, it would lessen my personal value on it.